User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's about how far in I was until I switched pistols.  

I might try cowboy action next time.  What's the drop going to be on .44MAG from a 12" barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
87 shots isn't too bad

That's about how far in I was until I switched pistols.  

I might try cowboy action next time.  What's the drop going to be on .44MAG from a 12" barrel?

Probably around 6 inches. Magnum calibers shoot fairly flat I think.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Blaming the tools.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The cut off for stud was first shot hit.

I guess that means I can never shoot in front of you guys again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, didnt westernhaikus1 make a hit on his 2nd shot?  You better put him on the short list of studs too.

I was the first one to make it (2nd shot) but I also was the only one brave enough to go first

Wish I could make it for the 4th guys but I'll still be out of town! I just built a new AR so please let me know on here of via PM if anybody is getting together to do some shootin'.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was the first one to make it (2nd shot) but I also was the only one brave enough to go first

Wish I could make it for the 4th guys but I'll still be out of town! I just built a new AR so please let me know on here of via PM if anybody is getting together to do some shootin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, didnt westernhaikus1 make a hit on his 2nd shot?  You better put him on the short list of studs too.

Went first, first shot jitters defense? I'll grant half an exemption. You're studish.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup, 123 yds, 369 feet for the torso on the right. The one on the left is a little smaller and was at 108 yds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PFC_Dustin connects at 123 yards on first shot (the only one besides yours truly, but I live there). RacyCarr is disgusted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz56Bk_P0SQ

Oh cool, I thought it was only 108yrds lol.  Yeah his reaction made my week lol.

Yup, 123 yds, 369 feet for the torso on the right. The one on the left is a little smaller and was at 108 yds.

Oops. I was out with my laser range finder and reshoot the steel distance. I don't know where I got those other numbers from. The near target is 116 yards (348 ft) and the far one is 130 yds (390 ft).
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Joker, whats the plan for tomorrow?  Are there still shooters coming down?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I expect a few trickling in throughout the day.
I have to drop a dog at the clinic at 8:00AM, so don't come before then.

I'll grocery shop on the way home so I'll be there at ~10ish. I'll start patching up targets, run through jungle lane for a couple of changes and touch ups. When you get here I'll be happy to spend a couple hours working on pistol skills. Dinner around the campfire then I prep food for Sat.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I expect a few trickling in throughout the day.

I have to drop a dog at the clinic at 8:00AM, so don't come before then.

I'll grocery shop on the way home so I'll be there at ~10ish. I'll start patching up targets, run through jungle lane for a couple of changes and touch ups. When you get here I'll be happy to spend a couple hours working on pistol skills. Dinner around the campfire then I prep food for Sat.
View Quote
Cool, I'll stay out of your way until at least 11 then.  I can help with chores or anything else you need before we start plinking.  If you think of anything I can bring along let me know.  Youve got my number so dont hesitate to use it my man.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
See you at 11 then. We'll shoot first, then as others arrive we'll staple up some targets and weed eat any shooting lanes that need it for Copperhead Road. Then if anyone wants we'll shoot some more or go straight into snacking and eating around the campfire.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Put the ammo cans from our visit to good use today with new stock.  Still need to put up what we already didn't have room in cans for.  That was supposed to be what those cans were for.

Just got done with the floor reinforcing project

Wish I could make it out to use up some of it this weekend.  You all have fun and stay safe.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish you could make it too. I don't really like any of the other guys.

ETA: I don't understand what you put in the cans. Maybe because you said "stock" and posted a picture of a cow. Did you put a cow in a can?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish you could make it too. I don't really like any of the other guys.

ETA: I don't understand what you put in the cans. Maybe because you said "stock" and posted a picture of a cow. Did you put a cow in a can?
View Quote

Most of a cow.  I had to really push to get it in there.  Unfortunately, the front fell off when I was jumping up and down on the lid of the second can, so I tossed it in the yard for the doge to gnaw on.  That's when I snapped the photo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not sure what time I'm trickling in. Was planning on mid afternoon.  My better half may be later.

Are there any supplies we need to bring?  Planning for ammo, drinks, and snacks/lunch stuff.

I'll happily pitch In whatever I can.  Good times and good shooting with good people is priceless.

Hell I learned a lot my last trip.  Ready to go back to school
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
What time is dinner and campfire stuff starting?  I'm trying to get an engine in my truck before I head up there and wouldn't want to miss anything.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what time I'm trickling in. Was planning on mid afternoon.  My better half may be later.

Are there any supplies we need to bring?  Planning for ammo, drinks, and snacks/lunch stuff.

I'll happily pitch In whatever I can.  Good times and good shooting with good people is priceless.

Hell I learned a lot my last trip.  Ready to go back to school
View Quote

Any time is fine. APEMAN is coming at 11 and we'll be shooting a little pistol. Then we'll start prepping the range (weather permitting.) At 4 I have to run into town and pick up a dog but you guys know your way around. On the way back I'll pick up some pizzas and we'll light the fire whenever you want.

I got the Fri night pizza, Sat night dinner and Sun breakfast for any stragglers. Pack something to eat for the rest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What time is dinner and campfire stuff starting?  I'm trying to get an engine in my truck before I head up there and wouldn't want to miss anything.
View Quote

Make sure Lexi brings all three squirt guns. There may be other kids here and they will be armed!

Is Mom coming with? Do you want the double campsite?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Make sure Lexi brings all three squirt guns. There may be other kids here and they will be armed!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do lol.

Everyone should be coming this time.  If I get my truck done we'll actually be there at the same time.  The rain put it off all week so I'm pulling an all night all day thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Heading out now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone passing through etown and want to carpool with me or my wife?  Probably not getting my truck done and my car is small lol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Wish I could be there with the new AR pistol and an AK this time

Have fun and be safe guys
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know you who guys paid off to get sunshine today, but I'm impressed!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#22]
So, how was it on Saturday?
Edit to add, if anyone finds a Spyderco Endura I lost one on Friday.  It could be in either Cherokee, on the range or between the range and Jokers house.
Also, it was nice to meet everones families.  The kids were great, and the wives were cool.  As usual it was a great time and I hate that I had to leave when I did.  Im already looking forward to next time.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#23]
No knife. I'll dig around in the Cherokees later today.

Friday after you left we hung out for hours and then around midnight Luvman and I showed Cavin how to build his new AR.

Saturday started with made to order breakfast cooked on the front porch for the 4 families that camped Friday night. Coffee, chocolate milk, pancakes, eggs and bacon.

We made our way to the range and for most of the day worked on pistol skills and drills. Cavin broke in his new AR. The kids got a lot of attention and help with their shooting. A couple of the wives worked on their pistol work.

Back up at the house we had pulled pork, growlers, buffalo chicken dip, growlers, watermelon and growlers. The rest of the evening was spent around the fire with an incredible amount of S'mores being consumed by the kids.

Most stayed and shot again on Sunday. After a late start we went to Copperhead Road and gave the kids a crack at that with .22 ARs while I gave lessons on the pistol range. We worked on everything from stance, and grip and progressed to moving and shooting and multiple target engagement.

PFC_Dustin stole The Dude.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top