Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it's supposed to rain at all is it?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm seeing 60% chance of scattered showers in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it ain't rainin' we ain't trainin'.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we got wet last year also , or maybe the year before. It's hell to get old

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not complaining, I've got gear that needs mud on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I counted it up once and am just going by memory. About 265 rounds of .223 and 220 of pistol as a minimum. I would double that for plate rack, dueling tree and steel speed fun, challenges,  repeats, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was an estimated round count posted at all?

I counted it up once and am just going by memory. About 265 rounds of .223 and 220 of pistol as a minimum. I would double that for plate rack, dueling tree and steel speed fun, challenges,  repeats, etc.

That's a lotta boolits!

I have my EZ-Up loaded up in case you're still needing one. It's all shitty and old and rednecky with one of the missing leg halves replaced with a broom handle.  

I have the cooler full of water and soda like I bring to HTF shoot.

Will it do any good to bring a little portable 2-stroke genny for night time or anything that needs powered, or should I just leave it home?  It's still in break-in, so it will do about 4-600W loads or so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
It's like Christmas eve!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
So... a serpa retension holster retensions the hell out of a glock with the .22lr slide in place.  In case anyone was wondering.

Crapola!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So... a serpa retension holster retensions the hell out of a glock with the .22lr slide in place.  In case anyone was wondering.

Crapola!
View Quote

I'm not even bringing an OWB holster.  The only one I have for the pistol we're bringing requires the light/laser to be mounted and that's not how I've been carrying and I'm too lazy/don't want to fool with it.

Mrs. and I are bringing 2 IWB holsters so we didn't have to switch off.  If you need to and you're using a 19 (or compatible) and don't mind sharing ass sweat, you're welcome to use one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm not even bringing an OWB holster.  The only one I have for the pistol we're bringing requires the light/laser to be mounted and that's not how I've been carrying and I'm too lazy/don't want to fool with it.

Mrs. and I are bringing 2 IWB holsters so we didn't have to switch off.  If you need to and you're using a 19 (or compatible) and don't mind sharing ass sweat, you're welcome to use one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crapola!

With an offer like that....

I better get busy duct taping that serpa back together!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crapola!

Awww.  Nobody ever wants to share ass sweat with me
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Crapola!
View Quote

I'm bringing a Bladetech OWB for G19 if you want to share. No ass sweat required.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all!  It was actually a safariland model, not serpa... I got it back together with just the hood retension (leaving out the the slide retension) and it now works for both the 34 and the 22 adapter.

Crises (and ass sweat!) averted!

I'll be bringing a couple dedicated 22lr ARs if anyone needs to scrimp on ammo... not that 22lr can be found these days.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Not feeling the need for a genny.

Quoted:

That's a lotta boolits!

I have my EZ-Up loaded up in case you're still needing one. It's all shitty and old and rednecky with one of the missing leg halves replaced with a broom handle.  

Will it do any good to bring a little portable 2-stroke genny for night time or anything that needs powered, or should I just leave it home?  It's still in break-in, so it will do about 4-600W loads or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was an estimated round count posted at all?

That's a lotta boolits!

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not feeling the need for a genny.
View Quote

Good.  I already gave away its seat to some other gear.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I have to miss this fest due to a family commitment.  I'll catch it next time.  Can't wait to see some pics of the action.

Have a great time everyone.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Putting a radiator in my jeep today. Well, I will be, as soon as my ride to town gets here.

Waiting for pics since I can't make it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I get the privilege of being the first to say "Thank You!" to Joker and all the RSOs for putting on a fantastic shoot!

Wish I could have hung out for the post shooting festivities, but at least I was able to ring the dinner bell.  

Thanks again and nice meeting all of you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I get the privilege of being the first to say "Thank You!" to Joker and all the RSOs for putting on a fantastic shoot!

Wish I could have hung out for the post shooting festivities, but at least I was able to ring the dinner bell.  

Thanks again and nice meeting all of you.
View Quote

Best damn shot I've ever seen!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the shoot!  I wish I could've stayed to ring the dinner bell!

I hope to get back down to shoot again soon!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Many thanks to Mr and Mrs. joker1 for putting on a great shoot.  Only took 15 shots to hit the 107 yard target with a G19
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Many thanks to Joker & company for a first class shindig.

It was fun, safe and very informative.

Also finally met some of the local (and semi local) Arf tribe and it was funny as Hell talking with them about some of the drama on Arf.

Fine folks the lot of 'em.    

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I had a blast (pun intended), everyone who didn't show really missed out on  a good time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, yesterday was the best time I've had shooting in my life! I can't thank Joker and his crew of RSO's enough for all the work it must have took to set up the events and accommodate us. To everybody that showed up yesterday, yall are some of the best people I've had the pleasure of meeting on the range.

Also proud to be the first to make the 100+ yard pistol shot and then immediately be used as slave labor to haul out our ammo can prizes

I've got some photos and some videos from yesterday that I will post up soon as I can.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#25]
We had a great time and learned quite a bit.  Those of the 36 on the list that didn't show up really missed out.  It hands-down beats the hell out of squaring off with a target stand and slow firing from a static firing line, which is what most of our shooting opportunities consist of.

Big thanks to joker1 and the RSOs for the guidance and keeping everything safe and fun.  It was great meeting you guys that we haven't met before.  Look forward to doing it again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#26]
We just got home.  We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.  Thanks for putting this on, providing food, giving tips and advice and doing all the extras, it was pretty incredible.  Who ever didn't show definitely missed out on a ton.  

I'll post pictures once I get settled and unpacked. Probably in a day.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh yeah, for anyone interested in dirt cheap rifle rated targets and target stands Shooter's Element gave me a discount code for the event for everyone to use.  Even if you missed out you can still use it.

Put in Down1 and you'll get 10% off.  It's a great company with some awesome stuff.  All of the rifle targets you saw there were from them (from what I saw)

The site is ShootersElement.com.  Everything he has is rifle rated and it's a little thicker than standard AR 500 targets for more longevity but a butt load cheaper.

Also it was great meeting you all, I haven't that much post match fun in a long time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Also it was great mating you all, I haven't had that much post match fun in a long time.
View Quote

The first rule of Joker1 shoots...

What happens at Joker1's stays at Joker1's.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:34:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also it was great mating you all, I haven't had that much post match fun in a long time.

It was those growlers.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Dustin if you don't mind post up some of the video you took from the shoot I'd like to watch them
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#31]

The shoot house

Gas Station shoot off in the distance

Misc targets

The group at the end of the day for the long range pistol shoot

View from the firing line of the long range pistol shoot

Zoomed in to see the targets. Approx 100 yards to the targets.

I couldn't figure out how to post a video but here is a screen shot and use the link to view the video.
Not sure who was shooting but he hit the steel on the first shot.
It took me 26 shots with my Sig P938
https://flic.kr/p/tWRW9q

Thank you to Joker1 and everyone else who worked hard to put the event together. I look forward to attending in the future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Soon as I can get back to my Mac (traveling) I will be posting pictures and a few videos.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Where to start...
I was up til 3:00 AM Sat morning prepping food.
I got up at 6:30 to shower and went to the range to staple up the last of the targets and assemble the last of the 2 props, a "bed" and dining room table. I allowed myself just enough time to bury a 9/16" staple into my thumb.
Then I ran one of the Jeeps to the gas station to fill the tank and back to the house to start the coffee and greet the shooters as they arrived.

While we waited for the people that never showed we had a discussion about warning violent felons about your intentions ala "drop the weapon". I followed this with an "action vs reaction" demonstration and killed every one that warned me before shooting me. I showed a few disarming techniques.

Then I passed out some gifts, a challenge coin that serves as a lifetime pass to shoot on my range. The guy that didn't get one IM me. I have yours.

Safety briefing and emergency injury plan review. Intros to the RSOs. Thanks Thaddeus for providing the RSOs shirts. The guys loved them.

We threw the gear in my 2 Cherokees and a few of the guys 4x4 pickups and proceeded through the fields and woods to the range. We could have taken a small country or Canada. We divided up into 4 groups, each under the supervision of 1 or more RSO. Thanks Doug for running the Copperhead Road. I received many compliments on the job he did. Creeping through the "jungle" and locating the 13 steel targets hidden at a distance and engaging the 5 Ivans at "danger close" range was a huge hit. There were 5 "snakes" along the trail as well. Did any find all 18 targets and all 5 snakes???

Thanks to Monty, Thaddeus, John and Dustin for RSOing the rest.
Stage one at the range was all steel for the pistol and cardboard for the rifle. We timed plate rack runs, dueling tree and multiple target engagements. We used that area for those that wanted a warm up or needed a little guidance from my RSOs on technique.
Stage 2 had a shotgun/multi target run, a dog attack and an ATM scenario. Screw Your Buddy was there but I'm unsure it was used much.
Stage 3 was were I was stuck the entire day. It was the "Crash" shoot house scenario (25 bad guys transitioning from pistol to carbine) with 6 rooms to clear. 7 corners to "pie". 5 or 6 hostages and innocents as well. The second scenario there was you at a gas station when a gang robs the place taking your son hostage. CCW gear. Only one of the guys assassinated their son. However many of you shoot Apu behind the counter. The gas station had 3 steel droppers, 4 baddies appear pop into the windows and a door that swung open requiring you to engage a target in the doorway before you advanced into the gas station to either rescue or kill your son.  

My patient is here. To be continued...

Done with my patient and... he's going to bring his whole family out for a shooing lesson!

Back to the shoot. I truly appreciate everyone's participation. I appreciate all having a good attitude and sharing equipment such as full auto, SBR and suppressed joy. There were NO safety issues, everyone had a good attitude and it seemed a good time as well.

There was a lot of good shooting, there were a lot of mistakes. I set up some tricky or misdirecting situations on purpose. i.e. When you see a copperhead on the trail you should have been looking at the 3-D target 10 feet off to the right. How many did that one "get"?

Kid with airsoft gun? Dead.

Woman holding man hostage? Eh, just shoot the man.

Did you come 2 far into the last room to shoot the armed man? If so your "pass throughs" hit the lady cop coming in the back door.

When the range grew silent and everyone was clustered under the EZ-up I asked feedback on the various set ups and I gave a little talk about why we do the "Money Shot", we packed up the gear and went to the house to try it.

Everyone made the Money Shot. For those that didn't notice, in spite of my severe exhaustion I hit it with my G34 on the first shoot. It took me 3 tries with the 22 but I was shooting it one handed. I pretended like I expected to but I did pee a little.

Once someone qualified for dinner they picked up their complimentary ammo can and a growler of Shiner Bock from the fresh keg.

I went straight to work fixing dinner. First out was chips and dip, salsa and 10 pounds o freshly made Buffalo Chicken Dip eaten with tortillas, Fritos or celery sticks. 10 pounds. The left overs fit in a margarine container.

While the twice baked potato casserole heated up (This contained 3#s of bacon!) I grilled a simply seasoned pork loin. We ate a whole loin along with a full gallon of cole slaw.

Mrs. Joker made 6 dozen cupcakes for dessert. Carrot cake, red velvet and lemon.

Severe damage was done to a keg of Shiner. Severe damage. Bourbon was consumed. Some shooter's started drifting home but several sat around the campfire till midnight or so before retiring to the cabin or various tents set on the prepared campsites.

Then the fuckers got me up at 7:30 so I started the coffee and served breakfast. We visited for a while and the 6 of us went down to the range and shot steel. I gave some pistol instruction to two and saw some good improvement in their hits. Then we went to Copperhead Road so I could shoot it for the first time (I used my G34) and we took PFC_Dustins daughter through it twice with a .22LR converted lightweight barreled AR. She did great and earned her Shooter's Challenge Coin.
We all ran the Road multiple times and went back up to the house about 4:00 to start working on what little leftovers there were. We killed what was left of the sides and I sliced and grilled another half pork loin which we consumed with the help of Remington the visiting dog.

People left about 7:00 PMK and I collapsed on the couch until I drug my sorry ass to bed.

For those that noticed the zombie greeting/directing you down the drive that was Aaron. Aaron, KYFortean was a previous shoot attendee and I have shoot on his farm. Aaron was a good guy. He was knowledgeable, a CCW instructor, a patriot, and a friend. He always had a story to tell, a joke to share and a friendly smile for you. Aaron passed away at the age of 32 this spring. He was missed. I think he would get a kick out of "being the zombie".
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#34]
This is Lights Out that we were talking about.  I think David wrote the story as a series of forum posts that were condensed into a PDF that was floating around for free for a long time with his blessings.  I'm sure it's still floating around out there (I even have a PDF copy) but I posted the Amazon link above because David has started selling it in book and ebook form and has said that he would rather the free copies not be distributed any longer.  It's one of those books that is frequently referenced in the SF boards.

I can't think any specific scenarios that would be used (except for maybe a roadblock/ambush or getting back into your own now-occupied house), but the storyline might make for a fun theme of the shoot.

You were asking about suggestions or things that could be eliminated.  I liked everything that I did but I didn't do the dogs, ATM or screw your buddy, so I can't speak on those.

Something I think would be interesting would be different ways of clearing the shoot house.  Of course, you're supposed to use your nightstand pistol to fight your way to your long gun, but I'm sure a lot of people plan to (or maybe get stuck) use their pistol to check on bumps in the night.  Clearing rooms with a pistol (which we probably could have done this time around) would be a good twist.  Clearing with a shotgun probably doesn't make much since because it would probably tear things up too bad and have the potential for BBs bouncing around.

Clearing rooms with a partner might be another cool scenario, or at least a little instructional thing.  If more than one person is going in though, rope-guns or airsoft would probably be a better idea for safety.

One last idea for a shoot house twist is a hallway with two doors/rooms directly across from each other, but I don't think that there are two safe directions to shoot 180*, are there?

Quoted:
We through the gear in my 2 Cherokees and a few of the guys 4x4 pickups and proceeded through the fields and woods to the range. We divided up into 4 groups, each under the supervision of 1 or more RSO. Thanks Doug for running the Copperhead Road. I received many compliments on the job he did. Creeping through the "jungle" and locating the 13 steel targets hidden at a distance and engaging the 5 Ivans at "dfanger close" range was a huge hit. There were 5 "snakes" along the trail as well. Did any find all 18 targets and all 5 snakes???
View Quote

I think I did OK on my first run through (other than focusing on the steel and running by Ivan #1).  I think I went in a little cocky when I went through the next day.  Maybe I was hoping to remember where things were.  The Ivans really got the drop on me that run.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is Lights Out that we were talking about.  I think David wrote the story as a series of forum posts that were condensed into a PDF that was floating around for free for a long time with his blessings.  I'm sure it's still floating around out there (I even have a PDF copy) but I posted the Amazon link above because David has started selling it in book and ebook form and has said that he would rather the free copies not be distributed any longer.  It's one of those books that is frequently referenced in the SF boards.

I can't think any specific scenarios that would be used (except for maybe a roadblock/ambush I would like to set up and have intended to setup were you shoot from your vehicle. Prepare for body work and glass replacement!!!!!or getting back into your own now-occupied house), but the storyline might make for a fun theme of the shoot.

You were asking about suggestions or things that could be eliminated.  I liked everything that I did but I didn't do the dogs, ATM or screw your buddy, so I can't speak on those.

Something I think would be interesting would be different ways of clearing the shoot house.  Of course, you're supposed to use your nightstand pistol to fight your way to your long gun, but I'm sure a lot of people plan to (or maybe get stuck) use their pistol to check on bumps in the night.  Clearing rooms with a pistol (which we probably could have done this time around) would be a good twist.  Clearing with a shotgun shotgun i.e. "long gun" is so similar to rifle it really isn't worth the destruction to props. Just do what you do with a rifle. probably doesn't make much since because it would probably tear things up too bad and have the potential for BBs bouncing around. Last year people complained there wasn't enough CQB with carbine when we used pistols in the shoot house. <sigh> This year I gave you rifle. People did ask to and got to run the shoot house with their pistol. Once you run something they way it is set you can always ask to run a variant. We try to be accommodating. So yes, others wanted to use pistol and asked and ran it with their pistols.

Clearing rooms with a partner might be another cool scenario, or at least a little instructional thing.  If more than one person is going in though, rope-guns or airsoft We can do force on force airsoft stuff but all guns must be off the range which cuts into fun factor for everyone.  If you come over on your own or with a small group willing to do that it can be very informative.would probably be a better idea for safety. Partner training is highly specialized and a bit tricky to do safely. It's a pretty advanced technique and there's not a lot of people I want behind me with a loaded pistol out! Honestly I don't feel qualified to teach that safely and therefore won't run that at this point. "A man's got to know his limitations". Maybe in the future pending a lottery hit.

One last idea for a shoot house twist is a hallway with two doors/rooms directly across from each other, but I don't think that there are two safe directions to shoot 180*, are there? No way. Your right that that is a common and tricky situation (good observation). I don't have a buried or 4 sided bermed area to have shots in all directions. There is also no good one man technique for this. That's why it sucks to clear a house on your own. If you are stuck in this scenario pick a room and rush it hoping to get out of the hallway and doorway before you get shot.(Airsoft it with me next time you're down.)

I think I did OK on my first run through (other than focusing on the steel and running by Ivan #1). So the very first bad guy killed you. I set it up for that to happen. I truly, truly suck. I think I went in a little cocky when I went through the next day.  Maybe I was hoping to remember where things were.  The Ivans really got the drop on me that run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can't think any specific scenarios that would be used (except for maybe a roadblock/ambush I would like to set up and have intended to setup were you shoot from your vehicle. Prepare for body work and glass replacement!!!!!or getting back into your own now-occupied house), but the storyline might make for a fun theme of the shoot.

Something I think would be interesting would be different ways of clearing the shoot house.  Of course, you're supposed to use your nightstand pistol to fight your way to your long gun, but I'm sure a lot of people plan to (or maybe get stuck) use their pistol to check on bumps in the night.  Clearing rooms with a pistol (which we probably could have done this time around) would be a good twist.  Clearing with a shotgun shotgun i.e. "long gun" is so similar to rifle it really isn't worth the destruction to props. Just do what you do with a rifle. probably doesn't make much since because it would probably tear things up too bad and have the potential for BBs bouncing around. Last year people complained there wasn't enough CQB with carbine when we used pistols in the shoot house. <sigh> This year I gave you rifle. People did ask to and got to run the shoot house with their pistol. Once you run something they way it is set you can always ask to run a variant. We try to be accommodating. So yes, others wanted to use pistol and asked and ran it with their pistols.

Clearing rooms with a partner might be another cool scenario, or at least a little instructional thing.  If more than one person is going in though, rope-guns or airsoft We can do force on force airsoft stuff but all guns must be off the range which cuts into fun factor for everyone.  If you come over on your own or with a small group willing to do that it can be very informative.would probably be a better idea for safety. Partner training is highly specialized and a bit tricky to do safely. It's a pretty advanced technique and there's not a lot of people I want behind me with a loaded pistol out! Honestly I don't feel qualified to teach that safely and therefore won't run that at this point. "A man's got to know his limitations". Maybe in the future pending a lottery hit.

One last idea for a shoot house twist is a hallway with two doors/rooms directly across from each other, but I don't think that there are two safe directions to shoot 180*, are there? No way. Your right that that is a common and tricky situation (good observation). I don't have a buried or 4 sided bermed area to have shots in all directions. There is also no good one man technique for this. That's why it sucks to clear a house on your own. If you are stuck in this scenario pick a room and rush it hoping to get out of the hallway and doorway before you get shot.(Airsoft it with me next time you're down.)

Quoted:
We through the gear in my 2 Cherokees and a few of the guys 4x4 pickups and proceeded through the fields and woods to the range. We divided up into 4 groups, each under the supervision of 1 or more RSO. Thanks Doug for running the Copperhead Road. I received many compliments on the job he did. Creeping through the "jungle" and locating the 13 steel targets hidden at a distance and engaging the 5 Ivans at "danger close" range was a huge hit. There were 5 "snakes" along the trail as well. Did any find all 18 targets and all 5 snakes???

I think I did OK on my first run through (other than focusing on the steel and running by Ivan #1). So the very first bad guy killed you. I set it up for that to happen. I truly, truly suck. I think I went in a little cocky when I went through the next day.  Maybe I was hoping to remember where things were.  The Ivans really got the drop on me that run.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, for anyone interested in dirt cheap rifle rated targets and target stands Shooter's Element gave me a discount code for the event for everyone to use.  Even if you missed out you can still use it.

Put in Down1 and you'll get 10% off.  It's a great company with some awesome stuff.  All of the rifle targets you saw there were from them (from what I saw)

The site is ShootersElement.com.  Everything he has is rifle rated and it's a little thicker than standard AR 500 targets for more longevity but a butt load cheaper.

Also it was great meeting you all, I haven't that much post match fun in a long time.
View Quote

Disclaimer: I'm not associated...blah, blah, blah.

All of the steel on Copperhead Road and the wee targets on the main range were purchased from Shooter's Element in AZ. Taylor who owns the company was extremely helpful in getting me the targets I needed in time for the shoot. Great prices and customer service. Really good product as well. I used the Small Torsos in the jungle, approx. 9"x14". American made AR500 steel, cut with a high speed plasma table that retains hardness to the edge. These are currently 20% off at $39.99 each with an additional 10% off with Dustin's code. $5 flat rate shipping up to $80 purchase at which point shipping is free!

They even sent me a shooter and an RSO, Dustin.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Post more pics, guys.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Ten observations from  the 2015 Joker1 Arfcom shoot.
1)  I need get my big ass off the  rifle bench and shoot my pistols more than once a year.   My performance  was just awful....

2)
Hillbilly69 has a bad ass pickup truck, and he was also packing some
heavy artillery on the pistol obstacles.  I enjoyed talking to him.

3)  Duramax is a good sport, I busted his balls on several occasions and he took it like a champ.

4)   Remington dog was fantastic and I considered sneaking him in my truck as I was leaving.

5)  I had a chance to chat with kallnojoy for a bit and we have a lot in common.  He's a very cool guy.

6)  Westernhaikus1 was pretty cool too and his tactical ammo bag from target (or macys I cant remember) was bad ass.

7)
Unless I have a tick on my anus (inside joke for those who stayed long
enough to tap the keg), I do NOT want our range medic to work on me,
especially if he's packing a Gold Cup.

8)  John was a patient
and informative RSO.  I need to shoot a few thousand rounds with him
sanding  over my shoulder and I might be able to shoot a pistol in
public without humiliating myself.

9)  The money shot is not
.45 friendly,   After several mags though my gun with no luck I used
Jokers and hit it on the 5th shot.  Im going to finally drink the cool
aid and get a modern 9mm this week. The last 9mm I bought new was a P85.
  Watch for my advice thread in GD.  It should be a real shit show.

10)
Next year Im bringing name tags.  I had many other great conversations
with people and I cant remember who they were and I didnt catch their
screen names.
As usual, Joker hosted a great event.  I dont
know how he finds the time to help sick kids, abandoned dogs, new
shooters, host events like these numerous times each year and still work
and take care of his own health problems.  
Please accept my most sincere thanks for all your hard work.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

1)  I need get my big ass off the  rifle bench and shoot my pistols more than once a year.   My performance  was just awful....

2)  Hillbilly69 has a bad ass pickup truck, and he was also packing some heavy artillery on the pistol obstacles.  I enjoyed taking to him.
3)  Duramax is a good sport, I busted his balls on several occasions and he took it like a champ.
4)   Remington dog was fantastic and I considered sneaking him in my truck as I was leaving.
5)  I had a chance to chat with kallnojoy for a bit and we have a lot in common.  He's a very cool guy.
6)  Westernhaikus1 was pretty cool too and his tactical ammo bag from target (or macys I cant remember) was bad ass.
7)  Unless I have a tick on my anus (inside joke for those who stayed long enough to tap the keg), I do NOT want our range medic to work on me, especially if he's packing a Gold Cup.
8)  John was a patient and informative RSO.  I need to shoot a few thousand rounds with him sanding  over my shoulder and I might be able to shoot a pistol in public without humiliating myself.
9)  The money shot is not .45 friendly,   After several mags though my gun with no luck I used Jokers and hit it on the 5th shot.  Im going to finally drink the cool aid and get a modern 9mm this week. The last 9mm I bought new was a P85.   Watch for my advice thread in GD.  It should be a real shit show.
10)  Next year Im bringing name tags.  I had many other great conversations with people and I cant remember who they were and I didnt catch their screen names.

As usual, Joker hosted a great event.  I dont know how he finds the time to help sick kids, abandoned dogs, new shooters, host events like these numerous times each year and still work and take care of his own health problems.  

View Quote

You only think I took it well, you've actually been added to my list

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

2)  Hillbilly69 has a bad ass pickup truck, and he was also packing some heavy artillery on the pistol obstacles.  I enjoyed talking to him.

7)  Unless I have a tick on my anus (inside joke for those who stayed long enough to tap the keg), I do NOT want our range medic to work on me, especially if he's packing a Gold Cup.

8)  John was a patient and informative RSO.  I need to shoot a few thousand rounds with him sanding  over my shoulder and I might be able to shoot a pistol in public without humiliating myself.

9)  The money shot is not .45 friendly,   After several mags though my gun with no luck I used Jokers and hit it on the 5th shot.  Im going to finally drink the cool aid and get a modern 9mm this week. The last 9mm I bought new was a P85.   Watch for my advice thread in GD.  It should be a real shit show.

10)  Next year Im bringing name tags.  I had many other great conversations with people and I cant remember who they were and I didnt catch their screen names.

As usual, Joker hosted a great event.  I dont know how he finds the time to help sick kids, abandoned dogs, new shooters, host events like these numerous times each year and still work and take care of his own health problems.  

I'll add you to the list of people who have me on their lists.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2)  Hillbilly69 has a bad ass pickup truck, and he was also packing some heavy artillery on the pistol obstacles.  I enjoyed taking to him.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/masfonos999/WEB/Duramax_zpsofeupvu5.jpg
lol, this is the first thing that popped in my head when I read his post.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

1)  I need get my big ass off the  rifle bench and shoot my pistols more than once a year.   My performance  was just awful....But your ass is fine!

2)  Hillbilly69 has a bad ass pickup truck, and he was also packing some heavy artillery on the pistol obstacles.  I enjoyed taking to him. HB is a good dude and yes, I saw his truck and instantly commented ,"THAT is a truck!"
3)  Duramax is a good sport, I busted his balls on several occasions and he took it like a champ.No comment."Took it like a champ.
4)   Remington dog was fantastic and I considered sneaking him in my truck as I was leaving.Remington is a cool hound. He got a ton of socialization with the Joker pack. Remington is also one pork chop stealing son-of-a-bitch! He scored one Saturtday and another on sunday!
5)  I had a chance to chat with kallnojoy for a bit and we have a lot in common.  He's a very cool guy. Yeah, wish he could have supped and drank with us.
6)  Westernhaikus1 was pretty cool too and his tactical ammo bag from target (or macys I cant remember) was bad ass. Dammit! I missed that. You know I'm into fashion shooting accessories.
7)  Unless I have a tick on my anus (inside joke for those who stayed long enough to tap the keg), I do NOT want our range medic to work on me, especially if he's packing a Gold Cup. Good advice for anyone.
8)  John was a patient and informative RSO.  I need to shoot a few thousand rounds with him sanding  over my shoulder and I might be able to shoot a pistol in public without humiliating myself. Isn't John great? We received our training together (it's how we met) and competed together. We're pretty similar in our shooting style. Come back and I will guarantee to double your accuracy and speed in one day.
9)  The money shot is not .45 friendly,   After several mags though my gun with no luck I used Jokers and hit it on the 5th shot.  Im going to finally drink the cool aid and get a modern 9mm this week. The last 9mm I bought new was a P85.   Watch for my advice thread in GD.  It should be a real shit show. The large target is 22"tall and was at 123 yards. With a 25yd zero standard 45 ACP is hitting 15"-18" low at 100 yards. that extra 23 yards leads to twice that drop!!! About 34 inches. The 9mm drops ~ 11 inches at 100 and 19" at 125yds. Flat enough to make a difference.
10)  Next year Im bringing name tags.  I had many other great conversations with people and I cant remember who they were and I didnt catch their screen names. I have name tags. I'm just skeered to tell guys to wear them.

As usual, Joker hosted a great event.  I dont know how he finds the time to help sick kids, abandoned dogs, new shooters, host events like these numerous times each year and still work and take care of his own health problems.That's how.  

Please accept my most sincere thanks for all your hard work.It was truly a pleasure.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Running the jungle lane, it was done to have fun   and learn.

Along the way, people did make mistakes and were presented with the opportunity to try a missed situation again and to learn from those situations.

It was clear that people could see a snake 20 feet in front of them  BEFORE they moved through that part of the course.   However,  few to no one could see or remember any snake while identifying and engaging hostiles.

No one was perfect.   Dustin was fast and smooth.   While his fire was so well aimed that he made it on one mag,  he did not use any cover or concealment.    And, some hostiles were given only one round.    He had problems seeing the snakes.   "Booby traps"  (IEDs) ,   like snakes are hard to see but take out more people.   (I'll take the snakes any day.)  Remember, he is  good.   That course would eat everyone's lunch.

In case anyone did not recognize it, the situation was presented as a variant of a  "L" shaped ambush formed by two light infantry squads.    That was roughly 20 combatants.     To further compound the challenges,  the course was on the border line of near and far/distant ambushes.      A near ambush, you move through rapidly and get out of the kill zone rapidly.    A distant or far ambush,  you go around or fight through it.      There would have been a tremendous amount of incoming fire in this situation.    This was a real "meat grinder".    While you would need to use cover, if you did not move and move quickly, they would move in on you from multiple points.

This lane would have been a training challenge for a squad size element.

To me, it seemed everyone had a great attitude, tried hard, had fun,  and learned a bit.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Along the way, people did make mistakes and were presented with the opportunity to try a missed situation again and to learn from those situations.

It was clear that people could see a snake 20 feet in front of them  BEFORE they moved through that part of the course.   However,  few to no one could see or remember any snake while identifying and engaging hostiles.

No one was perfect.   Dustin was fast and smooth.   While his fire was so well aimed that he made it on one mag,  he did not use any cover or concealment.    And, some hostiles were given only one round.    He had problems seeing the snakes.   "Booby traps"  (IEDs) ,   like snakes are hard to see but take out more people.   (I'll take the snakes any day.)  Remember, he is  good.   That course would eat everyone's lunch.

In case anyone did not recognize it, the situation was presented as a variant of a  "L" shaped ambush formed by two light infantry squads.    That was roughly 20 combatants.     To further compound the challenges,  the course was on the border line of near and far/distant ambushes.      A near ambush, you move through rapidly and get out of the kill zone rapidly.    A distant or far ambush,  you go around or fight through it.      There would have been a tremendous amount of incoming fire in this situation.    This was a real "meat grinder".    While you would need to use cover, if you did not move and move quickly, they would move in on you from multiple points.

To me, it seemed everyone had a great attitude, tried hard, had fun,  and learned a bit.

View Quote

Yup, I suck and my neighborhood is dangerous.
When I ran the "Road" myself on Sunday I knew were the targets where. So to give myself a different look I tried to find the targets as early as possible. The first group 3 of the 4 could be engaged before the first snake and Ivan. All 4 in the second group could be engaged way before the marked tree. The final group could be reduced in number as you approached them by threading a few shots through the tress. The single best way to survive my Jungle is take Steve Earle's advice, "I learned a thing or two from ol' Charlie don't you know. You better stay away from Copperhead Road."
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7736/18346487915_c3118952a8_z.jpg
The shoot house

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7757/17726392783_176012a1be_z.jpg
Gas Station shoot off in the distance

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/523/18159324530_054d436528_z.jpg
Misc targets

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/304/18160300229_aa46672911_z.jpg
The group at the end of the day for the long range pistol shoot

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8862/18160296669_7180f959d3_z.jpg
View from the firing line of the long range pistol shoot

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/413/17723855364_d532e3bd18_z.jpg
Zoomed in to see the targets. Approx 100 yards to the targets.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7742/18342466152_c7ee59e966_z.jpg
I couldn't figure out how to post a video but here is a screen shot and use the link to view the video.
Not sure who was shooting but he hit the steel on the first shot.
It took me 26 shots with my Sig P938
https://flic.kr/p/tWRW9q

Thank you to Joker1 and everyone else who worked hard to put the event together. I look forward to attending in the future.
View Quote

That was me, I would say it was luck, I think it could have gone either way lol.  Can you email me that video?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm so sorry I missed this event.

Something came up and I was unable to get out of town.

I'm glad you all had a great time and look forward to the possibility of attending in the future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When I ran the "Road" myself on Sunday I knew were the targets where. So to give myself a different look I tried to find the targets as early as possible. The first group 3 of the 4 could be engaged before the first snake and Ivan. All 4 in the second group could be engaged way before the marked tree. The final group could be reduced in number as you approached them by threading a few shots through the tress. The single best way to survive my Jungle is take Steve Earle's advice, "I learned a thing or two from ol' Charlie don't you know. You better stay away from Copperhead Road."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed the crap out of the Jungle Lane.  I really liked everything about it.  Also in terms of training, as Mark pointed out you could see them a lot earlier than the positions if you looked, that means in an ambush scenario they might be firing at you before you can actually see them.  It was really good training for finding things as early as possible, hopefully before they see you.

And I was looking for snakes I just couldn't find them .  I guess that makes it worse.  The one on the fallen branch I was looking for it while it was over my head so I guess I just suck at that.  The first one scared the crap out of me though, I actually jumped back a bit lol  For some reason my daughter was unfazed.  I was really hoping she would freak out.  It's always good when your 10 year old girl makes you look like a pansy .
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, I think Copperhead Road is a keeper.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Videos and photos being posted now.

This is me running the ATM scenario - Dustin's daughter was working the targets for the first time and didn't realize how much force they required to move quickly so they ended up not moving a lot.

This is Dustin running the same ATM drill much faster and better than me

Here's a video of me running the Gas Station scenario with M&P and three magazines downloaded to 10 rounds. Everybody kept wondering why I kept downloading my magazines, but it's because I like to incorporate forced reloads into the drills for fun and for training.

My new business cards, courtesy of Joker1

Here's one of the RSO's working the rifle warm up stage

A partial length-wise view of the shoot house scenario

Worn out after Copperhead Road

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top