Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not rebar. It's a compressed tubular Tannerite. I thought that might hold up better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I received the steel targets for Copperhead Road. I painted them today and threw together a stand for it. I need to blast the hell out of it and make sure it holds up. My prowess with a welder is legendary.

Here's a peak of what you'll be looking for in the jungle. Good luck spotting these suckers at 100 yards!

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/DSCF4102.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/DSCF4101.jpg

I don't have to see the target - I'll manage to hit the rebar no matter where I aim.  

It's not rebar. It's a compressed tubular Tannerite. I thought that might hold up better.

You sir are a genius!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got an IM from Ivan. It seems like he and his 4 brothers Ivan, Ivan, Ivan and Ivan will be joining us. There could be up to 21 hostiles on your stroll through the woods. My neighborhood sucks!

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well, I received the steel targets for Copperhead Road. I painted them today and threw together a stand for it. I need to blast the hell out of it and make sure it holds up. My prowess with a welder is legendary.

Here's a peak of what you'll be looking for in the jungle. Good luck spotting these suckers at 100 yards!

View Quote
I have to squint to see what channel the TV is on now and its 60 inches across. Im going to need a spotter.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have to squint to see what channel the TV is on now and its 60 inches across. Im going to need a spotter.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny you should mention that. I've thought of sending pairs through this. A shooter and an unarmed spotter. I'll paint eyes on them as well. That really helps them stand out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Funny you should mention that. I've thought of sending pairs through this. A shooter and an unarmed spotter. I'll paint eyes on them as well. That really helps them stand out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send me though with one of those pups of yours.   They can point out bad guys right?

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Send me though with one of those pups of yours.   They can point out bad guys right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're down here on the work day you'll know where some of those targets are. But not all of them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you're down here on the work day you'll know where some of those targets are. But not all of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

looking forward to it

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Hillbilly, it was nice to finally meet you! Thanks for the valve springs. The small ones fit perfectly as I had pictured them. The proof is in the shooting however. Here's what they look like along with the plate rack that I carried out of the basement last night. The dogs thought they did something wrong I was cussing so much! The MoFo ain't light.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice work. That stand looks great. It looks way better than my bent rebar with washers welded on them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Joker, I would love to attend the shoot.

It looks like you have put a lot of work into this and I would like to thank your gregariousness by offering to help in any way that I can.

I am in Lexington (about to finish grad school) and so I would be more than happy to show up for the work day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Joker, I would love to attend the shoot.

It looks like you have put a lot of work into this and I would like to thank your gregariousness by offering to help in any way that I can.

I am in Lexington (about to finish grad school) and so I would be more than happy to show up for the work day.
View Quote

You're on the list!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Memorial target for Aaron?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I wanted to do or say something. Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Joker, you can go ahead and put me down with at least a +1. I will be bringing SOMEONE with me. Either my experienced shooter friend, the girlfriend, or the girlfriend's father who's a big gun guy and ex LEO. All three of these people have shown interest when I've mentioned it to them but I will nail it down closer to the actual date.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Are we still planning on Saturday despite the weather forecast?

If we do go Saturday is it cool if I bring a buddy?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, 90% on Sat.
We'll play it by ear.
Friend is fine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh, 90% on Sat.
We'll play it by ear.
Friend is fine.
View Quote

Sounds good, just let me know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Today I made a little roller fairlead for the plate rack. Redirecting the rope upwards at about 30 degrees cut the effort in half to reset the plates.

Meanwhile David the dog looks out over the valley wondering, "Who will make the "Money Shot"? Who will feast and who will get a pepperoni Hot Pocket?"

Good night, all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
OP rewritten. IMs sent.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP rewritten. IMs sent.
View Quote

To people on the list?  My inbox is close to 300% full after team expired, so I wouldn't have got it..  What's it say?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To people on the list?  My inbox is close to 300% full after team expired, so I wouldn't have got it..  What's it say?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP rewritten. IMs sent.

I sent things by IM that can't be posted here. Wondrous things. Marvelous things. Incredible things.

Check your email.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I sent things by IM that can't be posted here. Wondrous things. Marvelous things. Incredible things.

Check your email.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP rewritten. IMs sent.

Check your email.

lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd highly recommend bringing some 9mm 147g SS and some clean burning 230g .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I just ordered some. I can't wait to play.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I think they're beautiful.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Joker, I just got my fresh order in from Underwood so you can get thoroughly acquainted with the world's most expensive G20.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm looking forward to it. I've been thinking of getting one. I'd like to try it but don't think I can afford your particular model.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm counting down the days. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Same - I'm really looking forward to this and meeting some local ARFcommers in real life. Am I gonna get made fun of if I wear a plate carrier during some scenarios? I'm one of those guys
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Same - I'm really looking forward to this and meeting some local ARFcommers in real life. Am I gonna get made fun of if I wear a plate carrier during some scenarios? I'm one of those guys
View Quote

I'll make fun of you no matter what so wear what you want.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't gotten to play in mine in a while.  I'm considering it just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm bringing mine, because I've never gotten to run it in anything like this. It should protect me from mockery as well as bullets. Right?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I haven't gotten to play in mine in a while.  I'm considering it just for shits and giggles.
View Quote
If I had a nickle for ever time...  Nevermind

I'm looking forward to it as well.  Hopefully there are other people coming that aren't too experienced with dynamic shooting scenarios so I'm not completely at the low end of things

From the list, I'm sure I'll recognize some of you by some combination of screen name, real name, or just by face.  Fair warning - if I can't dredge up your name, I'm not being a dick, I'm just bad with names.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to it as well.  Hopefully there are other people coming that aren't too experienced with dynamic shooting scenarios so I'm not completely at the low end of things

From the list, I'm sure I'll recognize some of you by some combination of screen name, real name, or just by face.  Fair warning - if I can't dredge up your name, I'm not being a dick, I'm just bad with names.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be at the bottom of the barrel, so no worries there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I've met you and all I can remember is a sqaure burger w/ corn disgrace.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to it as well. Hopefully there are other people coming that aren't too experienced with dynamic shooting scenarios so I'm not completely at the low end of things

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to it as well. Hopefully there are other people coming that aren't too experienced with dynamic shooting scenarios so I'm not completely at the low end of things

The whole point of this thing (next to meeting with like minded people, fun, food, etc.) is you get to do something you can't in most places. SPEED is encouraged at the steel challenges and a couple of the scenarios. In other scenarios speed is discouraged, A more deliberate pace is needed. You are only shooting for your experience. Everyone from professional 3 gunners to "Hey, I have a gun" are expected. Relax, enjoy, learn.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm terrible with names as well. I was technically legally blind till 4th grade. My facial recognition software wasn't programmed correctly. I often have to recognize people by posture, body type, hairstyles etc.

Forgive me but name tags may be involved.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#39]
#burgershaming

LINK
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't worry. I'll be doing the cooking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm actually a really good cook. There was way more to that meal. After people got so worked up over the first couple teener burger threads, I wanted to keep the blood pressure high
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Joker1 - you mentioned .22lr conversions would be ok, but will it be a pain to adjust the targets for it?  

I don't want to cause extra work just to save on ammo, since I have a 9mm conversion I could also run.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm actually a really good cook. There was way more to that meal. After people got so worked up over the first couple teener burger threads, I wanted to keep the blood pressure high
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Joker1 - you mentioned .22lr conversions would be ok, but will it be a pain to adjust the targets for it?  

I don't want to cause extra work just to save on ammo, since I have a 9mm conversion I could also run.
View Quote

Actually, the way it's set up now there are rifle stages which are on paper or the jungle with non-reactive steel. 22lr will poke holes in paper or clang, so you're good on those.
The stages with reactive steel is designed for pistol. A reasonable CCW round will work on those.
Dueling tree, too heavy for 22 lr. Pistol cal only
Plate rack with 22 conversion, maybe. Either mx hits to drop a plate or we can just lean her back a bit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, Im the lowest speed, highest drag operator on the planet.  You'll be in good company.    I go out of my way to be "untactical".  Last year I shot Jokers course with a 1911 just because its my absolute favorite handgun and I dont mind loading mags.  I think I burned though 750 rounds and I've got at least that much loaded for this year.  Im going to miss all that brass.  

I guess my point is, dont worry about that stuff.  Im mainly going to hang out with other gun guys and play with jokers dogs after the guns get put away.  This is a seriously low stress affair.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The whole point of this thing (next to meeting with like minded people, fun, food, etc.) is you get to do something you can't in most places. SPEED is encouraged at the steel challenges and a couple of the scenarios. In other scenarios speed is discouraged, A more deliberate pace is needed. You are only shooting for your experience. Everyone from professional 3 gunners to "Hey, I have a gun" are expected. Relax, enjoy, learn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been shooting matches non stop, I'm looking forward to relaxing and shooting for the fun of it. It's like a vacation with bullets lol.  

Is there an age limit?  My 10 year old (almost 11) has been bugging me to shoot a match but I don't think she's ready for that yet.  This might be a good environment to let her feel it out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#47]
If she's safe she can show us how it's done.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]
This morning's visitor at the basement door. This was a very healthy rat snake. ~5 - 5 1/2 foot, well fed and fresh shed shiny. For scale the trim is 2 1/2 inches.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#50]
May have already been posted but what time do the festivities start?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top