common courtesy to clean off your headlights, and or
taillights, a pox upon you.

For those of you that do not clean the white detritus from
your vehicles roofs and hoods, may there be a special place
in California for you!

How is everyone doing?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it is a big deal.    It is wild to watch.   I am a jerk and very detail oriented.   I always clean my stuff up.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I clean off my whole vehicle now, but back when I was in Indiana I'd scrape a little hole to see out of and off I went!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I clean off my whole vehicle now, but back when I was in Indiana I'd scrape a little hole to see out of and off I went!
View Quote

Pretty much what I do, but I live on a 2 mile stretch of road and there's no one else on it when I'm leaving work, it all blows off before I hit the first intersection.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I was in Buffalo that's what most of the drivers there did too.  My family joke was that you could tell we weren't from that part of NY cos we actually cleaned the snow off, vs carting a foot of it around on the roof of our cars.

Plus, I've always found that... yes the snow does blow off, but usually it lands on the windshield and back window...  So yeah, I clean it off completely - hood, roof, trunk, and headlights.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When I was in Buffalo that's what most of the drivers there did too.  My family joke was that you could tell we weren't from that part of NY cos we actually cleaned the snow off, vs carting a foot of it around on the roof of our cars.

Plus, I've always found that... yes the snow does blow off, but usually it lands on the windshield and back window...  So yeah, I clean it off completely - hood, roof, trunk, and headlights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 here. Born a bit south of Buffalo, grew up in northern Ohio. Its what you do. Even if you aren't the type to give a damn about other people clearing your lights and windows and at least part of your roof makes it easier FOR YOU to see and drive!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top