Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2015 8:56:46 PM EDT
Anyone know if there is one? If not, would anyone be open to forming one?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Lol

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#2]
This is why I still check the HTF. That, and seeing if the Merovinchian will ever try and sneak back in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is why I still check the HTF. That, and seeing if the Merovinchian will ever try and sneak back in.
View Quote

I feel like I'm missing something
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1717140_the_military_serve_their_country__the_militia_serve_their_countrymen_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1717572_The_perfect_militia.html

Militias aren't held in highest regard here on ARFCOM.  Not that the concept is necessarily bad it's just that most groups that identify themselves as militia nowadays have a pretty high herp derp factor.  Think 400 lb dudes wearing mis matching camo carrying Tapco'd SKS's while calling each other Sergeant Major and Colonel running around in the woods before hitting up the buffet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be interested in one, provided you can get it sanctioned by the Commonwealth along with some funding and actual training and standards. I'm not gonna go listen to some 88er preach about white supremacy while his cousin/sister/wife cooks meth.

By funding I mean funding training, I'll happily supply my own gear.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Theres a really good one near you. Call 1-800-464-8273
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Theres a really good one near you. Call 1-800-464-8273
View Quote

Idk man, I've heard of that outfit. You sure they're legit?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in one, provided you can get it sanctioned by the Commonwealth along with some funding and actual training and standards. I'm not gonna go listen to some 88er preach about white supremacy while his cousin/sister/wife cooks meth.

View Quote

That is along the lines of what I want to do, the would be no white supremacy/racisim. It would be open to anyone who is willing to join. with a strict no drug policy. The hard part would be to get sanctioned by the commonwealth, and the funding, I have no idea how to go about that, but I will look into it. The actual training and standards I agree are very important, there should be fitness standards, Cause don't want a militia full of the 400lb keyboard ninjas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is along the lines of what I want to do, the would be no white supremacy/racisim. It would be open to anyone who is willing to join. with a strict no drug policy. The hard part would be to get sanctioned by the commonwealth, and the funding, I have no idea how to go about that, but I will look into it. The actual training and standards I agree are very important, there should be fitness standards, Cause don't want a militia full of the 400lb keyboard ninjas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state .gov is going to say they already have what they need in the form of the National Guard. It's not likely.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not holding my breath on the funding. I would like to do this, but it's probably not very feasable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
..just a tad south of y'all:

South Eastern Constitutional Militia
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The state .gov is going to say they already have what they need in the form of the National Guard. It's not likely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Commonwealth already has a bad tatste in it's mouth from the last Ky Militia and all the arrests/indictments/convictions that went with it. Plus, "militia" is currently synonomous with "terrorist" thanks to the media and the idiots that gave them the news story ammo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#13]

From their photo page.  Patriot there with the SKS is rocking a sweet dual knee rig setup.

If any group identifying themselves as "militia" wants any shred of credibility the first thing they have to do is lose the camo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

From their photo page.  Patriot there with the SKS is rocking a sweet dual knee rig setup.

https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/459510_346437112095988_1689057016_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

If any group identifying themselves as "militia" wants any shred of credibility the first thing they have to do is lose the camo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/459510_346437112095988_1689057016_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

And about 100lbs. And shitty combloc weapons. And the title militia.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that a silicone breast he's holding?

Militias are a relic of the past. To stand a chance at credibility with the public at large they'd have to get rid of their guns and call themselves "The Volunteer Fire Department". A Militia that stood a chance at credibility with the firearms community would have the operational capability to make it a private security force, or a group capable of rescuing Seal Platoons from danger in high risk ops. At that point it becomes something more than a militia.

I'm all for training and organization but the CMP  and the NRA fills those needs as well as any organization could expect to - which is a shame given how inconsequential one is and how disorganized the other is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Find a good unit of oathkeepers
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
A militia ugh, let me dust off my white hood and get my grow lamps out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like how Texas/Ohio/most states with one run their State Defense Forces or whatever they call them?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like how Texas/Ohio/most states with one run their State Defense Forces or whatever they call them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically, that was what I had in mind. But I don't see Kentucky doing it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Tennessee has a state guard. I've seen their building in Clarksville. Volunteer force to assist in times of disaster etc. from what I've seen. http://www.tnmilitary.org/tennessee-state-guard.html

When I was living in New York State, I served a year in the National Guard before going active duty. There was a NYS guard then that had an office in the back of our national guard armory. They also had a display set up every year at the state fair. They too were a volunteer force that would help in times of disaster and such. Kind of a reserve for the reserves. Mostly older retired military guys from what I remember. http://dmna.ny.gov/nyg/

Is this the sort of thing you are talking about in KY?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top