Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Community forum on burglaries in Okolona: http://www.wdrb.com/story/30466950/okolona-residents-fed-up-with-break-ins-and-thefts

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Louisville/comments/3s5r64/okolona_residents_holding_a_community_meeting/

Not my AO but damn I need to get on it and get a security system for when I'm not home.

Edit: made hot and woo page 9.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
LOUISVILLE, Ky. —A man was shot and killed Tuesday night in a Louisville Taco Bell parking lot, police said.

The shooting in 10700 block of Dixie Highway was reported around 7:30 p.m. Police roped off the restaurant and were questioning witnesses who were in and around the building at the time of the shooting.

There was no word on whether anyone was arrested. The victim was in his 40s, but his name was not released.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Latest from LMPD 6th div [PDF] - http://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/KYLOUISVILLE/2015/11/10/file_attachments/446620/6th%2BDivision%2BNeighborhood%2Breport%2B42.pdf

Lock up your shit and stop leaving your wallet in the car people.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Coroner says man slain at Preston Highway Red Roof Inn

The coroner says a man found dead at a Louisville motel was killed.
The body of Thomas J. Grismer, 28, was found around 3:30 a.m. Friday at the Red Roof Inn on Preston Highway.

From another article:  Deputy Coroner Jack Arnold says the death was a homicide, and that the cause of death was asphyxia by neck compression.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
And another one bites the dust.

Dead guy outside on the sidewalk in front of projects.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A man is dead after a Saturday night shooting in the Algonquin neighborhood.

LMPD officers were called to the 1500 block of South 12th Street just after 9 p.m. Saturday night on the report of a shooting.

Officers arrived to find a black male on the sidewalk in front of the Parkway Place housing complex that had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess Louisville Metro is trying for 100 this year. Anybody know what the record is?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
No idea what the high score is.

Non life threatening, shot in legs:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. —Two people were shot during an apparent carjacking Sunday afternoon in Old Louisville.
Police said the shooting happened in the 1300 block of S. Floyd Street at about 4:15 p.m.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A man is dead after a Saturday night shooting in the Algonquin neighborhood.

LMPD officers were called to the 1500 block of South 12th Street just after 9 p.m. Saturday night on the report of a shooting.

Officers arrived to find a black male on the sidewalk in front of the Parkway Place housing complex that had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Yeah, 12 th. and Hill. Nice place.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My impression is that it is not very nice.    It is not a traditional residential area.   It is a typical inner city housing complex.   To me, it is less than an appealing place.    There are many old houses in Louisville.   Some are rather quaint.   That area is not like that.    

Please understand, these are just my first hand impressions having casually driven through the area a few times every few months.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
The wife and I ordered Papa John's last night.

Our regular driver told us that a fellow driver had been shot and killed at 7th and crackhouse, that same night.

Can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My impression is that it is not very nice.    It is not a traditional residential area.   It is a typical inner city housing complex.   To me, it is less than an appealing place.    There are many old houses in Louisville.   Some are rather quaint.   That area is not like that.    

Please understand, these are just my first hand impressions having casually driven through the area a few times every few months.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My post was meant as sarcasm. I am very familiar with the 12th and Hill neighborhood. There is nothing good about it. I have heard that no business will make deliveries there.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top