Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly do not understand why good people don't shoot bad people.   Rarely do you ever hear about it.  

This situation involved  a family.    What kind of spineless man goes without a gun when with his family?    I mean some people do not care about their own lives.   But, this involved his wife and child.     I can't imagine going into a situation without a gun or two, especially if family are with me.  

'Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.'

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Its been kept under the rug, but last Sunday an LMPD officer was found dead of an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound inside an LMPD division HQ.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody got an idea what the body count is for 2015 to date?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

840AM just said that today's was the 60th homicide.  In mid-august, they were saying 52 criminal homicides.  There were 55 total last year according to the same source.

Police say they are on the scene of a fatal shooting.

The shooting took place at approximately 12:15 p.m. Monday, on Marret Avenue, near S. Preston Street, according to Louisville Metro Police spokesman Dwight Mitchell.

Mitchell said one black male was found dead outside in between the buildings.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Ring up another one.

Police investigating shooting at Louisville club
Male shot at Club Cedar on South 26th Street, police say

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —A male was shot and killed Tuesday night at a club in Louisville, police said.
The victim was shot in the neck around 9 p.m. at Club Cedar on South 26th Street, police said.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
And another...

Homicide investigation underway after body found in alley
Louisville police are investigating after discovering a man’s body in an alleyway Sunday morning.
The body was found behind a home near 19th and West Jefferson streets about 9 am
Police have no suspects.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And another...

Homicide investigation underway after body found in alley
Louisville police are investigating after discovering a man’s body in an alleyway Sunday morning.
The body was found behind a home near 19th and West Jefferson streets about 9 am
Police have no suspects.
View Quote

Wild.    There are some very pretty homes around there, particularly on Cedar and also Muhammed Ali around 19th, only a block away.    

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Tack on one more...

Police investigating a deadly shooting in Shively

According to Metro Safe, Shively police are at the scene of a deadly shooting in the 3100 block of Dixie Highway.
Authorities were notified about the shooting at 8:48 p.m.
A man, believed to be in his early 20's was found dead in a grassy area near a liquor store.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
How about another...   busy weekend

Man found dead outside SUV after shooting

A man was found dead outside an SUV after a shooting at 20th and Chestnut streets.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. Sunday.
A neighbor told WLKY she heard five or six gunshots.
The victim has not been identified.
Police do not have any suspects at this time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Supposedly, over the weekend, there was an 18 yr old male found dead...   following an "exchange" of gunfire.

It didn't know KY offered CDWL to 18yr olds.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about another...   busy weekend

Man found dead outside SUV after shooting

A man was found dead outside an SUV after a shooting at 20th and Chestnut streets.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. Sunday.
A neighbor told WLKY she heard five or six gunshots.
The victim has not been identified.
Police do not have any suspects at this time.
View Quote

Same area as  the 19th and Jefferson shooting.   Very pretty,  suburban looking homes there.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tack on one more...

Police investigating a deadly shooting in Shively

According to Metro Safe, Shively police are at the scene of a deadly shooting in the 3100 block of Dixie Highway.
Authorities were notified about the shooting at 8:48 p.m.
A man, believed to be in his early 20's was found dead in a grassy area near a liquor store.
View Quote

Wow.   Check out that crowd.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Wonder if there is a or if it can be mapped with a tool showing the shootings and killings?

The general crime map doesn't see too point that out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wonder if there is a or if it can be mapped with a tool showing the shootings and killings?

View Quote

It's supposed to show everything.  You can pick which crime types, dates, etc.  I found it woefully inaccurate last time I used it, so I gave up on it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Supposedly, over the weekend, there was an 18 yr old male found dead...   following an "exchange" of gunfire.

It didn't know KY offered CDWL to 18yr olds.

View Quote

Must have been open carrying. I'm sure they would have taken care to not break any laws.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's supposed to show everything.  You can pick which crime types, dates, etc.  I found it woefully inaccurate last time I used it, so I gave up on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like how Lexington purposely keeps things out of it. According to LexPD there hasn't been a single murder, attempted murder, or death investigation ever.
Bad enough I've noticed a trend where Officer's don't even want to report things and when they do it's only a sentence long narrative.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#17]
http://www.wave3.com/story/30271757/911-calls-police-interviews-released-in-case-of-gun-shop-owner-charged-with-murder

A little more info on the gun shop owner who interjected himself into a fight between two brothers.  Perfect example of why you carry to protect yourself and your family.  It is never a good idea to get in the middle of a situation between two other people.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://www.wave3.com/story/30271757/911-calls-police-interviews-released-in-case-of-gun-shop-owner-charged-with-murder

A little more info on the gun shop owner who interjected himself into a fight between two brothers.  Perfect example of why you carry to protect yourself and your family.  It is never a good idea to get in the middle of a situation between two other people.
View Quote

Unbelievable. I was worried about someone getting hurt,” Albright said. So he killed one man and wounded another. Well, he certainly helped the situation. I am afraid this man is looking at a lot of time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Ridiculous that if a Police Officer had done it, it would have been over in July as justified for the same reason that two people fighting over a gun in proximity is a deadly threat to EVERYONE around them and becomes a personal threat when the gun is pointed at you.
Even putting the 'victims' in the best light and the shooter in the worst, there's no way he'll get convicted on a murder charge.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ridiculous that if a Police Officer had done it, it would have been over in July as justified for the same reason that two people fighting over a gun in proximity is a deadly threat to EVERYONE around them and becomes a personal threat when the gun is pointed at you.
Even putting the 'victims' in the best light and the shooter in the worst, there's no way he'll get convicted on a murder charge.

View Quote

Lets see? He decide to leave the safety of his store and intervened in a fight between two strangers, finds cover around a corner, from where he could have escaped any threat, and now claims self defense and says he shot two people to eliminate a threat. Two people pointed the same gun at him??? There are several possible charges other than murder. They can have very serious penalties. IMO he is guilty of stupidity in the first degree and many other things. There will of course be plea bargains and a trial and after he spends thousands of dollars on legal fees he may only get 10 years on a lesser charge. He could have just stayed where he was and minded his own business. The dead man would likely still be alive, the wounded man would likely not be wounded, the attorney would not have a client, he would have no need of an attorney and his bank account would be quite a bit larger. I doubt this guy will generate much sympathy with the judge. I wouldn't want to go into court with that story.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Did this at least happen on his own property?
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]
A double homicide in the Portland neighborhood this/Friday morning edges Louisville homicide count closer to 70 for the year.

LMPD officers were called to a home in the 2800 block of Northwestern Parkway on the report of a shooting to find three people shot. Officers say two of those people died at the scene and a third was taken to University Hospital with what were described as non-life threatening injuries.

Spokesman Dwight Mitchell says they have leads on a possible suspect but declined to release a description.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It didn't explicitly say in the article but I highly doubt it.  He shot the men in the adjacent parking lot of his business.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It didn't explicitly say in the article but I highly doubt it.  He shot the men in the adjacent parking lot of his business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.  That is bad.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Animals.

I think most people know what the biggest problem in our city really is.    But, no one ever talks about it.   It will only get worse as the generations go on .

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#26]
What do you think the biggest problem in the city is?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Free Shit Army would be my guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: What do you think the biggest problem in the city is?

The Free Shit Army would be my guess.

I think the biggest problem is parenting, or the complete lack thereof.    I sometimes ask cops in the western part of Louisville if the biggest problem is drugs, guns, education, or what.    They usually say things like the heroin problem is just a symptom of the parenting problems.

The people are raised with no discipline, accountability,  decent role models, nor ideas of "normalcy".

Minors run loose with no supervision.    We are not talking about children with 22s out in the farm fields here.    Minors are not taught how to behave with firm direction.    Minors do not have a joint father and mother.    In mainstream families, even those experiencing divorce, parents work together to raise their children.   Sometimes, in mainstream families, there are step children.     There are no step children in these families as there are often no clearly defined fathers.  Those that are successful usually have clearly defined limits, structure, and expectations.    Such is not found in these households.

In problem areas, minors act in very irresponsible ways.   They often do not understand how good, decent people should act.   The adults in the households often have section 8 housing, various forms of public assistance, HEAP, and use various charities from corporations, churches, and individuals.       None of the people in the household speak proper English nor use proper grammar.   There is no form of professional and educational guidance in the households.    Crime among parents and peers is often rampant.    The reliance upon drugs and alcohol is heavy.                          

The minors never have a clue what honesty, ingenuity, accountability, and honor means at an individual nor societal level.    The males never learn what a man is nor how a man acts.    Their ideas of role models come from entertainers such as, actors, singers,  and grown people who play children's games for a living as opposed to engineers, attorneys, doctors, nurses, actuaries, military professionals,  researchers, and scientist.     The minors never learn to establish realistic, obtainable, and positive goals nor put a productive plan into action that benefits others.

The minors grow up to be criminals, hookers, druggies, and uneducated losers who crank out kids they have no clue how to raise.  The cycle gets progressively worse with each subsequent litter through the generations, each devolving further than the previous.

The solutions are  obvious.   We as a society have to break the cycle.   We enable this behavior.    We have to stop all programs that focus on quantity of offspring.   We have to stop adopting similar icons in our mainstream society as the thug culture.    We have to start recognizing the producers in society.   We need to reintroduce the concept of "shame" and honor.    However, I do not think any of this will happen.   I think our society is oscillating in the porcelain fixture creating a vortex.    

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:        
The cycle gets progressively worse with each litter through the generations.

The solutions are  obvious.   We as a society have to break the cycle.   We enable this behavior.    We have to stop all programs that focus on quantity of offspring.   We have to stop adopting similar icons in our mainstream society as the thug culture.    We have to start recognizing the producers in society.   We need to reintroduce the concept of "shame" and honor.    However, I do not think any of this will happen.   I think our society is oscillating in the porcelain fixture creating a vortex.  
View Quote

Unsupervised feral rugrats turn into feral teens turn into prison fodder.  Between generational welfare, no need to get a real job, general lack of direction, and no role models other than their gang banger junkie buddies, what else can they do other than end up the exact same way and be the role models for the next generation?

It won't get better with a field of POTUS candidates that spent the last debate trying to out-"I'll give you free shit" the other candidates.  They'll tweet out a "candidate x will give you free shit" tweets up to the election then a "here's a free bus to the polls, vote for your favorite candidate" tweet.  Guess who that will be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]
http://www.wave3.com/story/30320032/group-challenges-kfc-yum-center-gun-ban

Article about concealed carry in the Yum Center
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Three people are in dead after two separate Louisville shootings.

The first shooting was reported just before 12:30 Saturday morning in the 800 block of Evelyn where officers found a black male dead in the street and a second victim who was taken to University Hospital where he died several hours later.

The second shooting came in just after 9:00 a.m. in the 4300 block of Lynnview Drive where officers found a black male in his 40's dead in the parking lot of an apartment complex.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#33]
 Man shot and killed at 26th and Main

A man was shot and killed at 26th and Main St. just outside of the downtown business area during the afternoon rush hour on Friday.    A cop driving through the residential area found the man.

Wow.   Talk about brazen.

EDIT  :   Link corrected

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#34]
It amazes me how many times the cops have found shooting victims randomly lying in the street.  Hopefully the winter will keep some of these idiots indoors.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hopefully the winter will keep some of these idiots indoors.
View Quote

There was talk like this on p1.  

Then all of a sudden, we had 20+ bodies cooling by the end of February.  Weren't Jan. and Feb. bad weather?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know what to say.

I don't know who the idiots are.

I do not know if the man killed was involved in any crime.  

I hope we consider the idiots to be the criminals, whatever their crimes and/or involvement.

I know many of the cops in the Portland area are amazingly accepting of people carrying guns with a CDWL.

26th street is a busy street.    Yes, there are low income people on that street.   At the same time, that intersection has never seemed bad.   Main just does not have the on going bad activity.    Yet, there have been killings right off main.    On the other hand, Market St from about 7th-9th  through well past 36th-39th is incredibly shady.    Things go down the crapper rapidly once  one  goes south of Market, for whatever reason.  

There is a mini-mart around 28th with a drive thru liquor store across 28th.   That is a central hang out for trash in the area.   That much I do know.

There are some good people in the Portland area.   There are a lot of lazy low lifes too.    

I can't explain any of this.   Some of this stuff that seems to be outside of drug dealing is beyond explanation to me.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I work on Market and 9th, I know exactly what you're talking about.  You nailed it.  There are no easy answers.  Simply getting tough on crime or dumping money into the area isn't going to fix it, it is going to take a lot more than that and it won't be quick.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

snip......

I know many of the cops in Portland area are amazingly accepting of people carrying guns with a CDWL.

...snip
View Quote

What do you mean? If people are carrying concealed, how do the cops even know about it?  What "amazes" you about it?  How can they be anything except "accepting"of it?   What would happen if they wouldn't "accept" it?  Do you know of some area where the cops don't "accept" carrying with a state issued CCDW license and what happens to make you think that they don't "accept" it in those areas? It is like saying that the cops are  "amazingly accepting" of people driving cars with a drivers license. Are they "amazingly accepting" of open carry without a license?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What do you mean? If people are carrying concealed, how do the cops even know about it?  What "amazes" you about it?  How can they be anything except "accepting"of it?   What would happen if they wouldn't "accept" it?  Do you know of some area where the cops don't "accept" carrying with a state issued CCDW license and what happens to make you think that they don't "accept" it in those areas? It is like saying that the cops are  "amazingly accepting" of people driving cars with a drivers license. Are they "amazingly accepting" of open carry without a license?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip......

I know many of the cops in Portland area are amazingly accepting of people carrying guns with a CDWL.

...snip

I will attempt to let the matter go as politely as possible.

If I thought those questions were genuine and not antagonistic, I would go into the matter.   However, the post seems disingenuous to me.   Accordingly,  I will not delve into the matter with you.    

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If I thought those questions were genuine and not antagonistic, I would go into the matter.   However, the post seems disingenuous to me.   Accordingly,  I will not delve into the matter with you.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip......

...snip

My questions were 100% genuine. Sorry, that they upset you so much. I was just trying to gain some information from you. I thought that there might be some issues there that I might want to look into. Chill out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Upset?    I don't know.   Tried of the constant interjection of BS ?    Yes; it is boorish.

Of all the responses I imagined, that is the number one which came to mind.    I understand the game going on here.    8 tightly packed questions from one simple sentence?     I might expect that during an interrogation,  but not  here ... normally.     It is more than clear who needs to "chill".

Obviously, to say we do not trust each other would be putting it mildly.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Alright, who's ready for a cage match between RacyCarr and softpoint???

I'll make the popcorn.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Upset?    I don't know.   Tried of the constant interjection of BS ?    Yes; it is boorish.

Of all the responses I imagined, that is the number one which came to mind.    I understand the game going on here.    8 tightly packed questions from one simple sentence?     I might expect that during an interrogation,  but not  here ... normally.     It is more than clear who needs to "chill".

Obviously, to say we do not trust each other would be putting it mildly.

View Quote

SMH
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#44]
hey, man, nice shot

Interesting names.  Must be French.

Keiodre Smith, Khalid Raheem and Dante Beausejour are facing assault and wanton endangerment charges. Police said they fired approximately 25 five shots from a vehicle.

The victim was wounded in the abdomen.

Police said several bullets also went into a house and into a child's bedroom.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Seriously?   How stupid are these people?   I know many are pure evil.   But, do they not know there are cameras everywhere?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
hey, man, nice shot

View All Quotes
Quoted:
hey, man, nice shot

Keiodre Smith, Khalid Raheem and Dante Beausejour are facing assault and wanton endangerment charges. Police said they fired approximately 25 five shots from a vehicle.

The victim was wounded in the abdomen.

Police said several bullets also went into a house and into a child's bedroom.

Maybe they were just shooting down snooping drones.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone plugged an intruder during a home invasion this AM off of Taylor Blvd.

Zero fucks given.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Seriously?   How stupid are these people?   I know many are pure evil.   But, do they not know there are cameras everywhere?
View Quote

Cameras, hell. Don't they know there are guns everywhere?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:39:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I have thought many times.    However, I have come to question that.    I simply do not hear enough about self defense shootings, especially around Metro Louisville.  

I was in shock hoodlums were not shot during their time of terror in the spring of last year.    They beat people.   They pulled people out of cars.   I was shocked how that could be accepted.    That caused me to start questioning if people really do carry.     I rarely do not have a gun either on me or next to me.    Yet, there are times when I am working, such as on vehicles.   Then, I take a lot off, including watches,  phones, and so on.   There are a few other times I  may not have a gun on me, but it is rare.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Just like any other weak bottom feeder, they target the easy prey.  The low hanging fruit.  Beating a grandfather on the bridge?  Yanking a woman out of her car at a red light?  Not to paint with too a broad brush, but a lot of old guys couldn't take on one of these "teens" and a lot of women are screwing around with other stuff at the red light/gas pump/etc instead of paying attention to the world around them.

The criminals are dullards, but they are not so stupid or inexperienced in their activities that they can't calculate who is the weak prey and who to let walk by.   Who's carrying a gun and paying attention vs who's got their face stuck in a phone as they stumble home from the bar.  They also know which of their fellow scumbags have guns and what they are.  I guess they just can't help but to run their mouths and show off their gat.  Rest assured they keep tabs on whether or not the cops are around.

On the other hand, some are brazen or stupid enough that they just DGAF.  Shoot someone on a TARC bus?  No problem.  Everyone has their phones out?  Sweet, whirlrrrllstaaar here I come.  Spot a rival on the street in broad daylight?  Buk, buk, buk, buk.

There have been a few self defense stories in the area, but not a lot.  There are a lot of people in the area that carry, but the culture isn't like it is in some places where odds are that you'll run into someone armed in a night of hold-ups.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top