Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:20 PM EDT
Anyone have any recommendations for something somewhat close? Never been to one, would like to do a couple.

I found this at Shooter's Supply's website, but I can't find any more info on it and would like to make sure it's not a waste of money. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it. I'd like to keep it within a half hour drive of the Florence area if possible.

Shooter's Supply Independence
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used Joe but have heard good things.
http://www.defensivehandguntraining.com/

I went to TDI over in Ohio for their rifle courses.

I've never heard of anyone who took the Shooters classes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Ready Line in Newtown (East side of Cincy) is about a half hour away, they've got basic handgun, combat handgun, and force on force classes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I'll look into those.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've taken two classes from Joe Kalil and highly recommend him. His classes are thorough. He's also one heckuva nice guy. Reasonably priced. I need to get in on another with him

Joe
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
After seeing this posting I got the BUG and started looking. With one quick look and an email later I found Joe Kalil's website, this look great! Reminds me of the training we do in the Military and should be fun to boot. Unfortunately the advanced carbine courses wont be available until warmer weather. His response to my emails was very fast (five min) and extremely professional and informative. Based on this alone I will be seeking his tutelage in the summer months.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After seeing this posting I got the BUG and started looking. With one quick look and an email later I found Joe Kalil's website, this look great! Reminds me of the training we do in the Military and should be fun to boot. Unfortunately the advanced carbine courses wont be available until warmer weather. His response to my emails was very fast (five min) and extremely professional and informative. Based on this alone I will be seeking his tutelage in the summer months.
View Quote

I might be seeing you there. I definitely plan on getting some formal training this summer. My brothers a combat veteran and he's ran me through a few things on our family property, but I want to go through a really extensive class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top