Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 3:10:45 PM EDT
Gun show in Lexington this weekend, anyone go today that could give a report?  I have to work all weekend but want to go tomorrow morning.  I'm looking for a cz p07
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody went?  Did you all go to the mall with the SO and hold her purse instead?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I drove all the way to the gun show at noon today.  Then I found out UK was playing at Rupp and they were charging for parking.  The admission price is enough of a deterrent alone, doubling that with parking fees and I said forget it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I also went today and discovered the parking fee.

I didn't find what I wanted.  

Some cool people selling mini canons and new kydex holster makers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you know if Thoroughbred Tactical was at the show?  The started advertising some great prices on Armslist and their website says they do gun shows.  Talking to them was the only reason I wanted to go.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you know if Thoroughbred Tactical was at the show?  The started advertising some great prices on Armslist and their website says they do gun shows.  Talking to them was the only reason I wanted to go.
View Quote
Possibly, but I don't recall anyone with a sign that had that business name, but there were quite a few dealers selling tactical gear and ar parts etc

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I went last year and it was such a waste of time I decided to not even mess with it this year. Got some great online deals though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm starting to wonder if the kydex market is getting saturated.

Making kydex holsters is like making burgers and pizza, ya gotta screw up pretty badly to make a bad one but to make really good one takes some skill and care.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Lets see...

Drive from Louisville to Lexington in my 13mpg truck to pay parking and entry fees to behold glorious beef jerky-time and commie fudd fucking neckbeards?

Or...

Work overtime on Saturday and go shooting on Sunday.

Hmmmm...

For me, Gun Shows are just basically trade shows for me to go twice a year and see what might be available that might have missed my attention on the internet.

Sometimes, i run into a vendor that is helpful and gives a good sales pitch, so I buy something for a little more than I can get it online.

Mostly, it is like going to the zoo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Making kydex holsters is like making burgers and pizza, ya gotta screw up pretty badly to make a bad one but to make really good one takes some skill and care.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is getting saturated and most people are selling the same thing as the next guy with not much of difference in price.  These people that don't have an established name are selling them for crazy prices. Sometimes you can find a maker that knows they have to sell their product for under $40 to stand out and get business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top