Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:00:29 PM EDT
Was at Kings Daughters in Ashland a week ago and these signs were outside all the entrances, I don't think it states anywhere in KRS Chapter 237 that carrying in a hospital is not permitted? And I know signs don't hold the weight of law in Kentucky....

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
KRS 327 which deals with physical therapists. This is probably a typo and should reference KRS 527.020 . Does not make the sign any less valid, they're a private entity posting no-carry. Hospitals are not special as I recall.

EDIT - I am retarded. The sign says KRS 237 which is actually relevant to CCDW.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Same legality and consequences as hanging that sign at a grocery store.

The worst they can do is charge you with trespassing if you refuse to leave (Assuming you don't threaten anyone or remove the weapon from concealment/retention).
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well... the worst thing that could happen is that you end up getting lost and coming too close to an MRI machine....
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the staff at Kings Daughters is pretty cool about this stuff, I still wouldnt flash your ccw becuase there is a few assholes, just remember concealed means concealed
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just remember concealed means concealed
View Quote

That point has been made before in other venues. One should always keep it out of sight, out of other's minds.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I was at the KDMC emergency room a month ago after a car crash. My car was destroyed, and I was carrying at the time. I was injured, so I turned my weapon over to one of the Boyd County deputies. He had to ask the ambo guy what to do with it. The paramedic locked it in a safe in the ambo, the. Turned it over to KDMC security ahem they dropped me at he ER. I thought, 'Great, that will be a hassle to get back.' After a CT scan and x-ray,they sent me on my way, and I simply signed for my weapon and they gave it back.

I have had some experiences with KDMC security that were not so positive, and they tend to act like they are cops, and be pretty smug. Pretty decent his time, though.

As far as the sign goes, the is one just like at at my bank in Grayson. I have used it as an example of false claims about CCDW laws in my classes.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at the KDMC emergency room a month ago after a car crash. My car was destroyed, and I was carrying at the time. I was injured, so I turned my weapon over to one of the Boyd County deputies. He had to ask the ambo guy what to do with it. The paramedic locked it in a safe in the ambo, the. Turned it over to KDMC security ahem they dropped me at he ER. I thought, 'Great, that will be a hassle to get back.' After a CT scan and x-ray,they sent me on my way, and I simply signed for my weapon and they gave it back.

I have had some experiences with KDMC security that were not so positive, and they tend to act like they are cops, and be pretty smug. Pretty decent his time, though.

As far as the sign goes, the is one just like at at my bank in Grayson. I have used it as an example of false claims about CCDW laws in my classes.

View Quote

Thank you for posting a story about a good interaction with EMS and Police and security. Well positive aside from the car crash at least. It is uplifting to hear about good men who do the right thing from start to finish.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to do it. On the other hand, I could relate how the police report stated the cops suspected the other driver was drinking, but didn't bother to test her....and she had five kids in her car. They did, however, cite me for not having proof of insurance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top