Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2014 9:09:53 AM EDT
FYI. Uncle Lees is shutting down. I wonder if it'll be a fire sale?

http://www.unclelees.com
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
"A "Store Closing Sale" offering discounts off more than $7.5 million worth of inventory, will commence in the coming days."

Shame, I really liked that place.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
just bought a ruger 10/22 there a few weeks ago. hate to see it go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Sucks
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]
That's my hometown.  I hate to see it go.  Even more so the burgers in the place at the door.

They had archery stuff 20% off on Monday when they announced they were closing, but I think that was already going on.  Springfield guns were 5% off and a couple of brands I don't remember (not one of the big mfgs) were 10% off.  My understanding is the real sales start on Tuesday. (10/28) and the doors close for good on 12/31.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF?  That place always did good business
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF?  That place always did good business
View Quote

Not a matter of lack of business. Owner getting old and wants to retire. Nobody in the family to hand it down to, and no serious buyers, so no choice but to close up shop.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like that it's closing, but I can't blame the guy.  He could not find a buyer.  It he sells off the 7+ million dollars of inventory he has we will be better off than running it another 10 years I would think.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, sad to see it go, but can't really blame him.

Too bad none of the potential buyers could see past the local market.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny Paducah Shooters opened an eddyville store and when I asked why the clerk said, "To compete with Uncle Lees".  Whittakers always viewed them as his main competitor too who incidentally the local grapevine is saying is also struggling with issues of the future since Darrel's passing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top