Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 11:28:04 PM EDT
Anyone know of someone who can move a safe from one house  to another in the same town, in the Danville area?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I would call Curtsinger's and ask them if they knew anyone local that moved safes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You could rent a heavy duty appliance dolly (uHaul would be one place this could be done) , buy a couple if cases of beer, and enlist the aid of a few strong friends. I'd suggest not opening the beer until after the move is effected.......just sayin'.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could rent a heavy duty appliance dolly (uHaul would be one place this could be done) , buy a couple if cases of beer, and enlist the aid of a few strong friends. I'd suggest not opening the beer until after the move is effected.......just sayin'.
View Quote

Well, I live in Danville.

I am neither strong or a beer drinker.

Guess you can't count on me. 100# safe sure, but 1000# safe....holy hell!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone know of someone who can move a safe from one house  to another in the same town, in the Danville area?
View Quote

The old Jet Guns in Paris, KY may be able to help.  Not sure of their new name.  The have a special mechanical dolly.  One guy moved mine in the basement 900 lbs and cost me $250 about 8 years ago.  He was in Paris, KY and I am in Mt Washington, KY south of Louisville.  

The same guy still works at the store in Paris (old Buds gun shop)  He is one of the owners now.  He is the taller one..  May try them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The old Jet Guns in Paris, KY may be able to help.  Not sure of their new name.  The have a special mechanical dolly.  One guy moved mine in the basement 900 lbs and cost me $250 about 8 years ago.  He was in Paris, KY and I am in Mt Washington, KY south of Louisville.  

The same guy still works at the store in Paris (old Buds gun shop)  He is one of the owners now.  He is the taller one..  May try them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are called "smoking guns" now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I had 3 Guys and a Truck(?) move one from Louisville to Shelby county about 10 years ago.I think it was $250.00.Other than a lift gate on the truck they used a hand truck with 3 guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It's now Shooters Alley. 859-340-4162 or on Facebook. I just moved my silencers back over there.  Jimmy can help you. Don't mess with anything that heavy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had 3 Guys and a Truck(?) move one from Louisville to Shelby county about 10 years ago.I think it was $250.00.Other than a lift gate on the truck they used a hand truck with 3 guys.
View Quote

You mean 2 Men and a Truck?

I can't speak to their safe moving abilities but as movers go 2 Men and a Truck has been good to my family for a few smaller moves.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:42:19 AM EDT
[#9]
That sounds better.I could not remember the name.Thats why I had the ?.It was 3 guys that moved it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top