Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:16:41 PM EDT
Found out from a friend and then confirmed via the west Cincinnati store they are opining a store / range on mall road sometime in January.

Just FYI if you did not already know.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I am near it and I don't see it. I will if it does happen.

One other cool thing is that there is a minards and a cosco opening by  the crossroads church.1
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be cool it true? I wonder where? I always thought the old HQ building that later turned into a Old Time Pottery and is now the crossroads church would have made an excellent location. Big enough to have plenty of lanes (including 100yrd lanes). Great visibility for traffic but isolated enough that no one could dream of any  noise or safety concerns (except for Pepboys but I doubt they would have cared as it would probably of helped their business as well)

Hopes its true but I'll believe it when I see it. Rumors about Jungle Jim's and Cabala's never materialized either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Point Blank.... as in Point Blank the body armor manufacturer? Or is it just a gunstore with the same name?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It's on their website,

http://shootpointblank.com/point-blank-florence/
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Might be in the old Kroger store.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My understanding is it will be across the street from Chipotle back by the music store...

7551 Mall Road

Florence, Kentucky  41042
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
They are in full build out mode. I work out at the gym right next door. Can't wait, work out and and range day all together. Looks like they will be open Feb. time frame.

Chuck
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I am excited to have another spot to go shooting. I don't really care for marks. Shooters is ok. Being close to 75, it's a drive to get to it. If only we can get point blanks prices down....

Joe
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anybody been by there yet?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I stopped by the other day. It looks similar to their other facilities. Range prices were on par to other ranges. They only have 25 yards at this range.

They are going to have to lower their prices if they intend on competing locally. I understand it costs more to have a range, but that should be offsetting their expenses to offer cheaper ammo and guns. They are in many cases 20-30% higher for accessories AND ammo. Not to mention guns than their nearest competitor, triggers.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I stopped by over the weekend. Just happened to be in the area and saw the "Now Open" sign. Apparently they are doing a "soft opening" probably because inventory is still not that impressive and the staff is almost all new (as in most of these guys have never worked in a gun shop before). As far as the store, nothing impressive, especially in the rifle/shotgun category. I didn't check out the ammo or accessories much because in my experience, gun shops almost always suck price wise for those types of items.

I did end up buying a gun, an M&P Shield 9mm (no safety) as I've been wanting one for a while. They had it for $399 which may or may not be the lowest price in town(?) but I wanted it, they had it and it was a fair price (and it came with a free range session). The checkout process took forever (even with my CCDW) partly because the old guy doing it was new and unsure of himself and apparently their computer system is slow too (which is sad IMO).

The biggest thing for me is I'm glad to finally have a place to shoot that is less then 1/2 hour away. (about 10-15 minutes for me) but I do wish it was 100yrds like their Cincy west store.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I was planning to stop by there today to try it out. Kinda sucks they only have 25 yard ranges. I've been going to to Ready Line in New town to shoot my ar as they have 100 yard ranges and their staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I went in their store today ( 3/7/15 ), it looks like I will still be driving to Buds in Lexington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top