BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She will end up carrying mason county because of this.

Humorously enough her being a Lundgren is easily in my top 3 reasons I won't vote for her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not real sure about this Loophole thing. I mean if you purchase a firearm knowing it is illegal for you to do so you all ready broke the law so how is that a loophole. You have to put the responsibility on the thug and not the seller. But I will say as a seller you have to at least follow the law too and have proof from the sellar up front that they are a legal resident and legal age to purchase a firearm from you. I think that how the law is paraphrased. So IMHO there realy is no loophole. So haveing said that I am going with Grimes, know her family on her mother side and you will not find a better group of hard working Kentuckians with strong community ties anywhere. Mitch just cain't get over the 30 years, arrogant how dare you not love me I am a prince, duke, baron thing. IMHO Mich is a poster child for what is wrong in Washington same as Reid, Pelosi, McCain and so on and so forth. Time to clean them royals out.

So you're going to help put another Democrat in the Senate because you like her family? Nice

She will end up carrying mason county because of this.

Humorously enough her being a Lundgren is easily in my top 3 reasons I won't vote for her.

Ohio decided to rid itself from what some called a "royal" out of the Senate in 2006.  So they elected Sherrod Brown as their new Senator. Since his time in office he has given us Obama Care, Eric Holder, etc. and has voted with Obama and his policies ~ 95+ % of the time. Ohio just traded one "royal" for an even worse "royal".

Hope KY doesn't make the same mistake as OH did.

Yeah, maybe Mitch should retire. Sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for the best of the worst. With Mitch you know where he stands. With Grimes, she won't  even admit she voted for  Obama in his last election.

KY needs to keep Mitch to ensure  the Republicans take control of the Senate.  Also, there will be political appointments that will be made in the coming years. The Supreme Court is a good example.

Hope KY returns Mitch to the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not real sure about this Loophole thing. I mean if you purchase a firearm knowing it is illegal for you to do so you all ready broke the law so how is that a loophole. You have to put the responsibility on the thug and not the seller. But I will say as a seller you have to at least follow the law too and have proof from the sellar up front that they are a legal resident and legal age to purchase a firearm from you. I think that how the law is paraphrased. So IMHO there realy is no loophole. So haveing said that I am going with Grimes, know her family on her mother side and you will not find a better group of hard working Kentuckians with strong community ties anywhere. Mitch just cain't get over the 30 years, arrogant how dare you not love me I am a prince, duke, baron thing. IMHO Mich is a poster child for what is wrong in Washington same as Reid, Pelosi, McCain and so on and so forth. Time to clean them royals out.
View Quote

Have you ever been to a gun show or know what buying and selling a gun works?  Dealers with a Federal Firearms license that sell guns at gun shows are required to give people a background check.  This is in every single state of the Union.  Liberals that talk about the "gun show loophole" are either ignorant or more likely are deliberately misleading the public to push more anti-gun legislation onto us.  Private sellers are not required to give a background check to anyone when selling a gun face to face whether it be at a gunshow, Wal-Mart parking lot, flea market, or the local swap meet.  They have to have no knowledge that the person is a felon, underage, or any other reason they cannot possess a gun.  They have to sell to a person in their own state if it is a handgun, long guns (rifles and shotguns) have more leeway concerning where the people are from.  This information is available for free on the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives website (anyone here please feel free to correct me if I posted anything incorrect).  So since you aren't required to issue a background check between two private parties, when liberals talk about the "loophole" they really mean regulating and registering every single firearms transaction in the United States.  Oh, and currently there is no such thing as "Registration".  That form you fill out at the gun shop that looks official (the form 4473) stays at the gun store in storage.  It is not sent to the ATF.  There is no national gun database.  Your gun isn't "in your name" as I have incorrectly heard it a million times.  I have guns that were purchased new and some purchased used from private sellers.  It is no business of the government what I own.  But if Grimes has it her way and gets rid of the "loophole", ALL firearms transactions would be tracked in the U.S. by the Federal Government.  Therefore there would be an official computerized record of every gun owned in the United States.  Gun Registration.  But liberals like her won't call it that.  They lie, mislead, and use buzz-phrases like "gun-show loophole" to trick the misinformed.

With that said, so you would be fine if you or some of your family were arrested if you let someone you know borrow your gun to go hunting without paying for a Federal background check?  What about let someone you know shoot one of your guns without you standing right over top of them?  Nope sorry needs a background check.  It would be ok for people in these situations to be arrested and charged with a crime?  Since this would be a Federal law, it would be a FELONY.  All Federal crimes are felonies so whoever finds themselves in this situation would lose their gun rights forever.  You do understand there would be no legal different between sales and loaning a gun to someone because law enforcement would have no way of determining the difference right?  So, why should we have to ask permission from the government to do something with our own property?

Why would you think any of the above is ok?  Why would Grimes?  Educate yourself.  Democrats like her are all about control.  Controlling what you do with your guns, your electricity (pollution), your car (pollution), what type of food you and your children eat (too fatty), what your kids learn in school (common core), whether or not your children are allowed to even know what a gun (no tolerance weapons policies) is, etc, etc.  

Getting rid of Mitch at the cost of getting something worse is pure idiocy.  But I'm glad you know her family, cause that is totally more important.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So you would be fine if you or some of your family were arrested if you let someone you know borrow your gun to go hunting without paying for a Federal background check?  What about let someone you know shoot one of your guns without you standing right over top of them?  Nope sorry needs a background check.  It would be ok for people in these situations to be arrested and charged with a crime?  Since this would be a Federal law, it would be a FELONY.  All Federal crimes are felonies so whoever finds themselves in this situation would lose their gun rights forever.  Why should be have to ask permission from the government to do something with our own property?

Why would you think any of the above is ok?  Why would Grimes?  Educate yourself.  Democrats like her are about control.  Controlling what you do with your guns, your electricity, your car, what type of food you and your children eat, what your kids learn in school, whether or not your children are allowed to even know what a gun is, etc, etc.  

Getting rid of Mitch at the cost of getting something worse is pure idiocy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would be fine if you or some of your family were arrested if you let someone you know borrow your gun to go hunting without paying for a Federal background check?  What about let someone you know shoot one of your guns without you standing right over top of them?  Nope sorry needs a background check.  It would be ok for people in these situations to be arrested and charged with a crime?  Since this would be a Federal law, it would be a FELONY.  All Federal crimes are felonies so whoever finds themselves in this situation would lose their gun rights forever.  Why should be have to ask permission from the government to do something with our own property?

Why would you think any of the above is ok?  Why would Grimes?  Educate yourself.  Democrats like her are about control.  Controlling what you do with your guns, your electricity, your car, what type of food you and your children eat, what your kids learn in school, whether or not your children are allowed to even know what a gun is, etc, etc.  

Well said !
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well said !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said !

Extremely well said. And, this is how you fall down the rabbit hole. Oh, she comes from a "good family",  they are hard workers, etc, etc. We have heard all these things
but mark my words...I wish we had someone better than Mitch, I really do, but give the choice between him and this really inexperienced girl (check out her age and experience) I have to stick with Mitch. If we want a change it has to be for the Republican party to replace Mitch.

Grims is not good for me, nor you, nor Kentucky. She is a young political hack in the making. She lies with the best of them. She misleads the good honest folks of Kentucky and tells you she is just doing what she has to in order to get elected so she can "help you".  I don't need her help, nor do you or does Kentucky. Please do all you can to make sure this woman gets sent home, not to Washington.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Lexington Herald Voter Guide for US Senate

Has quick remarks from all the candidates on the ballot on key issues. Check it out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/10/23/alison-grimes-doubles-down-on-a-4-pinocchio-claim/?hpid=z7

Mitch is no angel, but Grimes keeps lying. I'd respect her more if she came out and honestly stated she was against coal and for gun control. I respect opponents who are honest about their position even if I disagree with that position.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
my Kentucky friends, ...ask your West Virginia neighbors if it's a good idea to take a risk on a democrat, ...joe manchin was "Mr 2nd amendment", . well, up until sandyhook, ...after which he went around to every talking head cable show aghast that anyone would "want" or "need" one of "those" weapons, or why would anyone "hunt w/ a high capacity magazine"... etc...  gun control is part of the democrat party platform...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
my Kentucky friends, ...ask your West Virginia neighbors if it's a good idea to take a risk on a democrat, ...joe manchin was "Mr 2nd amendment", . well, up until sandyhook, ...after which he went around to every talking head cable show aghast that anyone would "want" or "need" one of "those" weapons, or why would anyone "hunt w/ a high capacity magazine"... etc...  gun control is part of the democrat party platform...
View Quote

Most Ky residents who are firearm aficionados understand this. I said most because Ky is also eat up with the "ma paw was a democrat" mentality. That is exactly why we currently have the most antigun lt. gubernor in the history of Ky politics.

I appreciate you spending your time trying to educate though, a lot of us have given up trying.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess if I was a FUDD and only owned a shotgun and sixshooter and the Grimes family were friends of mine, then I would vote for her myself.
But Im not and I wont.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top