Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 12:08:41 PM EDT
Discovered there is an IDPA match there tomorrow and was thinking of going. I shoot a lot of IDPA but have never been there.

Any comments on the WMA or facilities in general?

Any comments on their IDPA matches?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged to follow!

Edit to add additional response:

I spent a lot of time there years ago.  The trap and skeet facilities are great, there used to be a good archery course but I am unaware of its condition now.  As for pistol and rifle, there is a "tube" style 100 yard range.

4H and presumably other groups use what I would call "the old range", out beyond the west end of the trap houses.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot IDPA there a couple times, pretty good group of shooters. The match director is a nice guy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wanted to give an after action for you guys...

I went up there and shot their match Sat. They do a good job with what they have.
They shoot at the end of the 300 yard rifle range (because that is the only berm). They set up 4 stages right off the bat, we divided into two squads, each squad shot a stage, both squads scored, and on it went until we had shot all 4. We then tore down the 4 stages and built stage 5, shot it, built stage 6, shot it, and were done. Considering the area they have to work with, the MD did a good job of using interesting stages that did not take up a large amount of space.

Safety was always the top priority, everyone left with the same number of holes they brought, and fun was had by all.

I would recommend their matches to anyone that wants to do a little IDPA whenever they are having a shoot.

Just a few notes,
1) Starting in October, they only run 4 stages per match until spring.
2) They are having a Classifier (and 2 extra stages) for their next match (Oct 4).
3) Bring a chair. There is no where to sit except on the ground.
4) Expect to loose the majority of your brass because you are shooting in grass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top