Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2014 12:16:24 AM EDT
I was planning a bike trip to the Bourbon Trail and now, due to some medical issues, I can't make it.  The highlight of my trip was going to be picking up two bottles from "my barrel" and getting to dip the necks in the wax.  I have been waiting for this barrel to be ready for probably 6 or 7 years.

Maker's Mark say they can't ship but that a friend or designated person can pick them up.

Anyone making a trip there before 09/30/14?  Would you be willing to pick up my pre-paid bottles and ship them to me?

I'm sure we can work something out regarding payment for your troubles.

If interested, please IM me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few there as well that need picking up.  Hmmmm......
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I live 27 miles from there, but Ive never been.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a member from Ohio who is going next Saturday.  He has offered to pick them up and ship them to me.

The power of Arfcom strikes again!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 1.5 hours away. I can help if others fall through
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live 27 miles from there, but Ive never been.
View Quote

I recommend going at least once, it's pretty interesting.  I went a few years ago with my brother when his barrel was ready.  I'll be heading back in about

two years I think when my barrel is ready for bottling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I forget, which city is that one in?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I forget, which city is that one in?
View Quote

Loretto
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I have worked in most of the distilleries in KY and Makers in my favorite. Try to go in the winter when they have the grounds all lit up lights. Its a sight. Have fun and tell Terry (the old guy running the filler) if you do the tour, Chris the installer says hi.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, here's a little update.  The Ohio ARFCOM member had a little family emergency and couldn't make it.  So, I have a co-worker I was telling my sad story to and she reminded me her sister lives about 20 miles north of Loretto.  WTF!

I had forgotten all about this gal being in Kentucky.  So, good news is she was supposed to pick my bottles up this weekend.  Hope she makes it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, here's a little update.  The Ohio ARFCOM member had a little family emergency and couldn't make it.  So, I have a co-worker I was telling my sad story to and she reminded me her sister lives about 20 miles north of Loretto.  WTF!

I had forgotten all about this gal being in Kentucky.  So, good news is she was supposed to pick my bottles up this weekend.  Hope she makes it!
View Quote

Good news! My offer still stands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top