Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 3:31:08 PM EDT
I fairly sure there have to be some friendly maintenance guys hanging the sign at a lot of places I go. The third or fourth time this month I've noticed a sign on my way OUT of a location rather than on my way in.

Either the sign is faded, wayyyyy off to the side, or some subtle semi-transparent thing. They're usually more visible when I leave because I hold the door for someone or look back to make sure the boy is keeping up with me.

Am I the only one that this happens to? I wonder if I'm missing something I need to be seeing or if I've subconsciously stopped seeing the sign because they are barely worth the plastic they're printed on in the Commonwealth.

This only bothers me because I travel to states where the sign means something and I prefer to not get a misdemeanor and I prefer to not spend money at places that don't trust me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive did it before! Those little transparent stickers don't show up to well when your looking in to a darker building but when your going out the lighter background outside makes it noticeable. I don't much care about their stickers, I know where I can and cant carry and they could a neon sign and I would still walk right in!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You're not the only one.

One place I went to - a roller skating rink - had their sign on the wall INSIDE the door.  It's completely hidden unless you turn around once you're inside.  But once you're inside you're technically violating the sign.

and some places have signs on the doors but then they block it with other shit.

This is one area where I wish all states were like Texas with a uniform posting law that says exactly what the sign must say and the minimum size it has to be.

until then... well i recommend getting the "posted" app and sharing what areas are posted, even if it's a shitty attempt to post.  so that we know what companies to support and which ones to give a cold shoulder to
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It happens to me all the time. I don't ever worry about it unless it's a known prohibited carry zone, and their signage quotes the proper KRS statutes. Otherwise, concealed means concealed. The worst that can happen is I'm asked to leave, and I will happily oblige.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done the same thing on more than one occasion.  Movies, restaurants, stores... Not a whole lot of them, but a few.  Like you said, it doesn't seem to be very noticeable on the way in, but holding the door for the wife or others coming out it seems to jump at you.  Once saw it, looked at my wife (who normally carries as well), and said "huh, that's nice" we both just laughed and went on about our business.  Sign carries no force of law, so I just tend to brush it off.  Most of the ones I see are about the size of my hand.  In my opinion they're just posting them to appease that small part of the croud, if they really meant it they'd make it larger and more noticeable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top