Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 12:03:57 PM EDT
Two weeks ago I had about 20 people visit to bang a little. These guys are a group I met through AR15.com.  They're an internet gaming group that meets from around the continent every year. They like the services provided by a local hotel so they come to Florence, Ky! One of them is an Arfcommer so last year he asked if he could bring them out. They liked it and returned this year.

A buddy and I picked up a rifle and had the guys chip in. It was a present for this gung-ho young man. FYI the chamber is flagged.

They gave me 2 cases of Dang! butterscotch rootbeer and an AR500 clanger!

I had told his dad what we were giving him and he rigged this neat adjustable rest that folds and stores behind the chair. I had bought 5 of the walmart .22 flipper steel targets and made a little plate rack for .22.  He drilled 5/6 on his first go! Please note the ultra cool cow pelvis rifle rest.

His coordination and muscle strength are severely compromised but the rest dad built him worked great!

This gentleman had come all the way from Ireland and had never held a gun in his life! He took to it quickly and shot quite well. The Black Water wanna be is Sheepturd on here. He and I have attended many classes together, competed together and went through instructor cert together. He also works with instructing ROTC at my alma mater Miami University in Oxford Ohio

Not the gun from Heat.

New for this year is the "Cabin assault". First comes a run through the shoot house with 16 targets and steel droppers and shoot/no shoot popups (No pics of that) Then you move on to the "cabin" for an exterior attack. 2 different approaches for pistol and carbine. Door flies open and targets appear in the windows.

That's me in red. The green wall behind me is the shoot house.

Here's the cabin fully revealed. Run the shoot house and the cabin back to back and that's 27 bad guys and 2 hostages. This is a target rich environment!

My buddy Miles_Urbanus pasting and evaluating hits while running the "screw your buddy drill", a staple of every Joker shoot.

Miles running a simple speed drill. Three double taps with carbine on paper, laterally movement and transition to 3 double taps on steel. Beeeep!

Hey! This is habu, the Marine that gave me the Semper Fidelis challenge coin for those following my "Semper Fi Dog Rescue" thread!

What we don't have a pic of is the food! One of the guys is a chef. I brought a grill down to the range.  He grill/roasted 2 whole strip sirloins, grilled a mass of onions and pepper for awesome sirloin sammiches. He had also prepared many salads: fresh cuke/tomato with feta, oriental slaw, black bean and roasted corn salad, etc. Capped it all off with watermelon and back onto the firing line.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!  He will never forget the trip or hospitality.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
He left here grinning like a fool and clutching his new rifle case like it was a life line. He was also the one to close the day with a little Tannerite.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I got to shoot all the stages too as well as help out. Great day at the Joker range complex for sure. And the food was really good! Joker is the ultimate host.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Miles_U I had to order more rings. But don't be hurt, you got the first one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He left here grinning like a fool and clutching his new rifle case like it was a life line. He was also the one to close the day with a little Tannerite.
View Quote

You're a good egg Charlie Brown Linus
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You're building up a lot of good karma Joker.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top