Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 7:40:24 PM EDT
Nobody spotted this before it went up? My daughter spotted it as we drove by at 35mph.

image by c.swimm, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I posted it on the FT Campbell Facebook page but it was taken down right away.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the Tennessee side?
View Quote

Yup. I guess that explains it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess they didn't take the pic down. It's gotten some comments but I can't find it on their FB page. one of the comments was from FT Campbell thanking me for bringing it to their attention.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I guess they didn't take the pic down. It's gotten some comments but I can't find it on their FB page. one of the comments was from FT Campbell thanking me for bringing it to their attention.
View Quote

I'm not surprised.

People just don't know how to spell-check these days.  Or they have the computers set up to not spellcheck anything written in all-caps.  On a previous Navy ship, it was a big joke about how the chain of command wanted us to consider getting an "EDUATION" while underway.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Update.

It's fixed. My Daughter noticed a couple days ago that the sign is now spelled correctly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
DPW's sign shop was shut down in the late 1990s. It's still there, but it's unmanned. I raided it a couple times while the R&U guy for my battalion, and the dust and cobwebs were thick. I think they basically IMPAC card everything from Signs Now or someplace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top