Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:56:28 AM EDT
Are the other ranges, other than the main range...
open to the public?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The one on the main road (past the main building and to the right) is by reservation only. Contact Kenny for current pricing, but I believe it's $100 a day, plus $15 an hour for range officer. The one to the left of the fork is cowboy action shooting, and last I checked is closed to the public, except for special events. The range directly behind the main line (if looking down range) through the chain link fence, is a 5 handgun bay area used by Kentuckians practical defense league (kpdl) on the second and fourth Saturday of every month, spring thru fall. Once a kpdl AND knob creek member you can use that area on your own time, as long as it doesn't interfere with regularly scheduled matches.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one on the main road (past the main building and to the right) is by reservation only. Contact Kenny for current pricing, but I believe it's $100 a day, plus $15 an hour for range officer. The one to the left of the fork is cowboy action shooting, and last I checked is closed to the public, except for special events. The range directly behind the main line (if looking down range) through the chain link fence, is a 5 handgun bay area used by Kentuckians practical defense league (kpdl) on the second and fourth Saturday of every month, spring thru fall. Once a kpdl AND knob creek member you can use that area on your own time, as long as it doesn't interfere with regularly scheduled matches.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Taking a young shooter to the range and was
hoping for a little less loud noise (yeah, I know...its a gun range!)

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What about Otter Creek?
View Quote

I didn't think of that. Might head down there if the range is crowded.
Shooting though steel tubes kinda sucks though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a safe and quiet range, I suggest the french club on Fort Knox. You will have to go on-base WITHOUT your guns the first time to get a ID card from the range clubhouse. After that just tell the guards at the gate you are going to the range and show them your card to bring your guns on-base. I think you have to tell the range clubhouse the serial numbers of the guns you are bringing to.

The range officers are fantastic there and the atmosphere is relaxed and un-crowded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you want a safe and quiet range, I suggest the french club on Fort Knox. You will have to go on-base WITHOUT your guns the first time to get a ID card from the range clubhouse. After that just tell the guards at the gate you are going to the range and show them your card to bring your guns on-base. I think you have to tell the range clubhouse the serial numbers of the guns you are bringing to.

The range officers are fantastic there and the atmosphere is relaxed and un-crowded.
View Quote

French Range is dead to me.  Shame too, I was a member for a
lot of years and it IS a very nice range.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a great time at Knob Creek Wednesday.  My Great nephew sure put a hurtin' on my .22 supply and is hooked!  The very nice guys a few tables down let him put a mag through their H&K MP5 .22 rifle.  That made a BIG smile on the little guys face.

As an aside, my Garand reloads worked very well and cycled the action with out a hitch.  The new KCR shop is huge!  Well lit and organized. I bet there must be 30k+ in concrete. Very nice in deed.

All in all, one of the best days at KCR in a very long time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear you had a good time. And FYI if going to shoot at French on Knox, any and all firearms you bring on post must be pre registered with the mp main office. Hence why I quit going.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

As of a couple years ago, Ft Knox required registration of all firearms brought on post. Has this changed?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As of a couple years ago, Ft Knox required registration of all firearms brought on post. Has this changed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please read the post directly above yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top