Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 12:29:02 PM EDT
Buy your tickets to our banquet from a local volunteer or online! http://bit.ly/Lville_FNRA_Tickets

August 2nd at 5:30 PM
Triple Crown Pavillion
1776 Plantside Drive
Louisville, Ky 40220

Have dinner, spend some time with your friends, win guns, and help a great cause! We *need* you to come to our banquet and help us raise money to give away to Scouts, ROTC, 4H, Eddie Eagle, and other great programs so that kids today learn how to be safe and enjoy the shooting sports.

If you want to buy in person, post here and we'll find someone nearby.

If you can't make it, then help us out by hitting "Share" and tell your friends!

http://bit.ly/Lville_FNRA_Tickets
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're going, post back and say you are! Great chance to meet some ARCOM folks.

If you can't go, can you tell your friends about us?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in, whats the normal attire, business casual?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in, whats the normal attire, business casual?
View Quote

Its a fun event so whatever you're comfortable in. I've seen everything from cut of tees (on a high dollar sponsor too!) to cowboy boots & bolo tie to nice suits. Its your evening, come how you want to come.

Family friendly please though, so mind the shirts with the cuss words.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry?

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Carry?

View Quote

Absolutely. Most of the volunteers OC. Its a great chance to wear your fancy holster and BBQ gun if thats your thing.

Cash bar, so if you intend to have a few beers know the law and follow it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.  The ones I used to "sponsor"/attend were carry unfriendly due to the venue.  Not sure how the raffle guns got a pass.

Thanks for the info.  We may try to make it out if we can find some change in the couch.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool.  The ones I used to "sponsor"/attend were carry unfriendly due to the venue.  Not sure how the raffle guns got a pass.

Thanks for the info.  We may try to make it out if we can find some change in the couch.
View Quote

Awesome thank you!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be happy to share but I'm not an NRA member...yet. Thinking about biting off that lifetime membership. Can someone tell me their favorite perk of being a member?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be happy to share but I'm not an NRA member...yet. Thinking about biting off that lifetime membership. Can someone tell me their favorite perk of being a member?
View Quote

You don't have to be an NRA member to attend. This is a fun event for anyone who wants to support the shooting sports!

Friends of the NRA is the charitable, fun side of the NRA. Friends of the NRA raises money to sponsor programs like 4H, ROTC, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Eddie Eagle, Women on Target, and other shooting programs to teach kids and new shooters how to shoot safely. We're almost entirely volunteer driven so we can give out nearly all of the money we raise right back to the shooting community.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
BIG NEWS!

We have confirmed today that the new Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Commissioner Greg Johnson has offered his time to speak at our 2014 banquet AND the department has also donated some items for our raffles. This is huge!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I looked at the flyer that was posted and see that there is a couples package (2 dinners and 6 raffle tickets) but I can't order that on-line. If raffle tickets are $5, no problem I'll buy them at the event. But if the tickets are $10, I'd like to get the savings. Do you know the raffle ticket cost?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I looked at the flyer that was posted and see that there is a couples package (2 dinners and 6 raffle tickets) but I can't order that on-line. If raffle tickets are $5, no problem I'll buy them at the event. But if the tickets are $10, I'd like to get the savings. Do you know the raffle ticket cost?
View Quote

Couples package is $125.

The best way is to meet in person. Shoot me a PM with where you live and when you might be free to meet this weekend.

We also have a booth at the gun show this weekend.

If that doesnt work we have a secret squirrel online option we can use.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Sent you the email about tickets at the KPDL.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Couples package is $125.

The best way is to meet in person. Shoot me a PM with where you live and when you might be free to meet this weekend.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couples package is $125.

This interests me as well. The GF just said she wouldn't mind going.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Shoot me a PM with what part of town you're in and when you can meet. Either we can meet in person or I can talk you through the online option.

Quoted:

AH HA! Now I know your secret ARFCOM identity! :D
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shoot me a PM with what part of town you're in and when you can meet. Either we can meet in person or I can talk you through the online option.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, that's me, I figured out your secret identity after the discussions about the guy who was wearing the video camera during the night shoot that Vengar used to organize.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Bulldog and Dracster are in.

What about the rest of ya'll? We need more ARFCOMers to make this a real party!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Back to the top!

We have our gun list set. Three great door prizes, get a chance to win those just for showing up. Then there are over 25 guns to win on the games, buckets, and auctions!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#19]
My girlfriend and I might be attending.  I'm still not sure on our plans for that weekend.  I'm looking at the couples package if we go.  If there is a hidden way to order it online please PM me the details.

Are you planning on having a petition to get Arfcom member SCDonttreadonme on the NRA board of directors available?  It should be a way to get a bunch of voting member signatures.  Here is the thread on it if you aren't familiar with it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
SWIRE - I will shoot you a PM shortly.

The Friends of the NRA is a separate 501c3 charity. We legally cannot engage in standard NRA activities like recruiting NRA members or politics at Friends events. We have some politicians who attend, but they attend as themselves not as candidates. Not our rules thats all laid out by the IRS rules for 501c3 charities.

Of course if you personally happen to have a petition in your back pocket and make some friends during dinner and get signatures thats probably cool just no official endorsement or activity at FNRA can be related to the NRA, NRA-ILA, or politics.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Only a few days left to get tickets!

We will have very limited at-the-door ticket sales.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Last bump to the top. If you haven't gotten tickets you really need to get them like right now.

If you're still not sure what the Friends of the NRA is about, check out this promo video!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#23]
We're keeping tickets on sale for just a bit longer.

Ya'll are making us sweat by waiting till the last minute. PM me if you need tickets still.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top