Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/10/2014 8:22:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hooray!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I missed the last one, but I am really going to try to make it to this one. Thanks for putting it together Gary, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be at the shop all day Saturday if you want to discuss it. I'd love to haul it up, but there are a few things going on right now that make it too early just yet to be able to fully commit to it yet.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a good size printer/copier machine aprx 3ffx3ftx3ft that needs destroyed. Its plastic/metal. If this is good to go as a target lmk and ill bring it in.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a good size printer/copier machine aprx 3ffx3ftx3ft that needs destroyed. Its plastic/metal. If this is good to go as a target lmk and ill bring it in.
View Quote
Just take out the glass on the scanner.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:09:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never been to one of the Arfcom shoots. If things go as planned I will be at this one. I plan to bring my SBR. What are the stipulations on us bringing Class 3 items?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've never been to one of the Arfcom shoots. If things go as planned I will be at this one. I plan to bring my SBR. What are the stipulations on us bringing Class 3 items?
View Quote

It's KCR, if it shoots bring it and handle it safely.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Class III items at Knob Creek? Lol. They will be the highlight of the shoot. We usually have plenty of full auto there to include a couple of belt fed machine guns. Full auto will be available to try out aplenty as will SBRs and plenty of suppressors. Plenty of 50 cal rifles and even a 20mm rifle usually there. I doubt there is another ARFcom state HTF shoot that has more class III items at it than the KY shoot. Come on out. You'll fit right in.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
This will give a good idea of what previous KY ARFcom shoots have been like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtg7UwbN9GY&index=9&list=FLRcyGRSRknNLrWt5thqlMcA
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Class III items at Knob Creek? Lol. They will be the highlight of the shoot. We usually have plenty of full auto there to include a couple of belt fed machine guns. Full auto will be available to try out aplenty as will SBRs and plenty of suppressors. Plenty of 50 cal rifles and even a 20mm rifle usually there. I doubt there is another ARFcom state HTF shoot that has more class III items at it than the KY shoot. Come on out. You'll fit right in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe I should have worded it better. I've been to the machine gun shoot before but have never brought a personal weapon of my own to fire.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Couldn't make the last one. Will not miss 2 in a row!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
How about some veggie burgers or at the very least  some chickens breast?     I  recall the limited food at the last shoot presented an issue for some people.

On the other hand, I suppose people could take their own lunch.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
So this is open to any ARF member? Should we bring anything extra, food, drink, etc?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Ammo!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ammo!
View Quote

That's good enough for me
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How about some veggie burgers or at the very least  some chickens breast?     I  recall the limited food at the last shoot presented an issue for some people.

View Quote

Yeah people who may be picky about food other people are footing the bill for may want to eat what they are offered or go buy their own fucking chow.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah people who may be picky about food other people are footing the bill for may want to eat what they are offered or go buy their own fucking chow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically what I was thinking whan I read that, but let me put it a little more delicately.

We welcome all ARFcommers to the shoot. The food started out as just somehting thta was sort of thrown together when some members decided to bring food to share. This was greatly appreciated as there are not many options for good chow near by. This allowed us to remain on site and thus more time to enjoy the shoot. Many enjoyed the home made dishes shared by those that made them and many wanted to bring food to share as well. It has almost grown into it's own sub-event of the shoot. Bringing a dish to share has never been mandatory to partake in the lunch  but many have graciously volunteered to do so or gave their time to prepare and help serve the food. There has not been a shortage of food that I have seen there.

That said, if some that wish to attend have special dietary considerations, they should at the very least consider that the food provided may not meet their special needs. You may of course get food elsewhere or bring food for personal consumption, but I would also like to invite those with special dietary needs to bring something that meets those needs to share as well. Others may be interested in trying it and some may also benefit from it being offered.

I would also like to point out that since food has tended to well coverd at the shoot, others that wish to contribute may do so in ways other than by bringing food. There is typically a drawing for door prizes during the shoot. Many bring items for the prize table. There can never be too many goodies to give out. Further, others have helped by finding/donating/hauling vehicles or other large objects such as appliances, gas cylinders/propane tanks/fire extinguishes. Haveing plenty of reactive targets downrange that need little or no time to "reset" during cease fires also helps make the shoot more fun for all.

It seems most have found at least some way to help contribute to the overall success of the shoot. So much so that we have never needed to make any such help or donations of food or supplies mandatory. Just come out with a positive attitude and ready to have a great day. If you can do something to help make it better for all then thank you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Hope I can make this one.  I missed the last one, actually the last two damn.

I hope its not too dry to use tracers, I got a lot of em I would like to burn up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet.

Though I gotta admit, with the luck I have had the past couple years I am really gonna miss that raffle .
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't mind bringing my own chow, any room on the grill for extras we bring, or should we bring our own grill too?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You should bring that Surefire 60 round mag you won and try it out in my new toy. I knew I should have "lost" that thing in the van on the way up last year. Now that I think about it, my toy has a stock on it that I won last year.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/parabellumklr/SABRE556.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet.

Though I gotta admit, with the luck I have had the past couple years I am really gonna miss that raffle .

You should bring that Surefire 60 round mag you won and try it out in my new toy. I knew I should have "lost" that thing in the van on the way up last year. Now that I think about it, my toy has a stock on it that I won last year.

Even if I can't come shoot all day. I want to stop on and see this conversion. I'm really interested, but am a little unsure about the whole buffer thing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet.

Sweet.

I think I am going to have to get a mac at some point.   There are just so many different ways to set them up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Definitely going to make it out to this. Im a newb to ARForums but this sounds like a good way to meet some other folks from the great commonwealth of Kentucky...and throw some lead of course. Im looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be bringing a xerox machine with the glass removed and at least a couple dozen empty brake clean cans and some sort of food. For those of us bring vittles, what should we expect as far as turnout?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds reasonable to me. What's our time constraints like? Should we break out the nvgs, lights, and flare launchers?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We're just there for normal business hours so we'll be out well before dark. Vengar knows something about night shooting there but I'm not in the loop on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds reasonable to me. What's our time constraints like? Should we break out the nvgs, lights, and flare launchers?

We're just there for normal business hours so we'll be out well before dark. Vengar knows something about night shooting there but I'm not in the loop on that.

No night shooting will be taking place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok cool sounds good. See you cats out there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#39]
So even though there's no Tannerite allowed, we're still good to go on setting cars on fire right?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Absolutely...assuming we have cars to set on fire.
View Quote

OK, I'll see what I can come up with
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Might have to make it to this shoot. I need a distraction.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Are younger siblings allowed at the HTF shoot if they're not a member on arf.com? I'd like to bring my 12 yr old sister. She enjoys shooting. She calls it "putting her booger hooker on the bang switch". :)
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wives, family, friends, etc have always been welcome. Maybe bringing your soccor team would be excessive but a few extra folks won't crowd the line. Track me down and bring your camera and I'll set her up with some full auto/suppressed/50 BMG/AOW shotty time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are younger siblings allowed at the HTF shoot if they're not a member on arf.com? I'd like to bring my 12 yr old sister. She enjoys shooting. She calls it "putting her booger hooker on the bang switch". :)

Wives, family, friends, etc have always been welcome. Maybe bringing your soccor team would be excessive but a few extra folks won't crowd the line. Track me down and bring your camera and I'll set her up with some full auto/suppressed/50 BMG/AOW shotty time.

Woot! Awesome. Im sure shell be most excited. I'll have 2 old helium tanks, a printer minus glass, and roughly 30 empty brake clean cans.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Is there currently a vehicle to shoot or does one need to be acquired?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top