Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/28/2014 10:58:48 PM EDT
Hello Kentucky arfcommers!

I wish to announce that I have opened a restaurant in Louisville, Ky right on Bardstown Road called The Joy Luck. We feature authentic chinese food paired with CRAFT COCKTAILS!

Already, the restaurant has received several accolades in the Courier Journal, Eater.com, Insider Louisville, Fodors and Louisville Magazine...and we've only been opened for 3 months.

So without further ado, I cordially invite ALL Arfcommers to a Joy Luck Arfcom meet up.

The next meet and greet will Friday, September 19th @ 7pm. The night before the ARFCOM shoot!

Address is 1285 Bardstown Road. Louisville, Ky 40204
10% discount off your food!
All I ask is for afrcommers to tip on the original amount!

The seating is very limited. Main dining room holds around 30 people. Check us out on our facebook page and LIKE US! The Joy Luck Facebook

So who all is in? Please let me know how many people you will be bringing!

Guest List
Jeep29 +1
TheWenisprinkle +1
Dracster +1
Brich2929 +3
PFC Dustin ?

Total= 15
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to attend! Firm up the date, and I'll try to be there with Mrs Wyldman!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That's right down the street from me.

What's the secret handshake for the ARFCOM discount?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you just leave a PMag as a tip.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I intend to come down to visit and check the place out sometime but I doubt I can make it by that soon.

A glad it is going well for you man.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats and good luck!

Will certainly give it a try when we get out that way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you deliver?

To Verona?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
How is parking? Usual Highlands find-a-space-and-walk or do you have your own lot?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
To be clear, are you a restaurant or a bar?

It's a hike, but we'd love to come check it out.  Best of luck in your venture!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Thevibe last time I saw you and your merry ban of cut throats you where pulling OPs on the Krealian Run out past the Rim glade too see you back Earth Side. All kidding aside great review there young warrior. Next time I am in the ville I will for sure stop by.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I was gonna show up but I'm closing on my house in Lexington the next morning....I do work In Louisville a lot though...ill have to stop by sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you all for the responses!

We are first and foremost a restaurant. We just happen to have a craft cocktail program.

We are fortunate to have one the best parking on Bardstown Rd. We are located right across the street from a shopping center which boasts PLENTY of parking and a easy 30 second walk.

Let's go ahead and confirm the:  JUNE 11TH, Wednesday Arfcom meet up!

Let me know who all is in and how many guests you plain on bringing!

Also...okay I'll go ahead and do a 10% discount on food (excludes our duck) for ALL arfcom member!

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a bad idea!!

Will take 9mm or 5.56 ammo too
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We are first and foremost a restaurant. We just happen to have a craft cocktail program.

We are fortunate to have one the best parking on Bardstown Rd. We are located right across the street from a shopping center which boasts PLENTY of parking and a easy 30 second walk.

Also...okay I'll go ahead and do a 10% discount on food (excludes our duck) for ALL arfcom member!

View Quote

Outstanding! Thank you! I want to be there on the 11th, but cannot commit as my wife is still recovering from knee replacement surgery, and we just can't know where she'll be in her recovery by then.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the General Tso's chicken for lunch today.   Fantastic!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the mid city mall that will tow you in a second if they see you cross the street to Ramsi's or your place? I;m not kicking dirt on you or anything but it's pretty shitty to tell ARFCOM members to park where they can get towed from.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You mean the mid city mall that will tow you in a second if they see you cross the street to Ramsi's or your place? I;m not kicking dirt on you or anything but it's pretty shitty to tell ARFCOM members to park where they can get towed from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easily fixed. Go have a drink at The Back Door before dinner. By the time you park and have a drink or two, no one will know your car from any other in the lot. The other option is to park on Cherokee Rd it's just a block off bardstown and there is usually pretty good parking location.  I didn't have to do the parking thing, as we walked there.

Me and the wife stopped in for dinner last Saturday evening. Place was full and it looks poised to be a local hot spot. The decor was nice and it's nice to see the old Kashmir has been rebuilt it to this place. Nice interior not crowded and patio area for smokers and people watching.

The food and drinks were great. We had a couple of the craft cocktails. We both recommend the Oriental Fashion, I also tried the Hot and Sour cocktail.  It was ok but a little sweet for my taste all in all. For dinner we had a couple of appetizers, the pork buns and the Kimchi appetizer, and we split an order of the Beijing Duck, it was unbelievable.   I recommend this highly. It will be what I will be ordering again in the future.

We also had the pleasure of speaking with the owner TheVibe, he was an awesome fellow. He has a bright future in this location and I wish him the best. You guys better take him up on the AFCOM nite and discount, cause I have a feeling that this is going to be a busy busy restaurant.  Make a trip here before you need reservations.

See you guys on the 11th.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Field MP- I may have just missed you that afternoon! Glad you enjoyed if though. Our lunch special is a killer deal.

WenisPinkle- Thank you for the kind words. It was awesome meeting and chatting with you! See you there or should I say "here" haha.

Vengarr- I agree, I it would be pretty bad business practice to intentionally tell my customers to park where they would get towed. However, all of our customers that have parked there have had no/zero issues. No one has ever been towed. If you have been towed for that matter, please let me know and I'll inform our patrons!
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't been yet, so I wasn't sure how big of a place it is, etc.  Are you a "bona fide" restaurant (dining facilities for 50+, less than 50% of income from alcohol  - KRS 244.125)?

In case it's not clear what I'm driving at, is it carry legal/carry friendly?

Hope to see some of you on the 11th.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
(dining facilities for 50+, less than 50% of income from alcohol
View Quote

I suppose that all depends on how many people we show up with and how much our dates drink on the 11th.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I suppose that all depends on how many people we show up with and how much our dates drink on the 11th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping to find a date there amongst the 49 beautiful swimsuit models who just drank down 6 months worth of revenue.  You mean dudes will be there too?  MrsMas might not care for that plan though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was hoping to find a date there amongst the 49 beautiful swimsuit models who just drank down 6 months worth of revenue.  You mean dudes will be there too?  MrsMas might not care for that plan though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

swimsuit model is techincally a gender agnostic term ya know.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully I get an appetite back before the 11th
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#27]
No worries gentlemen, we are first and foremost a restaurant. Our alcohol sales do not reach 50%.

We are very CCDW friendly. But if you do plan on drinking, please don't bring a weapon besides your limbs

Also, we are running a special during the arfcom meet up. It's called West 6th Wedesday. Half priced all West 6th Beers!

So without further ado: Can I get a rough head count of how many will be coming?

I'll reserve some spots!
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Typing this as I sit here eating on the "pet friendly patio" (as opposed to the pet unfriendly back alley?? )... the food is excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed, not too loud or quiet. All in all the best restaurant food wise I have been to in a loooong time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Put me down for two.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Will plan on being there +1.

Time?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there a time for this event?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Typing this as I sit here eating on the "pet friendly patio" (as opposed to the pet unfriendly back alley?? )... the food is excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed, not too loud or quiet. All in all the best restaurant food wise I have been to in a loooong time.
View Quote

Buhahaha it was great seeing you again!

Time is for 7pm

Hopefully, this will give everyone time to get back from work and ready for some grubbin!
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#33]
So I have four people coming so far?

When you come in, please let one of the servers know you here with the Arfcom Party.

They'll know what you mean by that
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When you come in, please let one of the servers know you here with the Arfcom Party.

View Quote

Wow. I would have expected a bigger turn out.

See you tonite.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#35]
2 attending tonight June 11th.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, same here.  Maybe because it's a weeknight?

Several of us used to help cook up arf CC/OC dinners before and usually with pretty good turnout.  SevenShooter, Scott from Lotus used to come, a regional NRA guy (Cotton?) used to come, the guy that either had EMT in his name or an EMT avatar... enough to fill up several tables put together.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

See you tonite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you tonite.

Not a big deal. Guess we can all get to know one another more!
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Well at least we won't need name tags.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fat chance.  I'm even worse with remembering names than with... those whatchamacallits on the front of people's heads.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha

I tend to remember people by the guns they shoot anyways...

#arfcomproblems
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry guys I won't be attending. Work is busy. Drink one for me!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I missed the meet up but, I look forward to checking your place out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#44]
I wish I had seen this.  Me and the wife love checking out new places.

Any plans to do it again?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Can we get in a Mk.2, maybe sometime around the fourth? I hear the duck is epic, and I haven't had ducks in years. So we need to run that in.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can we get in a Mk.2, maybe sometime around the fourth? I hear the duck is epic, and I haven't had ducks in years. So we need to run that in.
View Quote

Me and MrsPrinkle second this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#47]
New to the forum, long time Louisvillian. Been meaning to come check Joy Luck out...ive heard all good things.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I may take the drive down for some crispy duck.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Several of us used to help cook up arf CC/OC dinners before and usually with pretty good turnout.  SevenShooter, Scott from Lotus used to come, a regional NRA guy (Cotton?) used to come, the guy that either had EMT in his name or an EMT avatar... enough to fill up several tables put together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I think your talking about me been gone a long time due to work issues
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Whoops, just saw this updated thread!

Restaurant has been busy of late.

I would certainly love to host another arfcom meet up! When would be a good time? And indeed, we will be open for July 4th!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top