Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2014 10:51:18 AM EDT
Heads up to my one trying to reach me via AR15.com email. Due to Yahoo's new procedure it won't work. IM me instead.

May 11: The steel is all welded and painted.
The plate rack is repaired.
The shoot house is up as of 8:30 tonight.

May 12: Worked all day with my buddy Monty. There is now a new stage.

Anyone that can legally and responsibly join us is welcome. My farm is in northern Gallatin Co. about 12 minutes from the 71-75 split. We start at 9:00 and go as long as you want, Plenty of room to camp if you want to shoot Sun. The new range location and jungle lane can be used for night shooting for those with flashlights or NVG. NFA okay but your paperwork should be in order.

I try to accommodate all skill levels but it is difficult to work in a brand new shooter safely.
Last year was Zombies. This year the back story is less detailed. Hopefully ammo availability will allow for a higher round count. My scenarios usually involve shoot/no shoot decision making, moving targets, pop ups, house clearing and this year a jungle lane down graded to maybe. This year I will also have the plate rack running. Feel free to set up challenge matches on the timer.

Pack a lunch and hydration. Chairs a plus. Sunscreen, bug repellent, eyes, ears, hat, boots. I'll grill for dinner (You shoot to qualify. If you don't qualify dinner is a cheese sandwich).

We'll be looking at scenarios that require pistol caliber, carbine, or combo. Nothing long range. Some motion targets. My steel is at shorter ranges and can't take hits from rifle rounds (AR400 ). There will be 9mm and 45 ACP carbines available to use (you provide ammo) or use your pistol, . There will be some scenarios where rifles calibers can be used but the reactive targets that activate pop ups can't handle it.

Updated May 5th...
You MUST bring: wrap around eye protection (we're shooting some steel) and ear protection for each member of you party.

Recommended gear:
Pistol with holster, spare mag and mag pouch.
Rifle cal carbine with sling.
Pistol cal carbine with sling.(or use mine, 9mm)
.22 pistol and/or rifle for extra fun.
Ammo.
Boots or decent footwear, this is honey locust territory.
Collapsible chairs.
Cooler with drinks to hydrate.
Sunscreen.
Hat.
Insect repellant (ticks).
4 wheel drive if you have it, to get to and from the range easier.(Shuttle available)

If any one has a shot timer or stopwatch we could use a couple extras.

The contact list so far. Some are maybes:
kyfortean
MilesUrbanus
Wildcat78
airgunner
sheepturd
mclark202
AN94AK47 + 1
banshee56
KYLiberty
minus320
Pudwak
APEMANWITHFERALDOG + 1
jdogs + 1
NoHarmNoFal
flynbye
elbastardo
ToledoXJ
Digital_Chaos
marshalgrad
M60forever
Rascan
EKUJustice
localizer11
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

Looking forward to learning the details.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is an awesome event Joker is a very hospitable host. The stages last year were excellent. I'll definitely be there!
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, looking forward to seeing you.

ETA: I've cross posted in the Ohio forum with a better response there. There's also several not on the forum that will be attending.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#4]
A couple pics from last year per IM request:

Zombies in the tub...

Pressure drill called "stand your ground". 5 head shots in 10 seconds as targets advance. Most go into rapid fire and miss at least one. This isn't IDPA, no deductions. You miss you lose!

This is a fast moving roller on rough ground simulating 2 charging dogs. Harder than it looks.

My favorite set up I call "screw your buddy". RSO John controls Ed's hot weapon while others rearrange targets, stack targets and move threat/no threat indicators. Turn, draw, asses, move/engage without hitting no threats. Set up changed for each shooter by his buddies. They try to make it challenging hence "screw your buddy".

Ed has turned to engage. Notice hostages and 3rd target requiring lateral movement to safely shoot. 2 more hostage/perp targets are at distance out of view.

Yours truly whiffing one. Notice recumbent target. The wifey put a zombie in the bushes 25 yards back. The shot through the bushes missed the head. Fail.

Monty replacing popups in one of the rooms. The steel behind him activates shoot/no shoot popups, 1,2 or 3 of them.

John on "jungle lane". He's using my 9mm AR because of the steel...

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks fun, I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
WOOHOO
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump for more Ky shooters. The Ohio boys are out numbering you guys 3:1.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
This looks like a blast!  If I can get off work I am in!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What sort of attendance do you expect? Any interest in some Class III rentals or ammo sales on site?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I doubt it. I'm expecting 12-20, most pretty well outfitted.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Im off that Sat (17th)
IF we can come, Mindy has a Keltec carbine she'll use now.
Still have my suppressed/SBR'd AR with 5.56mm or .22 LR that anyone can use.
I finally got around to buying more .22 cal mags & a PA micro dot.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im off that Sat (17th)

View Quote

Plenty of room for you! Hi Mindy. Pics of wife ...
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/c.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im off that Sat (17th)

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/c.jpg

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Joker, I was in the IDPA CSO class at Crittenden over the weekend.  Yeah, I was "that guy" that showed up late....forgot to pack my mag carrier.

Anyway, I'm interested in coming down for this shoot.  I'll likely only do Saturday since there is an IDPA event in Batesville the next day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
We'd be glad to have you! I'll email details and address later. -Mark aka Joker1
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Ive posted this around on facebook
Mindy said hi back.
Pic of Mark AKA Joker1

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
That looks like a lot of fun. I need to find out which day that weekend we're getting together to celebrate my Mom's birthday. If we're celebrating it on Sunday, I'd love to come shoot. Looks like your setup is begging for my Kriss SBR.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Excellent. I hope you can make it. Happy Birthday, Mom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I live in Walton. This sounds great! I'd love to attend. Let me know if want any of my details or if there is anything I can do to help. Also is your range open any other times? I'm having a heck of a time finding a good place to shoot. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#21]
You're about 16 minutes away. I got you on the list to contact when we get closer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Union, KY here
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Have several AR500 targets that I could bring if needed?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Union, KY here
View Quote

20 minutes, I'm 7 minutes off the Verona-Mudlick exit on 71.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Have several AR500 targets that I could bring if needed?
View Quote

Hmmmm... You've seen the set up. Do you think we could use them? If so throw 'em in your car.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm still in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like I won't be able to make it unless the weather pushes it to the next week. The 17th is my Mom's birthday and it looks like we will be celebrating it on her actual birthday instead of Sunday since my Dad, Brother, and Brother in law have all asked for that day off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#28]
One option is, of course, to take Mom shooting for her birthday.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One option is, of course, to take Mom shooting for her birthday.
View Quote

I wish. She used to love shooting. I remember learning to shoot by shooting cans off the woodpile from the patio with a pellet gun with her when I was a kid. Unfortunately, she decided all of a sudden that she has an extreme phobia of guns a few years ago even though she used to shoot all the time and was a pretty good shot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd love to, depends on what's going on around then.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Update bump.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#32]
bump for update in OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm in
View Quote

IMed you directions.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Interested in attending. Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#36]
My email's not working. Check your IMs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Any opportunities to run through a stage/scenario with my Mosin-Nagant?  I've only shot it on ranges and would love to do a little run-n-gun with it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any opportunities to run through a stage/scenario with my Mosin-Nagant?  I've only shot it on ranges and would love to do a little run-n-gun with it.
View Quote

Sure, bring it. Everything but the shoot house has paper target options. Don't blast my steel.

ETA: I'm old. There won't be a lot of running. Moving to shoot. More of a saunter and shoot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure, bring it. Everything but the shoot house has paper target options. Don't blast my steel.

ETA: I'm old. There won't be a lot of running. Moving to shoot. More of a saunter and shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me, I'm getting fat now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Joker,

Assuming I use your 9mm carbine (not sure if a 5rd Mosin will cut it) and I run through each stage once, what would be the round count?  I'm trying to understand what total I should bring.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#41]
If you are happy with one poke at the plate rack and ran each setup once with minimal shots and no extra variations and didn't miss and neutralize each target with one round you will need exactly 65 rounds. You'll probably need double that for one run. But are you really going to pass up the opportunity to shoot something you may not be able to do anywhere else? Are you going to be able to resist trying a scenario again just knowing you can do it better/faster/deadlier?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like the weather will cut us a break for Saturday. Not so much this week. It was pretty wet  (I moved a snapping turtle off the range this morning.)Monty and I have been busting our asses in the mud and rain. We almost got 'er done. I'll be back down there tomorrow at 5:30 AM fixing a flat on the mower, putting up targets, running ropes and moving stuff.

See you guys at 9:00 AM.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you are happy with one poke at the plate rack and ran each setup once with minimal shots and no extra variations and didn't miss and neutralize each target with one round you will need exactly 65 rounds. You'll probably need double that for one run. But are you really going to pass up the opportunity to shoot something you may not be able to do anywhere else? Are you going to be able to resist trying a scenario again just knowing you can do it better/faster/deadlier?
View Quote

So, my assessment of around 400-500 rounds was about right then.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Leaving the house now. See ya'll soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 2:43:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Coffee's on.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Past carnage.

Cabin in the woods.  Watch out for the possum

Ever popular plate rack.

Brass in the air like we just don't care...

These things are not your friend.

Nor are muddy tree lined trails on the slope of a hill.  Looks like a new bed side for me...  

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Joker, I had a great time.  I appreciate your hospitality, patience and hard work.  You put on a great shoot.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Wildcat sorry to hear about your truck. Thanks for the photos

to Joker1 and everyone else who came thank you. Had a great time shooting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#49]
One of the guys with a Hollywood headshot.

Our qualification test for dinner eligibility (losing meant a cheese sammich).  Yes, that's a steel target out there at 132 yds!

Thanks joker1 for the event and dinner...all was great!  Will definitely be back!
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Had a great time, nice to meet a couple new guys too. I was the one in the jeep that didn't run into anything. ;)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top