Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2013 5:30:26 PM EDT
Weapon RFID System Bill - Madatory Tracking of KY Gun Owners

Please tell me this is some bullshit?  I live 26 miles north of the KY border(OH),  half my family is either from KY or still lives in KY.  I can't believe this shit would happen in KY without anybody knowing about it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Since when does RFID=GPS?

Yeah that looks legit
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since when does RFID=GPS?

Yeah that looks legit
View Quote

Hell I don't know.  I think it's BS, an instructor on my FB page posted..or rather commented on it so it is going around FB.  I can't imagine it's real but figured KY Hometown forum would know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up the Kentucky Statutes that specifically says that... otherwise, it's BS

ETA:  That would have been all over Fox News and the NRA would have said something about it.  Considering that neither have said a peep... it's BS
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That website is trolling the shit out of people. The author who is posting in the comments is clearly a huge internet troll.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The article states "By the beginning of next year it will be mandatory that all registered firearms within the state of Kentucky be implanted with a Weapon RFID System. Those who are found to be non-compliant by the deadline will face steep fines, jail time or even the loss of the firearm."

Firearms, other than NFA items,  are not registered in Kentucky so this is bogus.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Clark County?  Like Winchester?  Complete B.S.  1st this is Kentucky, second the county seat is fucking named WINCHESTER.  If something like that was passed those responsible would be tarred and feathered and ran out of a rail.  At least I hope.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention there is a governors pre-emption on firearms laws in KY.

That means the state government has exclusive authority to pass gun laws. Local governments may not. At least thats my understanding of it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would somebody make this shit up?.  

Not real.  What's up with the state seal too?  Nd?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I suspect it's to drive people to the link to generate ad revenue.

Or some libtard thinks he/she/it is going to get a big chuckle and impress its friends with how flustered it got us redneck gun owning morons. Probably hoping we go and contact our reps and make it on the news. Then it will feel all self important with how easily it was able to fool us bumpkins.

Short version: Retard Troll.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
National Report is a spoof website, like the Onion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Doublstar/JT would lose a lot of business if this were true.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]
In Winchester KY.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:10:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I can assure you it is totally 100% REAL. The liberals who control Louisville decided the easiest way to ban guns was to pick Winchester first. The three guns they would RFID vip would be the insidious start f their plan.

No it's fake and if someone supposedly in the know says this is real write them off moving forward.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
From the same website:

http://nationalreport.net/fearing-worst-godzilla-flees-japan-plans-wait-doomsday-event-mariana-trench/

Fearing the Worst Godzilla Flees Japan!

By Nigel J. Covington III
Editor-in-Chief
September 4, 2013
More shocking developments from Fukushima. This morning I was informed that more radiated whales have washed up on shore in New Zealand. But the worst news came only an hour ago when Godzilla appeared from out of the ocean and attacked the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant using his “Kingu Gidora” laser beam eyes with high-radiation heat rays.

After scorching the earth around the plant in anger Godzilla spoke to a Japanese reporter and said, “I blame people! I’m going to ride out this global disaster deep in the Mariana Trench for a century or so before I’ll be seen again.” Just as Godzilla appeared he walked off into the Pacific and disappeared under the contaminated nuclear waste ocean water.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can assure you it is totally 100% REAL. The liberals who control Louisville decided the easiest way to ban guns was to pick Winchester first. The three guns they would RFID vip would be the insidious start f their plan.

View Quote

That's a good way to get a returnable Ale8 bottle to the head.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That website is trolling the shit out of people. The author who is posting in the comments is clearly a huge internet troll.
View Quote

This sounds more believable

Cos I'd like to see how this county is going to get around KY 65.870

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=40556
Or in laymen's terms - State preemption. Local firearms control ordinances prohibited ...

So if I'm reading it correctly, this new "law" would be illegal and unenforceable.  I'd recommend ignoring the website and directly talking to your local lawmakers for information... and if it turns out to be true (I don't count other forums claiming "it's true" to be hard evidence) then have them explain how it doesn't violate 65.850.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Fake?

No way!

I just spent big bicks installing something that dosent exist.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#18]
State has a pre-emption law over local firearm ordinances to prevent crap like this.

RFID chip in guns is 100% bullshit
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Ya'll realize that NationalReport is like The Onion right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.  Until now that is.

However that being said, I know the state laws ... so pretty much just that alone told me this was a fake story.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Only without the humor right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
It's liberal humor. We just don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I have never heard of the National Report, did not know it was a spoof website.  Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top