Tacked Kentucky Ranges (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eton98] [#1]
Western KY folks :

Jackson Purchase Rifle & Pistol Club

KY Regulators

Joe Kieth (KY Regulators) is a Class 3 dealer btw...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Kleber is now a 100 yard range ONLY... and you are prohibited from shooting handguns of any kind.  Sorta defeats the whole purpose of having the multiple distance birms and post holes for the targets... but they've filled 'em in with gravel just to be a pain in the butt.  The price is right - free - but the restrictions sorta bite.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
whats the range in Danville I keep hearing about.....cant seem to pin down a name addy or phone......but I keep hearing about it.

anyone?

JB
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bassbones:
whats the range in Danville I keep hearing about.....cant seem to pin down a name addy or phone......but I keep hearing about it.

anyone?

JB
View Quote

it is Boyle County Fish and Game located in Junction City which is right next door to Danville.

You can get a key and membership card from Curtsingers in Danville.  $40 a year.  Great ranges.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
How far out do they go?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Church:
How far out do they go?
View Quote

300+ yards for the rifle range.  25 yard for the pistol range.  You can shoot pistols on the rifle range though if you wish to shoot further than 25 yards.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know of something around Northern KY?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Indoor range in Bowling Green under construction corner of Middle Bridge Rd and Bryant Way.  Anybody have information on the range?  I here it is going to be very modern.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Walkers
I heard it going to be six lane indoor range. He has a list for membership to call when its finished.
Green River Gun Club is hosting a tactical rifle match the fifth Saturday in August you don't have to
Be a member to shoot any of the clubs matches. www.bggrgc.com.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Sugar Creek Shooting Range
1033 Perry Rogers Rd
Lancaster Ky 40444
859-209-0791
www.sugarcreekrange.com

The website seems to be under construction but they also have a Facebook page.
250 yard rifle range, 20 yard pistol range, and a clubhouse.
They are also putting in a 3d archery range soon.
Open to the public and they have memberships available
Open 11am to 6pm every day except Tuesday
Price is $12 for the whole day with access to all ranges
Membership is $120/year
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The old "Triple R" Indoor Range in Glasgow has been reopened with new owners.  Now it's called "Sportsman's Gun and Indoor Range".  7 lane indoor range, good fans, decent (but not great) lighting.  If you're the only one on the range they'll let you dim to lights to try out night sites, etc.  Just past the VFW and Tobacco barns north of Glasgow on 31E.  

https://plus.google.com/+SportsmansGunIndoorRangeGlasgow/about
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay so it looks like this thread has been inactive for a while. I moved to Northern Ky (Florence) a while back and am now looking for a good range/gun club in the area. My wife's co-worker is a member of the Miami Rifle/Pistol club, but it is about an hour away in Ohio. I noticed someone mentioned this club in this thread before, I believe it was Rubar60? or something like that. Anyone have any information about this club or any others in Northern Kentucky?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
NORTHERN KENTUCKY

Point Blank recently opened on Mall Rd in Florence. Indoor pistol/rifle range. Like Open Range in Louisville, the facilities are top notch but you pay a small fortune for the honor of being permitted to use them. Prices are high on everything. They have some high-CDI-factor stuff like SCARs, Tavors, Kel-Tec bullpups, and a KRISS Vector hanging on the walls. Their classrooms look nice, and are put to good use for numerous in-house classes.

http://shootpointblank.com/florence/

7551 Mall Road
Florence, Kentucky  41042
M-F 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Sunday 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

P: (859)-208-0405

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Northern KY

I have not been to a match or had anything to do with them but I understand they are gtg:  NKY Straight Shooters
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Walker's In Bowling Green is Already Closed if that hasn't been posted yet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MDS31:
1033 Perry Rogers Rd
Lancaster Ky 40444
859-209-0791
www.sugarcreekrange.com

Membership is $120/year
View Quote

I usually don't stray from blue grass sportsmans league but I was at the sugar creek range this weekend because it was the only place around I could tell would be cool with shooting my transferable. Just have to say this is how every range should be ran. Matt the owner is a great guy. The range has a short list of simple rules, only the ones most necessary for a safe range. No dumb rules like no bump fire or anything. If you're a safe shooter you will get a lot of freedom at this range, kind of just feels like you're shooting on your buddies acreage. I highly recommend this range if you want to get away from the usual fudd ROs and just have a good time shooting.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:

I usually don't stray from blue grass sportsmans league but I was at the sugar creek range this weekend because it was the only place around I could tell would be cool with shooting my transferable. Just have to say this is how every range should be ran. Matt the owner is a great guy. The range has a short list of simple rules, only the ones most necessary for a safe range. No dumb rules like no bump fire or anything. If you're a safe shooter you will get a lot of freedom at this range, kind of just feels like you're shooting on your buddies acreage. I highly recommend this range if you want to get away from the usual fudd ROs and just have a good time shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:
Originally Posted By MDS31:
1033 Perry Rogers Rd
Lancaster Ky 40444
859-209-0791
www.sugarcreekrange.com

Membership is $120/year

Seconded. I was down there this afternoon and just like always I had a great time. It's a great facility with friendly staff and a laid back atmosphere. Hands down the best range I've ever been too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WKUAV:
Walker's In Bowling Green is Already Closed if that hasn't been posted yet.
View Quote

Sherwood's Guns has bought the range and building.  They look to open February the 15th.  Tell everyone!!!

940 Bryant Way
Bowling Green, KY 42103

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know the closest range to hazard, perry county, with a minimum 100yrd (prefer 500+) shot
Besides just walking in the mountains and setting up I can't find any place to shoot. Although I drive 10 minutes and I can easily get a 800yrd shot behind Sykes near between hazard and jackson off hw15 but I'd prefer a real range so we don't have to watch out for people on 4wheelers and such to prevent accidents
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:04:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone know anything about Cumberland Valley Sports League in London Ky?  It's off I-75 at exit 29 up the road past the Cracker Barrel.

They have a website http://cvsl.org/ but there's no pictures of the actual range.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zombicide83] [#23]
I just saw a sign for a new range on the Paul Coffey Industrial Parkway in Boyd County.  I haven't been up to see it yet.  Someone told me it was $75 for a year membership.  I thought the sign just said indoor though.

Edit: While searching for info I also found this. "Bare Arms" range to begin construction near Winchester Ave.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Has anybody heard more about the proposed indoor range in Richmond, KY on South Keeneland Drive?  I saw this article in the Richmond paper last July 2016 and don't think I've heard any more about it.  I need to run by there to see if I can see anything.

Richmond Register Article

The article mentioned that zoning was approved and listed John McCullough as the person who wants to open store and range.

I'm really hoping this happens.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PatrickB:
Has anybody heard more about the proposed indoor range in Richmond, KY on South Keeneland Drive?  I saw this article in the Richmond paper last July 2016 and don't think I've heard any more about it.  I need to run by there to see if I can see anything.

Richmond Register Article

The article mentioned that zoning was approved and listed John McCullough as the person who wants to open store and range.

I'm really hoping this happens.
View Quote

Just drove by today, and the building had a for sale sign in front of it.

Not a good sign, imo.

It was stupid for the storage units to protest.  They offer climate controlled units, and decent security.

College students could keep their guns there when they go to the range next door.  There is zero business risk to them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Central KY Gun and Range in Elizabethtown. Indoor range and retail store.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Lewis County Shooting Sports Club in Vanceburg
Clear Creek US Forestry Range near Zilpo Campground in Bath Co
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RWEIII:
Northern KY

I have not been to a match or had anything to do with them but I understand they are gtg:  NKY Straight Shooters
View Quote
I can vouch for this group - a good bunch of guys.

They have a large variety of shooting events and are very active. Follow them on Facebook if you can as that's where most of their stuff is posted. They have a $20 yearly membership fee IIRC, and generally charge a small fee (less than $5) for the organized events.

The only downside is that the only shooting there outside of the organized events and matches is on their "open range" days, and those are scheduled to work great for retired guys and impossible for anyone working - usually Mon-Tue from noon-4/5pm.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I read through about 75% of this thread.  I'm going to be in the Georgetown area for most of November on weekdays.  Looking to do some shooting while I'm there.

So far I've seen these two places come up.

Kleber Wildlife Management Area and Montgomery County Fish and Game Club.

The membership for MCFGC is $30/year?  That would probably worth it for me to pay just for a couple weeks.

Any place I missed I should consider?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Pyzik:
I read through about 75% of this thread.  I'm going to be in the Georgetown area for most of November on weekdays.  Looking to do some shooting while I'm there.

So far I've seen these two places come up.

Kleber Wildlife Management Area and Montgomery County Fish and Game Club.

The membership for MCFGC is $30/year?  That would probably worth it for me to pay just for a couple weeks.

Any place I missed I should consider?
View Quote
Bud's indoor in Lexington and Bluegrass Sportsman in Lexington are closer to Georgetown
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 4:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Garymac58] [#31]
Central Ky

https://kyfirearmstraining.com
Facebook - McInturf Firearms Training

McInturf Firearms Training LLC
1136 Ballard Rd
Lawrencebug, Ky
859-608-1060

Range Rental
Competitions
Defensive Pistol/ Custom Classes

Centerfire Handgun, PCC, Rimfire Only
Plenty of steel, moving, dynamic targets
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Anywhere near Louisville/Fort Knox that has steel or somewhere you can draw from a holster? More along 3 gun type shooting? And then any long range 800 yds plus?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Are there any outdoor ranges in the NKY area? Would be willing to drive an hour or so for a safe place to shoot outdoors.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:26:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BBOHACH] [#34]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Anywhere near Louisville/Fort Knox that has steel or somewhere you can draw from a holster? More along 3 gun type shooting? And then any long range 800 yds plus?

Thanks.
View Quote
Bueller?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Some friend's land?
I'd love to try a 3 gun course. Being able to shoot only at paper targets isn't very fun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kymarkh] [#36]
Went to Randy's Range in Sparta today and had an absolute blast.  Love the property and Randy is just an all around nice guy and a pleasure to be around.  Think I enjoyed the conversation as much as the shooting.  Give Randy some support and give his range a try, he has a mixture of target stands and steel that starts at 7 and 10 yard pistol targets and goes all the way out to 250 yards.  Loved pinging the 150 yard steel target.  Randy's Range can be found on facebook, please give him some support by utilizing his range.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Kentucky Ranges (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top