Tacked Kentucky Ranges (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/31/2002 5:10:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1GUNRUNNER]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeep29] [#1]
I'll go first.
State owned Jones-Keaney range 5 miles west of Dawson Springs, KY right along Hwy 62.

Uncontrolled and you can shoot about anything you'd like. Just show up and shoot for the low, low price of FREE

Ten solid concrete shooting benches, covered, on concrete. Two hundred thirty-five yards to the berm.

Range is maintained by the Caldwell County Sportsmans Club. When they have scheduled events they own the range. They have Benchrest matches the fourth Sunday of the month during warm months  and Trap on the first and third Sundays year round. Other events do happen without notice to the public though. There is no phone number. No real facilities are availible besides an outhouse so if ya need it, take it with ya.

Ok fellas, fess up and tell us where you shoot.

ETA: Full auto and Tannerite are no longer permitted.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Polyak] [#2]
Ok, I live in Lexington, and shoot in Wilmore, KY.  It's about 20 minutes outside of Lex.  The range is called The Bluegrass Sprtsmen's League.  

Club features:
Covered 50 yard pistol, 100 general purpose, and 300 yard long gun ranges.  General and long range have concrete tee shooting benches.

The club also features plenty of activities, IDPA (uses the pistol pits with junk cars , 3 gun, sporting clays, etc. etc.  It is a huge club, with nice facilities.  Also, once a year they host a Glock GSSF match.

The downfall of this club is, they are too PC.  The club is mostly hunting or benchshooter related.  Not a whole lot of AR's, but there are a few from time to time.  Unfortunately, EVERY shot must be an aimed shot, and NO FMJ rifle rounds allowed period.  Pistol FMJ is ok.  Rapid firing and or FMJ, is grounds for immediate expulsion from the club, and they do come around and check once in a while.

edited to add:  UPDATE: As of 9-1-04 BGSL now allows the use of full metal jacketed rifle rounds......it's about time

There is also a club in Anderson county.  Also about 20 minutes or so outside of Lexington.  I am wanting to join this one as well, but have been told they are not accepting memberships at this time.  Hopefully this Spring they will be taking in more members again.  This club also has 300 yard ranges, and has no rules on type of ammos that can be used, or how fast they can be shot.  The club's facilities don't look as nice as the BGSL club's but it sounds as if it is much more laid back.

The BGSL does not have a website, but here is Anderson County's:  mywebpage.netscape.com/acsportsmensclub/

edited to add:  BGSL does now have a website: www.bgslinc.com

Of course, we also make a trip or two a year, besides the 2 machine gun shoots, to good ole Knob Creek range ( www.machinegunshoot.com .
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
We belong to Boyle Co. Game and fish gun club. Private members only, but we can bring friends.

They didn't suck untill we took out the full auto browning 1919 and shot it low into the berm while having the T&E locked down. The old farts said that "Jennifer was shooting all over the place" What a bunch of S.O.B's!!!! I guess Jen picked it up adn did it like Rambo while I was not looking. Now they have "NO FULL AUTO" posted just for us. They have never seen full atuo around here untill we joined. They sure love the hell out of my XXX suppressor on the M4. What I love is to strap on the 11.5 and shoot it in semi withOUT the can. Makes them jump every time.

Other news:

BUDS that was in Paris will be returning to Paris and with a new indoor range. Buds is now in Lexington (no range thank's to Lexington). They said that the business is doing so good in Lex. that they will keep it there and build a new building in Paris as well.

Greg
Link Posted: 1/12/2003 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Keno shooting range, govt. ran, in the Daniel Boone Forest South of Somerset on U.S. 27 turn right at the sign off 27 travel 4.5 miles through a winding road and the road is kinda hidden on the left down a gravel road. $3 for a daily pass, just show up, staple a target to the big logs downrange, and shoot. 100 yd. range and a 50 yd. Does not have any regulations as to type of guns or ammo allowed, that I know of. You see a little of everything from AR's, handguns, and if not too crowded you may see some clays being tossed down range. The range usually is not too crowded unless it is near dear season.
Link Posted: 1/26/2003 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Laurel Co. Fish and Game Club its members only but Friends are welcome.

Public range on Government property near Laurel Lake.

Both are in the London KY If anyone wants directions let me know.
Link Posted: 2/2/2003 2:33:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeep29] [#6]
In Hopkinsville the Shell Shop (270-886-1868 or was it 885-)has an underground indoor range.  2 lanes, 25m with eletric target retreivers.  Can only shoot handguns and 22 rifles.  Don't believe that you have to be a member but range time is increased if your not.  Haven't shot there in a few years since I left to come to Germany.  

Range 16 on Fort Campbell was closed after 9/11.  is open to ID card holders. The shotgun range is still open (trap,skeet,sporting clays) and don't know about the archery range.

There is a range on Land Between the Lakes near the Ranger Station off of Hwy 68.  Sign in is at the Ranger Station or at the Obserivtory (across the street) and is open to the public. .  They have a archery range there and the firearm is less then 100yds 200 yards.  You have to provide your own targets and stands.  They do have a covered bench.

Lake Barkley State Park also (Hwy 68 between Hopkinsville and LBL) has a firearm range and also skeet or trap range.  

Don't know if there is still a IPSC range in Springfield, Tn off of IH24 exit 24.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Another state operated range is in Corbin, KY.  No one is ever there, shoot what you want, when you want, from dawn until dusk.  Off of Bee Creek Road, past the Grove Marina, down the old  dam road.

There is a couple of more private ranges/clubs in Corbin, but I usually just plink at the free range, courtesy of Daniel Boone National Forest.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stump] [#8]
Bluegrass Indoor Range
1051 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY

Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.

The cost to shoot is $14 an hour per person, or $21 for two shooters in one lane.

Range Manager is Frank Hollingshead
Phone is (859) 225-0333

Edited by Stump:   Range is closed....actually it burned to the ground
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
B&B on the south side of Georgetown is setting up an indoor range,from what I hear they are setting it up to handle rifle loads too.Also I have a buddy who has a small farm here in Scott Co,we will be setting up a range to about 300M,using a Utility reel as a backstop,BTW what is your favorite gunshop in LEX area?
Link Posted: 3/28/2004 12:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stump] [#10]
I live in Bowling Green, there is an indoor range here called, Firing Line, Pistol only, there is also an outdoor range on morgantown road, I was told dues were 30 bucks a year and do what you want, plan to check it out. Russ

Edited by Stump:
(UPDATED 9-13-08, Been notified that this range has closed.
Stump)
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Salt Lick Ky.   I64 to the Salt Lick exit, turn right follow to Salt Lick.  Take right at Y towards brown sign "shooting range" is one of the area listed.  Follow that road and you will se another sign pointing toward the Zilpo campground/ Shooting range.  Pass Clear creek grocery, pass clear creek lake, after you pass clear creek campground start looking to the right, you will see the sign.

This is a public range 5.00 per car or 40.00 per year.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Swordslinger, what's the maximum yardage at that range, any idea?
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Sportshooters Indoor Gun Range
Louisville, KY 40202
764 1st St  Downtown
Good parking!
502-540-9901

7+ indoor pistol/shotgun lanes and rifle lanes coming in the summer 04.

Must have membership to shoot. There are 3month, 6month, and year memberships available.

Safety is priority - must either watch safety video or have CCW, military/LEO ID or other proof of knowledge of firearms safety.

They offer CCW permit classes and personal shooting instruction, and a lot more.
NICE PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 10:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghost-1] [#14]
Combat Diver Team Member I know where you are talking about, I am stationed here at Ft. Campbell and went to shoot there a couple of times, he is a little high even if you are a member it's $7.00 an hour, I go down to ASP Gun Academy off of exit 35 towards Nashville it's only $8.00 a day from open to close if you are military and $10.00 if you are not.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Neighbor of mine said there is a state range north of Stamping Ground with 100yd range,with barrells.
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Franklin County Sportmans Club
Benson Creek Rd
Frankfort, KY

You have to get a membership at a local gun shop in Frankfort.  $75 sign up, then $50 per year afterward.  They have a 200yd rifle range and skeet shooting on wednesday nights.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody know of any outdoor ranges in or close to Louisville?

Link Posted: 7/27/2004 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Brad_20thSFG:
Anybody know of any outdoor ranges in or close to Louisville?

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?

You need to go here:  Knob Creek Gun Range

Home of the famous bi-annual Machine Gun Shoot!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I've updated my oringal range post to add that the BGSL range in Wilmore now allows the use of FMJ rifle rounds.  The BGSL has been really pushing for new memberships this year.  If any of you live in the area I would highly reccomend checking them out, and prices are pretty good at $100 a year.  www.bgslinc.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Salt Lick range is 200 yds to last post and 224 if you cross the creek and put you targets on the back stop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Their website still says:

There are not any ranges at on the BGSL grounds where full metal jacket (FMJ/Ball) rifle ammunition can be used. So leave the military surplus ammo at home. FMJ pistol ammo can be used at the pistol and general-purpose ranges. At all ranges, every shot must be aimed.

I live in Lexington and this is the reason I haven't joined the BGSL.  I fire too much 5.56mm and 7.62X(39, 51 & 54)mm to have fun with this restriction.

Think it's worth calling them to see if the website is out of date?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Dave_Saunders:
Their website still says:

There are not any ranges at on the BGSL grounds where full metal jacket (FMJ/Ball) rifle ammunition can be used. So leave the military surplus ammo at home. FMJ pistol ammo can be used at the pistol and general-purpose ranges. At all ranges, every shot must be aimed.

I live in Lexington and this is the reason I haven't joined the BGSL.  I fire too much 5.56mm and 7.62X(39, 51 & 54)mm to have fun with this restriction.

Think it's worth calling them to see if the website is out of date?

Dave, this new ruling just went into effect on Sept. 1st, it was posted in the latest membership newsletter that they mail out every month.  My newsletter came last thursday so that was the first that I had learned of the rulings going into effect.   It's been talked about for months, and they finally passed it ( thank God!!).   I would have to assume that they are not too good about updating their web site, especially seeing as how they never have actually finished the web site .

If you live in Lexington and don't have anywhere to go easily and shoot, then the BGSL is right up your alley.  The facilities are quite nice, all covered ranges and concrete tee benches.   My main complaint of the range has always been the no FMJ ,no rapid fire , and only paper targets.   Well, at least we can shoot FMJ now.

For $100 year, it's worth it to me.  I enjoy going out to the range a time or two a month with a couple of friends and just spending the whole day out there, it's very relaxing actually.  It's also not very crowded at all, except for right around gun deer season of course.  Would love to see a new AR shooter show up, the more the merrier.  Give me IM if you want anymore info or just talk about the range.

Also, if you have never been out there, you should just take a drive out to the facility and drive around and check out all the different ranges they offer ( the surroundings are very nice and it's HUGE ).  You won't get hassled and you will be able to just drive around with out checking in with anyone ( the front check in trailer has been removed, so you're now free to go as you please).

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#23]
There are pics of the covered shooting areas on the BGSL website, but here is a pic of what the actual target area looks like on the main rifle range:

100, 200 and 300 yard targets
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been looking into joining BGSL for awhile, and I think the FMJ and 300 yd range just won me over!  My wife was at the NRA sponsored Women's Shoot and she LOVED it...it was just too far away for us to really use...until I saw that long, clean shooting lane!

I guess it's time to pony up the $$!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Colt, yeah it's a pretty nice facility through out, very large property.  Wish they would extend the range a bit, but I doubt that will ever happen.

One of the good things is that the range is really not that busy for most of the year.  It gets a little busy during this time due to a lot of folks sighting in their deer rifles and all, but for the rest of the year, many weekends we end up having the whole range to ourselves.  

I would say that it is definately worth the money, as long as the drive isn't too bad from where ever you are.  I'm in the eastern part of Lexington, and it takes me a good 40 minutes to get to the range.

Link Posted: 11/9/2004 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Kirk-A3:
Bluegrass Indoor Range
1051 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY

Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.

The cost to shoot is $14 an hour per person, or $21 for two shooters in one lane.

Phone is (859) 225-0333

Burned completely in October 2004.  Someone using the range at the time told the news he saw smoke coming from the ceiling right before the fire.  They plan to rebuild.  Good people, nice indoor range.  I look forward to the rebuild.
Link Posted: 11/29/2004 1:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moreammoplz] [#27]
Louisville Area  - Indoor Pistol Range and Outdoor Blackpowder range - Jefferson County Sportsmen's Club  502-821-4440.   $120 per year for a family.  They also offer a lake for fishing, Trap shoots on Sunday's and an Archery Range.  Become a range officer and you can shoot about anytime from 9 am - 9 pm in the indoor pistol range.    Located approx 8 miles out Bardstown Road past the Gene Snyder.  Look for the sign, take a left on Waterford Road (660).  Turn off is just before Mount Washington.  how
http://www.geocities.com/sportsmen_club/

www.geocities.com/sportsmen_club/

Link Posted: 11/29/2004 1:58:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moreammoplz] [#28]
Louisville Area  - Indoor Pistol Range - Bluegrass Range these guys are from Lexington and have taken over the old Ray's indoor shooting range.  4402 Kiln Court.  They are Glock and Sig Dealers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Public range------KNOB CREEK

Competition range (rifle)  SCOTT MOUNTAIN
                                     FT.KNOX, KY.
                                     Only 1000 yard active range in Ky.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By ReeChout:
Public range------KNOB CREEK

Competition range (rifle)  SCOTT MOUNTAIN
                                     FT.KNOX, KY.
                                     Only 1000 yard active range in Ky.

Ree, I've heard before that the range open to the public at Knox was reduced to only 300, is that not correct?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I usually shoot at BGSL, in Wilmore, which has already been discussed.  I think it would be a bargain at 2 or 3 times the price.  1,400+ acres with about a dozen or so ranges (+fishing, hunting, camping & monthly matches of all sorts, biggest annual Glock match in the U.S., etc.) is hard to beat for $100 a year.  www.bgslinc.com .

As far as AR-15's, I usually shoot my 16" carbine at IPSC 3 gun matches at BGSL (first Sunday of each month, all year) and I am in the middle of building an entry level "service rifle" for the highpower matches (one per month, April-October).  I'm also a member of the Franklin County Sportsman's Club, just so I have a range close to my house to sight-in, test guns and practice - FCSC isn't much, but it's only about 5 miles away (I have to drive 45 minutes or more to Wilmore).

I have also heard some about the Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club and will probably go to a few of their matches next year.  See  http://www.orpci.com/

I also hear a lot of guys talking about 3-gun matches in Bardstown, but I haven't been to the range there: http://hometown.aol.com/dvckaps/index.html

Here's a link to the Anderson Co. Sportsman's Club near Lawrenceburg: http://mywebpage.netscape.com/acsportsmensclub/

Here's a list of various Kentucky ranges:
http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=KY

Link Posted: 12/27/2004 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Polyak:
Ok, I live in Lexington, and shoot in Wilmore, KY.  It's about 20 minutes outside of Lex.  The range is called The Bluegrass Sprtsmen's League.  

Club features:
Covered 50 yard pistol, 100 general purpose, and 300 yard long gun ranges.  General and long range have concrete tee shooting benches.

The club also features plenty of activities, IDPA (uses the pistol pits with junk cars , 3 gun, sporting clays, etc. etc.  It is a huge club, with nice facilities.  Also, once a year they host a Glock GSSF match.

The downfall of this club is, they are too PC.  The club is mostly hunting or benchshooter related.  Not a whole lot of AR's, but there are a few from time to time.  Unfortunately, EVERY shot must be an aimed shot, and NO FMJ rifle rounds allowed period.  Pistol FMJ is ok.  Rapid firing and or FMJ, is grounds for immediate expulsion from the club, and they do come around and check once in a while.

edited to add:  UPDATE: As of 9-1-04 BGSL now allows the use of full metal jacketed rifle rounds......it's about time

There is also a club in Anderson county.  Also about 20 minutes or so outside of Lexington.  I am wanting to join this one as well, but have been told they are not accepting memberships at this time.  Hopefully this Spring they will be taking in more members again.  This club also has 300 yard ranges, and has no rules on type of ammos that can be used, or how fast they can be shot.  The club's facilities don't look as nice as the BGSL club's but it sounds as if it is much more laid back.

The BGSL does not have a website, but here is Anderson County's:  mywebpage.netscape.com/acsportsmensclub/

edited to add:  BGSL does now have a website: www.bgslinc.com

Of course, we also make a trip or two a year, besides the 2 machine gun shoots, to good ole Knob Creek range ( www.machinegunshoot.com .

Dang.........Its about time the knock off the FMJ crap.  I remember reading the monthly letter of some discussion about dropping the FMJ rule.  I never did follow up on it though to see what happend.  Glad i came here read this!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#33]
If anybody is interested in joining Bluegrass Sportsman's League, there is going to be a special deal at the Kenny Woods gun show this weekend (Heritage Hall).  I understand that the initiation fee will be half price, so initiation + dues for the first year is $150 instead of $200.  If you live in central KY and you're serious about shooting, it's well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#34]
i just go out in the middle of the woods, on my friends private property, and shoot until i am out of ammo....
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By shawn_40312:
i just go out in the middle of the woods, on my friends private property, and shoot until i am out of ammo....

So can we all go to this range?
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#36]
We have 75 acres in Knott County to use..good hill country backstops you know.

But for the more convenient shooting, we use the Anderson County Sportsman Club (someone else posted a  link).  Its only 5 minutes from my house so pretty useful.  Right off 127 at BG Parkway interchange. They charge 65 to sign up, you have to be NRA member too so thats another 35 if you arent, and 60 bucks a year I think after that.  Not bad for me.

They have a decent clubhouse, pistol, rifle, archery and skeet range.

Rifle has 25, 50, 100 and 300 paper target (plywood to use).  Kinda skimpy but better than nothing.  Have to have a target up (no propane tanks, bottles, cans, etc).  No Full auto (booooo)
but FMJ is ok.

Pistol range we like because it has graduated distance signs and moveable tables and shelters.  They have plywood for stapling targets too and they have a bench with like 5-10 metal plates on it that can be pulled back up by rope. Fun to knock down and do again and again.

Don't use the skeet range at all or the archery  (which is basically a bunch of animal targets set out..even with deerstand I think).

No guests allowed, only members and family.  Special events open to public as listed on website.  Limited to 300 members, best time to try and join is january.  Open all the time for shooting, you get a key with membership.  Hear we are getting lots of people from Lexington joining.

Have to be recommended by two members, not hard to find at a signup meeting. Anyone wants to join, let me know and I will be one of them.

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 3:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ReeChout] [#37]
Polyak, No, Scott Mtn. range is 1000 yards. Info can be obtained thru the Meade County Sportsmen's Club. They hold the contract to train civilians marksmanship skills on Ft. Knox mil. res.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By ReeChout:
Polyak, No, Scott Mtn. range is 1000 yards. Info can be obtained thru the Meade County Sportsmen's Club. They hold the contract to train civilians marksmanship skills on Ft. Knox mil. res.

Interesting, thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#39]
New to the forum. The Bluegrass indoor range will not be opening again here, unless they move to a different place. I live about a mile from there and I saw a sign that said they will open again, then a few days ago I saw a sign that property for sale. So I go to Paris and shoot at Bud's. It's a good range, only not much in the line of cool air in the summer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Toothpick:

Originally Posted By Kirk-A3:
Bluegrass Indoor Range
1051 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY

Phone is (859) 225-0333

Burned completely in October 2004.  Someone using the range at the time told the news he saw smoke coming from the ceiling right before the fire.  They plan to rebuild.  Good people, nice indoor range.  I look forward to the rebuild.

I just contacted the Bluegrass Indoor Range to see if they were going to rebuild.  Here is what they had to say.
---------------------

Sorry, but the Lexington range will not be re-opening at that location. We are involved in a lawsuit and will see what the outcome there is and decide whether to re-build in Lexington.  Please visit us in Louisville if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Greg3:
We belong to Boyle Co. Game and fish gun club. Private members only, but we can bring friends.

Greg

Hey Greg, I also belong to the Boyle Co. gun club, was there Sunday afternoon on the pistol range. My brother-in-law and I will also go out there to fire his AR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Pred:

Originally Posted By Greg3:

Greg

Hey Greg, I also belong to the Boyle Co. gun club, was there Sunday afternoon on the pistol range. My brother-in-law and I will also go out there to fire his AR.

Pred, If you ever get an itch to go sometime give us a yell and we can meet up there. I live 4 miles away from it. IM me or send an email to [email protected]

Greg
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pred] [#43]
Cool, I'll do that. Three of us were there last night till about dark on the pistol range. Seems their going to name the pistol range after Mertz, just don't tell him that
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there any information about Fern Creek-I have heard there is a range there but can not find a phone number or address since moving here.  I have been to Knob several times and enjoyed it but just looking to see what else may be closer.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#45]
BREN!

I tried emailing you and IM you but neither works.  Where is the franklin county range?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is a good link to the ranges in the DBNF(Appletree Range, Whitman Branch Range, Keno Range, Clear Creek Range)
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/shooting.shtml
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't do public ranges.. BUT I can go to the PD's range anytime I need or want to.  No restrictions on the range.. I shoot my MP-5, my duty weapon a few M-4's and my 700P there. I've shot my 700P out to 200 yards on that range. (takes some work to get a good line due to the low hanging tree limbs) But hey it's free.  I also shoot on two family farms.  One in Mason County the other in Elliot County.  I'd hate to pay membership fees to shoot..hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I am a member of the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club.  Our outdoor range is at 17906 State Highway 60 in Borden, Indiana.  We have 200, 300, and 500 yard rifle berms for NRA National Match Competition.  We also have covered positions for Smallbore Rifle and Outdoor Bullseye Pistol Matches.  Our Indoor Range is at the Indian Creek Shooting Center in Georgetown, Indiana.  Our web site address is www.sirapc.com
Drop by the site or give me an email for more information.  DennyMac
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/29/2006 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I just moved to Florence this weekend, anybody know of anything arround there?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Tacked Kentucky Ranges (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top