Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 11:16:31 PM EDT
Looks like things should be speeding up soon, ATF now using a barcode system to input data into there system when application being processed.

https://blog.silencershop.com/f4-barcode-system-approved-by-atf/
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this effect current wait times? I was under the impression this will only affect new applications.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: only affect new applications.
View Quote
And doesn't apply to Form 1's
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard in one of the threads(and I think it was SS that said it) that they are planning to clear out the entire backlog of current forms within
2-3 months from now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard in one of the threads(and I think it was SS that said it) that they are planning to clear out the entire backlog of current forms within
2-3 months from now.
View Quote
Meaning in a few months a new application will be approved in a matter of days? I'd shit myself. I have two stamps pending. I was expecting the first one in November and the other around February.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If you use a Siencershop kiosk it also works for form 1's regular dealers can use the barcode system to but only for form 4's.

Silencershop alone has submitted a little over 3000 already with the barcode, once the back log is cleared your looking at alot faster wait times.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll keep an eye on it i guess, but I can't do that current wait.   It should be an item you can walk out of any shop with.  I mean for Christ sake, you already have the GUN!

I know, preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there any kiosks in CT?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
No the backlog should be cleared in 2-3 months, then after that submissions done with the barcode are expected/projected to take no more than 90 days.

So the future is 90 day turnaround time, and hopefully/supposedly it permanently stays like that.

This was supposedly done by SS/gemtech and another company together with the ATF because HPA has no chance of passing.  So if your on the fence, don't be, your just losing/wasting time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are there any kiosks in CT?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure jo jos is on their list

Just go to silencerco website

Enter your zip code. The shops will pop up
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
As far as Im aware Greysons in Orange has one and JoJo's in southington.

If you've already bought something using there kiosks you can pretty much file 1's and 4's with never leaving the house.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Do the Silencer Shop Kiosks facilitate generation of a Form 4 for non Silencer Shop purchases?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
It looks like Silencer Shop also has a free webtool to make barcoded form 4.

Scroll down to the form 4 generator at the link in the OP.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Jojo's  is where I did mine. Once your stuff is in the system you are good to go. I am waiting on 4 right now... cant wait!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]
That would be nice. I have one pending for an SBR and have been pondering a second suppressor so I have one 30 and one for 5.56 and other 22's. My 30 cal can is fairly overbuilt for the lighter calibers even though it's mostly for a 300blk shooting subs. I wanted to be able to use it on my 308 with full power ammo without issues. I could probably shave 1/3 of the weight and still be hearing safe on subsonic 223 loads (bolt gun in that case). I mostly got into cans because I started to get the first touch of tinnitus even though I always wear ear pro. I hate doubling up so adding even a minimal can with supers really helps. Subs make it awesome when shooting outside. I figure a 6" long, 1.25" diameter ti tube with three ti baffles and a stainless blast baffle will be about perfect. Still light enough to be reasonable on a 22lr, even a pistol if I ever buy a pre-ban model or move out of this state.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought my gemtec mist on 4/9/17 and got the call from JOJO's on 10/22/17 that it was ready for pickup. only a little over six months. very happy!! I bought 3 more a week later so we will see what a difference that makes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I got a July 1 form 4 stamp back last week.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought a Griffin RECCE 7 Mod4 on April 17th and picked it up at JoJos Monday (was ready Sunday).
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Here I was, resigned to a 10-12 month wait where I could just forget about it and be pleasantly surprised next summer, and you guys come along and get my hopes up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I was at Delta earlier and asked about wait times.  I was told about 5 months currently.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here I was, resigned to a 10-12 month wait where I could just forget about it and be pleasantly surprised next summer, and you guys come along and get my hopes up.
View Quote
I thought it was going to be 14ish months or more as that was the projected dates when I bought them. It was a fantastic surprise.

MAGA
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was at Delta earlier and asked about wait times.  I was told about 5 months currently.
View Quote
Capitol Armory's website backs that up.  They are getting stamps from early June submissions now.

ATF Approval Times
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Who ever wants to buy, buy now before everyone finds out times are down because they'll be back up to a year once people do find out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who ever wants to buy, buy now before everyone finds out times are down because they'll be back up to a year once people do find out.
View Quote
I think they are gonna stay down. The barcode system eliminates a big bottleneck in the process. I am gonna be so bold to predict that stamps will get down to 3 months for form 4s in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top