Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 1:26:48 PM EDT
I just got my form 1 back for my SBS and I have been going back and forth with having the cut barrel threaded for chokes. I'm leaning towards yes now...I just looked up a reaming and threading kit, it's a minimum of $300. I'll only use it once MAYBE twice in my lifetime. Does anybody have anyone to recommend?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stuff the choke in there with some JB weld.  It might hold just fine.
View Quote

This is all I can think of...

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.roseactionsports.com/contact.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.   I had them ream my chamber on my model 12.  Was going to have chokes installed but it thin wall only and I wouldn't be able to use steel shot.   I believe it was 95 for the choke work and a tube.  

I shipped the gun on a Sat had it back on Fri
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  I believe it was 95 for the choke work and a tube.
View Quote
That's a good deal, provided you're happy w/ the results.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This.   I had them ream my chamber on my model 12.  Was going to have chokes installed but it thin wall only and I wouldn't be able to use steel shot.   I believe it was 95 for the choke work and a tube.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not bad! I wonder if I could cut the barrel myself to save a little money. I know a guy who has the proper equipment for the job.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Make sure that if they aren't an SOT like an 07/02 that you only send them the barrel, or that you are present start to finish - that way ATF doesn't shoot their dog.
View Quote
I will only send them the barrel, I will tape where I want it cut or cut it myself but they will not get the whole firearm....that's just how I am though...

Thanks for the heads up man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top