Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 9:02:57 PM EDT
Hey guys I know a lot of you think that I have a farm of evil monsters, and while that is true, I'm, for the first time ever, looking to lessen my load(of pets).  I did part with the tarantulas a while back, but now I'm thinking it's time to part with the snakes as well.

I hope I don't scare anyone, and no one has any nightmares tonight.....but I'm offering any of the normal posters here that is interested an AWESOME setup with two full grown pythons in a fully automated setup.  Just plug and play and feed them once a month.  As long as it's a good home they're free.  

If your too embarrassed to admit to the rest of the guys here that you want some scary snakes feel free to PM or email me and we can discuss it.

Not a for sale thread, so I hope this doesn't  cause any issues Andrapos.
We can also discuss members pets!

So pet pic thread.....GO!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked my dog and he said FUCK NO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell zeke that each python comes with a miniature MAGA hat.

Their votes also count, and they vote republican across the board
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What does python taste like?  I'm thinking ground python burgers and beer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I asked my dog and he said FUCK NO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG_1322-283110.JPG
View Quote
GSDs uber alles!  Every other type of dog is a poser.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
This post has potential. Alot of potential

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How big are they?  I think I have a spare 20 gallon vertical floating around somewhere.
View Quote
Ones a little over 7', the other is about 5.5', both fully grown.  
I have a custom enclosure that houses both of them seperatly.  I'll post a photo tomorrow.
Jungle carpet python 7'
Ball python 5.5'

The whole thing is automated.  Heat lamps on thermostat. Misting system on timer.  Lighting on timer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Python kabobs on the grill.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tell zeke that each python comes with a miniature MAGA hat.

Their votes also count, and they vote republican across the board
View Quote
He only cares how they taste in kibble form.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#10]
A long time ago I had an iguana.  He was a complete asshole.  He would bite and whip with his tail the moment you looked at him.  

I moved out of state for school, so I gave him to my cousin to watch while I was gone....
Well the iguana escaped from the enclosure and thought he was a real tough guy.  My cousin came home to a bloody mess.  His German Sheppard took no shit from the iguana.  There were parts of him all over the house.
A real mess.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A long time ago I had an iguana.  He was a complete asshole.  He would bite and whip with his tail the moment you looked at him.  

I moved out of state for school, so I gave him to my cousin to watch while I was gone....
Well the iguana escaped from the enclosure and thought he was a real tough guy.  My cousin came home to a bloody mess.  His German Sheppard took no shit from the iguana.  There were parts of him all over the house.
A real mess.
View Quote
Sheppard 1 iguana 0
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A real mess.
View Quote
When I was about 7 years old I had a German Sheppard. We had to leave the dog home alone during the day while my mom worked. One day we came home to a bloody mess. Seems someone broke in, the dog let them in but would not let them out. There was blood everywhere and I wean everywhere, you would have thought someone was murdered.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A real mess.
View Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When I was about 7 years old I had a German Sheppard. We had to leave the dog home alone during the day while my mom worked. One day we came home to a bloody mess. Seems someone broke in, the dog let them in but would not let them out. There was blood everywhere and I wean everywhere, you would have thought someone was murdered.
View Quote
That's gnarly. We've raised Zeke to be as loving as we can, but I like to reserve hope he would have that tenacity if the need arose. He can be a bit of a dick, even to my wife and I.

We have Zeke and home security. I've had people ask me why we have both. Now I'm gonna tell them so the police know when to come rescue the perp.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/who-s-a-good-boy?reply=46770186481291994#46770186481291994

I need someone to make this hot.  I think one can still read LF posts without logging in.  I hope so as you German Shepard guys are going to love it.  I've seen less blood spatter at multiple shootings.  Good doggie!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Hot. Login required.

[url=http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/who-s-a-good-boy?reply=46770186481291994#46770186481291994]http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/who-s-a-good-boy?reply=46770186481291994#46770186481291994[/url
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hot. Login required.

[url=http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/who-s-a-good-boy?reply=46770186481291994#46770186481291994]http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/who-s-a-good-boy?reply=46770186481291994#46770186481291994[/url
View Quote
Well damn
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's gnarly. We've raised Zeke to be as loving as we can, but I like to reserve hope he would have that tenacity if the need arose. He can be a bit of a dick, even to my wife and I.

We have Zeke and home security. I've had people ask me why we have both. Now I'm gonna tell them so the police know when to come rescue the perp.
View Quote
My dog was as gentle as a lamb to us, She was a stray. Very protective. I cried when my mother gave her away. It chokes me up a little telling this story, I loved that dog.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a 10 foot long, thick Burmese Python in 1989. It went out an open window one day in the middle of summer and never saw it again. My stoopid roomate left the window open. It showed up in December a couple of miles away in East Hartford. The cold brought it out and somebody hit it with a car.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
somebody hit it with a car.
View Quote
On purpose I presume.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My dog was as gentle as a lamb to us, She was a stray. Very protective. I cried when my mother gave her away. It chokes me up a little telling this story, I loved that dog.
View Quote
They certainly have a special path straight to our hearts.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had a 10 foot long, thick Burmese Python in 1989. It went out an open window one day in the middle of summer and never saw it again. My stoopid roomate left the window open. It showed up in December a couple of miles away in East Hartford. The cold brought it out and somebody hit it with a car.
View Quote
Damn!

I had a 14' burmese.  I was 16ish....holding it outside, it tried to bite me so I grabbed it behind the head and held it with its mouth open as it coiled around my arm.  My younger sister had to help get it off of me.  I was a little nervous to say the least.....
Fun times.  
I also had a 10' red tail boa.
Those were the two monsters I've had.  Never again with giant snakes.  Picture a 100lb lab shitting in a tub and you have to clean it up indoors; it's much worse than that.....so that got old fast.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My BIL is a cop and he had his house broken into recently, the asshole knew he was a cop and didn't care. It doesn't matter who you are not what steps you take to prevent a break in. If certain people have an idea of what you have in your house they will try and take it....fucking scum bags....

The bottom line is I understand why you have a security system and after what happened to him I think everyone should...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My BIL is a cop and he had his house broken into recently, the asshole knew he was a cop and didn't care. It doesn't matter who you are not what steps you take to prevent a break in. If certain people have an idea of what you have in your house they will try and take it....fucking scum bags....

The bottom line is I understand why you have a security system and after what happened to him I think everyone should...
View Quote
My father was a policeman. He caught a burglar in his house while on duty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its really sad, people don't give a fuck who you are or what you could do to them... If you have something worth stealing they WILL try...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll go one step further and say alarms are not enough, everyone (here at least) should invest in cameras, too. The tech is available and fairly cheap.

My wife and I went back and forth on it for a while. I wanted them, she didn't think we needed them. Finally, I found the right words and just said, "what's the point of having an alarm if we never caught the guy whole broke in? I want to know who took my shit so we can eventually get it back."
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll go one step further and say alarms are not enough, everyone (here at least) should invest in cameras, too. The tech is available and fairly cheap.

My wife and I went back and forth on it for a while. I wanted them, she didn't think we needed them. Finally, I found the right words and just said, "what's the point of having an alarm if we never caught the guy whole broke in? I want to know who took my shit so we can eventually get it back."
View Quote
If anyone needs a good, trustworthy alarm/security(including cameras)/ home theater company I have a very close friend who does the installs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Snakes are scary to intruders
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Snakes are scary to intruders
View Quote
Ya...trouser snakes scare the fuck out of most people that's why sleep naked

Just kidding
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#31]
For anyone who doesn't think Facebook is listening; this ad just popped up on my page.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#32]
For some reason I can't embed a youtube video on arfcom, but here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsu6WN3R2J8
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I said I would post some pics, but I've been having crazy problems with tinypic.....I'm done with that horrible website.  

Another image hosting site that has failed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the one!  Look at the blood.  Good doggie!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats pretty much what our house looked like when we came home- a crime scene
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
24 dollars fix that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Update guys.  My wife has a friend that is taking them.  The couple has other snakes as well, so they know what they're doing, which is great.  Not that snake care is difficult or horrifying as some of you may think

Tarantulas, on the other hand are a little scary, especially when they can move faster than human reflexes.

Now we only have a cat and a dog.  Getting a little more normal around here!  Although the snakes are a much easier pet than a cat or dog.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Update guys.  My wife has a friend that is taking them.  The couple has other snakes as well, so they know what they're doing, which is great.  Not that snake care is difficult or horrifying as some of you may think

Tarantulas, on the other hand are a little scary, especially when they can move faster than human reflexes.

Now we only have a cat and a dog.  Getting a little more normal around here!  Although the snakes are a much easier pet than a cat or dog.
View Quote
They're all gone?  Damn.  I wanted the tarantulas.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
....Now we only have a cat and a dog. ......
View Quote
I bet the cat and the dog are relieved.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#40]
The cat would actually get mesmerized by the snakes moving around in their enclosures.  She loves them! Haha

Conn.....the unknown is scary
My mother in law is from Peru......she thinks the snakes are evil, possibly even the devil......
I'm pretty sure she tried to cast a spell on them or something
My grandmother is also from Peru, she doesn't mind the snakes at all.

I've had snakes/spiders/lizards/frogs for more than half of my life....I can't remember a time when I didn't need to go to the pet store to buy crickets and rats.  This is gonna be tough, but it's time to move on.  

What I need to make sure I do is convince my son when he gets older that reptiles are awesome.  Then I can live vicariously through him
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The cat would actually get mesmerized by the snakes moving around in their enclosures.  She loves them! Haha

Conn.....the unknown is scary
My mother in law is from Peru......she thinks the snakes are evil, possibly even the devil......
I'm pretty sure she tried to cast a spell on them or something
My grandmother is also from Peru, she doesn't mind the snakes at all.

I've had snakes/spiders/lizards/frogs for more than half of my life....I can't remember a time when I didn't need to go to the pet store to buy crickets and rats.  This is gonna be tough, but it's time to move on.  

What I need to make sure I do is convince my son when he gets older that reptiles are awesome.  Then I can live vicariously through him
View Quote
It's OK.  If I got them, I was going to set them on fire immediately anyway.  All. Spiders. Must. Die.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I went to school with a kid with an iguana. It was fat and huge and its tail broke off.

I would just sit on the carpet in the dining room. The dog don't mind it either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top