Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 8:02:29 AM EDT
While I didn't expect a different ultimate outcome it's evident that NONE of the Democrats, who know better, have the balls to stand up against their leadership and fail this decision?  I guess not.  Even Nancy Wyman had to know that this budget agreement will hamstring the coming administrations be they democrat or republican.  It would have been a historic event had she voted "no" and failed the agreement so it could be reexamined and shortened.  Nope, the Democrats do one thing very well: they tow the party line, period.  This state is slipping into the void and that vote was one opportunity to throw a lifeline but, instead, the state will continue to slide down the slippery slope.   I can not wait to leave this place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
990 Prospect Avenue Hartford Year 2027....

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
990 Prospect Avenue Hartford Year 2027....

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/packard_0702.jpg
View Quote
It's going to look like Waterbury?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Unreal.    They must have made a calculated decision and figured that the Republicans would take over and they can blame them in 4 years when this thing implodes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
... it includes a four-year no-layoff clause and locks in pension and health benefits until 2027.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
... it includes a four-year no-layoff clause and locks in pension and health benefits until 2027.
I wish I could have gotten one of those!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
yup this is a killer. smoked the state down to the ground
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It's time to flood the state with muslim refugees so they can save the state.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Is anyone really surprised? Did anyone really expect a different outcome from Democrats? Their ideology forces them to avoid and ignore basic math in order to appease their voting base. They KNOW they are burning the state to the ground and driving it off a cliff. They are simply kicking the can down the road and hoping they can blame it on someone else. They know their voting base won't care because the media in CT will carry the Democrat's water and divert and blame others while taxes get jacked through the roof once again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top