Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2017 1:18:17 PM EDT
About as smart as wearing a black shirt on a 100° day.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, he is fucked. Idiot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not defending the guy, but who is to say this really happened without evidence.

Anyone could be pissed off and say someone pointed a black gun at them.  Black guns are common.  Black semi autos are common.  What are the chances someone claims this happened without even knowing if the person had a gun.  They thought they would take a chance and make the claim.  Maybe yes.  Maybe no.

Women are caught all the time making false rape charges.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not defending the guy, but who is to say this really happened without evidence.

Anyone could be pissed off and say someone pointed a black gun at them.  Black guns are common.  Black semi autos are common.  What are the chances someone claims this happened without even knowing if the person had a gun.  They thought they would take a chance and make the claim.  Maybe yes.  Maybe no.

View Quote
That's why I have a dash cam. Too many nutjobs on the road.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't argue your point. It's very possible.

In the end though, unless there is a witness I would bet this gets dropped as a he /said she said.

I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who knows ? Maybe he had a CCDL sticker or other gun manufacturer decals on his vehicle
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the end though, unless there is a witness I would bet this gets dropped as a he /said she said.
View Quote
You must be new to CT, this will be prosecuted to the fullest of the law.... don't fool yourself.  If this can be calibrated by anyone else, or video.... he will probably be going to prison for his lapse in judgement.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which camera do you use?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which camera do you use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which camera do you use?
https://www.amazon.com/SpyTec-Camera-GPS-Logger-Recording/dp/B01HN0HBFG?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Incredibly low profile compared to most, no battery to be effected by temperature- this is the capacitor model, and great resolution and FPS. If you search A119 they'll be some YouTube reviews. It gets regular software updates as well supposedly but I haven't bothered. There are a bunch that look like this, but they vary greatly in quality, same way that the same China factory makes everything from Holosun, Primary Arms exacting contract requests, and airsoft junk.

Eta: If you want GPS logging/geotagging, the new V2 version has a GPS mount rather than a separate unit. I didn't want that so I just got the plain one. I also hardwired mine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.amazon.com/SpyTec-Camera-GPS-Logger-Recording/dp/B01HN0HBFG?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Incredibly low profile compared to most, no battery to be effected by temperature- this is the capacitor model, and great resolution and FPS. If you search A119 they'll be some YouTube reviews. It gets regular software updates as well supposedly but I haven't bothered. There are a bunch that look like this, but they vary greatly in quality, same way that the same China factory makes everything from Holosun, Primary Arms exacting contract requests, and airsoft junk.

Eta: If you want GPS logging/geotagging, the new V2 version has a GPS mount rather than a separate unit. I didn't want that so I just got the plain one. I also hardwired mine.
View Quote
How hard is it to hardwire? Does it automatically turn on and off with car? Does it automatically save over itself?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How hard is it to hardwire? Does it automatically turn on and off with car? Does it automatically save over itself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's as hard to hardwire as anything else, if you've done it before. You can do cigarette plug which most people do, or hardwire. Hardwire you run it from the fuse box by your left knee, up the A pillar under the weather stripping, across the headliner edge to where your rearview mirror is. It's a little power tap that looks like a fuse, then a little transformer box the size of a matchbox.

If you hardwire it to a fuse slot that turns off when the car turns off, it will automatically switch to capacitor power until the capacitor is drained. Which is great, because you get surveillance for your parked car.

If you hardwire it to an always on slot, it will do just that and drain your car battery. I only had my battery go dead on some very cold winter days. I had already used the on/off slot so I had accidentally attached the dash cam to an always on slot. I just need to find someone familiar with this car to tell me which fuse slots are off/on. The internet was surprisingly unhelpful, lots of diagrams on which slot is what, but not their power setting.

They automatically save over itself, but you can disable that, adjust loop sizes, lots of settings and options. That red triangle button is the "mark" or "incident" button. It tags that portion of the video and prevents overwrite before and after it.

Eta: My car capabilities end at changing tire/break pads/oil, and I did a totally clean stealth install job in under an hour, in the dark lol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool, very helpful thanks. I wonder if I can patch into my powered rearview mirror? I guess that would depend on how much power they both draw and what the line is given?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cool, very helpful thanks. I wonder if I can patch into my powered rearview mirror? I guess that would depend on how much power they both draw and what the line is given?
View Quote
You absolutely can. In fact most of the how-to's for my car we're for the power mirror tap, which this time I actually didn't want.

The small black thing partially hidden by the dot pattern is the dash cam.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's as hard to hardwire as anything else, if you've done it before. You can do cigarette plug which most people do, or hardwire. Hardwire you run it from the fuse box by your left knee, up the A pillar under the weather stripping, across the headliner edge to where your rearview mirror is. It's a little power tap that looks like a fuse, then a little transformer box the size of a matchbox.

If you hardwire it to a fuse slot that turns off when the car turns off, it will automatically switch to capacitor power until the capacitor is drained. Which is great, because you get surveillance for your parked car.

If you hardwire it to an always on slot, it will do just that and drain your car battery. I only had my battery go dead on some very cold winter days. I had already used the on/off slot so I had accidentally attached the dash cam to an always on slot. I just need to find someone familiar with this car to tell me which fuse slots are off/on. The internet was surprisingly unhelpful, lots of diagrams on which slot is what, but not their power setting.

They automatically save over itself, but you can disable that, adjust loop sizes, lots of settings and options. That red triangle button is the "mark" or "incident" button. It tags that portion of the video and prevents overwrite before and after it.

Eta: My car capabilities end at changing tire/break pads/oil, and I did a totally clean stealth install job in under an hour, in the dark lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grab a 2 dorrar test light a autozone. It will take you 2 min
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you! Because Winter is Coming lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top