Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2017 8:23:46 AM EDT
The best time of the year is rapidly approaching and in anticipation its time to get the ball rolling. I want to do a live draft this year; where we can discuss and vote on any rule changes just prior to the draft. During this meeting anything can change if it is voted through with simple majority. That can include prize amount and structure, rules, etc. So if you have ideas, write them down or post them in here.

Link to last years archived thread. Congrats to REMYDOG on the win!

As of now, to keep it friendly, buy in is one (new in wrapper) 10 round Pmag, winner takes all. No divisions, 6 team playoff, 10-12 players max.

Assuming everyone who played last year is still in, we need at least one new player (we're losing 98Cobra, banishment for non-payment), and we can take up to five new players. If you want in, just post it in this thread.

Rules will be custom non-ppr. Most notably, there are penalties for missed kicks, picks & pick-sixes, fumbles etc. QBs get 1pt per 20 passing yards and 4pts per passing TD (1pt/10rushing & 6pts/rushing TD), most skill players get yardage bonus's at milestones. I will post the full rules later.

All trades must pass league vote. Votes, once agreed upon by the trading parties, must be posted in the Leagues Official CTHTF thread where it will remain up for vote for 24 hours. Simple majority is needed for veto, anyone who does not submit a vote will be considered as being ok with it.

Snake draft.

Roster:
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE(flex)
Kicker
Defensive Team
Independent Defensive Player
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench

Online/live draft, date to be decided pending participant availabilities.

Teams:
1. zegermanznew
2. Conndcj
3. Iraq_Vet_SSG
4. youngpup70
5. Remydog
6. CTjer
7. Mikehikes

More to come. GO GIANTS!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably won't watch much Football this year, but I'll still play.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Probably won't watch much Football this year, but I'll still play.
View Quote
Redskins fan?

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Team MRAP reporting for duty.
"We will shoot you, or, if you're not home, your dog"

A suggestion. If we get together for the draft, everyone should bring their Pmag right then and give you a couple of bucks to eventually ship them to the winner. That way you have all the mags upfront  and everyone saves a ton on shipping.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Team MRAP reporting for duty.
"We will shoot you, or, if you're not home, your dog"

A suggestion. If we get together for the draft, everyone should bring their Pmag right then and give you a couple of bucks to eventually ship them to the winner. That way you have all the mags upfront  and everyone saves a ton on shipping.
View Quote
Thats a great idea.

Shipping is ~$10, y'all can keep your $2 each, I'm not worried about it. If I won I'd feel obligated to mail you all back your $2.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Team MRAP double tap
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in. already got my mag.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Redskins fan?

View Quote
Maybe worse......JETS.  

Not the whole reason though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I will play again. After all, I need to defend muh rights from the evil dark forces. I will grab another 10 rounder although I still feel dirty from having one in my house from last year. Anyone have any deals on them right now?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will play again. After all, I need to defend muh rights from the evil dark forces. I will grab another 10 rounder although I still feel dirty from having one in my house from last year. Anyone have any deals on them right now?
View Quote
Lol, nice.

I don't know about deals at the moment. I usually just order from MagCommander.com
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Im in!! I may have to pick up a PMAG not sure if I have a box of unwrapped somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome! As long as @youngpup70 is in we'll have all of last years teams. Then we just need one or three more teams.

@Andrapos ?

If any banned members are reading this, you're also invited.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If any banned members are reading this, you're also invited.
View Quote
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Make sure Cobra98 is invited.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you in or what? I know it's pretty expensive but I think you can swing it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read here.
View Quote
Blood in blood out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have zero interest in real football and even less in fantasy football. I jut don't get adults playing fantasy sports.

Sorry man I would do it only if you needed one more to make it work.

I haven't been to Avon prime Meats so I can still afford it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have zero interest in real football and even less in fantasy football. I jut don't get adults playing fantasy sports.

View Quote
Do you get adults playing blackjack or poker? It's like that except better.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I do not get gambling.

Like I said I think fantasy sports is something kids do. Do you guys dress up as players too?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Like I said I think fantasy sports is something kids do. Do you guys dress up as players too?
View Quote
I don't gamble.  Never have.  

I know this will come as a horrendous shock to you but you're not the adult of the CTHTF.  We're playing for a fucking PMAG.  If we were playing for cash prizes with entry fees, I wouldn't do it.

It's fun and adds a little camrodery here.  The main reason to play fantasy football as anyone knows, is to continually and brutally make fun of everyone.  I would think you would like that as you're a natural.

As to dressing up, of course we do.  Makes it more realistic.  You're not a man until you can drink a beer through a football helmet facemask.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't gamble.  Never have.  

I know this will come as a horrendous shock to you but you're not the adult of the CTHTF.  We're playing for a fucking PMAG.  If we were playing for cash prizes with entry fees, I wouldn't do it.

It's fun and adds a little camrodery here.  The main reason to play fantasy football as anyone knows, is to continually and brutally make fun of everyone.  I would think you would like that as you're a natural.

As to dressing up, of course we do.  Makes it more realistic.  You're not a man until you can drink a beer through a football helmet facemask.
View Quote
The ball busting is right up my alley.

I know nothing about football. I have not watched a super bowl in 20 years let alone a regular season game. The only player I heard of is Tom Brady because he got caught cheating. So I doubt I would make a great addition to your club.

I would play just to see you in those tight pants.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ball busting has started.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#25]
48 days until kickoff.

We still need another player. If we don't get it in the next week or two I'm going to open it up to another states HTF at random and create two divisions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
48 days until kickoff.

We still need another player. If we don't get it in the next week or two I'm going to open it up to another states HTF at random and create two divisions.
View Quote
Team MRAP is looking good.  Just finished mini-camp and with our new stadium I really think we are going to be competitive this year.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Team MRAP is looking good.  Just finished mini-camp and with our new stadium I really think we are going to be competitive this year.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I got our guy.  We are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got our guy.  We are GTG.
View Quote
Nice, I'll try and get something going in the next day or two to sort out a draft date/time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok guys, we need a draft date. The weekend of September 2/3 is the last weekend before the season kicks off. We'll start there and work backwards.

Who can be available September 2nd (Saturday) or 3rd (Sunday)? Monday the 4th is Labor Day.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't have time for these games, hockey is boring anyways. 
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok guys, we need a draft date. The weekend of September 2/3 is the last weekend before the season kicks off. We'll start there and work backwards.

Who can be available September 2nd (Saturday) or 3rd (Sunday)? Monday the 4th is Labor Day.
View Quote
Tough weekend to draft, but I'll make do with whatever.    I think I missed the draft last year and did ok.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Any update on draft date or getting the 8th player. My schedule is getting real tight for next weekend. Weigh ins on Saturday and first game on Sunday for my team that weekend. Would need later afternoons for sure.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any update on draft date or getting the 8th player. My schedule is getting real tight for next weekend. Weigh ins on Saturday and first game on Sunday for my team that weekend. Would need later afternoons for sure.
View Quote
Because we were not able to come to an agreement this year, I believe there is a lockout for this season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I was just gonna let this die off. I'm crazy busy this year and if it worked out easy enough and fell into place I woulda kept it going. Nobody (or one person) replied after asking about trying to get a draft date figured and honestly I just don't have the time to go tracking people down this year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No worries.  you have a lot 9n your plate.  This is for fun, not adding to your work load.

Team MRAP was going to dominate anyway so you guys lucked out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No worries.  you have a lot 9n your plate.  This is for fun, not adding to your work load.

Team MRAP was going to dominate anyway so you guys lucked out.
View Quote
yea I was feeling bad how little time I was going to have to do this... that works for me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok no worries zeg. I agree with conn, just for fun. When it adds to stress, why even bother. I know I don't have the time to set this stuff up. I appreciate your effort. I will continue to lick my wounds from last season and hope we can pick up next year.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Do I get to remain champion until dethroned?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do I get to remain champion until dethroned?
View Quote
Absolutely
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top