Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2017 11:17:39 PM EDT
Any suggestions for a good place to hunt coyote on state land, prefer Fairfield,Litchfield county?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that area, but I would just pick one and hunt it. Yotes are everywhere
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Naugatuck SF.  There is a block down in Seymour/Ansonia. I go in the block by High Rock.

Also Centennial Watershed, bow only but I've seen a few along the road on my way to work.  

DEEP has a map section on their website.

You know 22Mag is legal now too.

I'm not a serious coyote hunter
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Naugatuck SF.  There is a block down in Seymour/Ansonia. I go in the block by High Rock.

Also Centennial Watershed, bow only but I've seen a few along the road on my way to work.  

DEEP has a map section on their website.

You know 22Mag is legal now too.

I'm not a serious coyote hunter
View Quote
kind of funny how it took this long to make 22 mag legal on state land. everyone i knew who owned one ditched them for .17s and never looked back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Some things just don't make sense.  Especially when it involves CT and lawmakers.

I thought about getting a 22Mag but I think it'll be too destructive for my needs.  The 17 was .
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the state allow semi's on yotes? Franklin Armory or someone like that makes a .17 AR pattern.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does the state allow semi's on yotes? Franklin Armory or someone like that makes a .17 AR pattern.
View Quote
they do, but 17 semis have a really bad rep, killing off the birth of the cartridge
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone use .22 ?  I have a Ruger 77/22 & 10/22 that I was going to task.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Other than a few times w/ 223, I've always used 204 to get the yotes.
The 32gr V-Max is no joke.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
If I was going to use my 22 I'd use the Win 42gr power Max. I shoot the sub sonics and have rolled some huge Coons with it.  Also heard great things about CCI Velocitor.

I know the Win round is from Win AUS and I believe they've used it on kangaroo
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used #2 out of a turkey choke on state land. Had worked well enough
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
they do, but 17 semis have a really bad rep, killing off the birth of the cartridge
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very 'splody.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top