Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1993 list or 2013 list?
View Quote
1993 List.

Colt AR-15 and Sporter no go. A1, A2, etc all good as well as PWA, Eagle, etc.

No AKs, or HK91s etc.

This was straight from my FFL who also talked to the state. There is much wrangling going on up there apparently with what to do about everything that is already out there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

which FFLs have been told to stop transferring
View Quote
As far as I have comfirmed, Fairfield County Firearms, DLD, and Stamford Tactical (didnt get this one from the owner himself). I have not spoken to any other shop owners.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As far as I have comfirmed, Fairfield County Firearms, DLD, and Stamford Tactical (didnt get this one from the owner himself). I have not spoken to any other shop owners.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which FFLs have been told to stop transferring
thank you
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

1993 List.

No AKs, or HK91s etc.

This was straight from my FFL who also talked to the state. There is much wrangling going on up there apparently with what to do about everything that is already out there.
View Quote
At least the Colts and HKs will still have some value outside of CT. The PWA, DPMS, Olympics, etc would be nearly worthless elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1993 List.

No AKs, or HK91s etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1993 list or 2013 list?
1993 List.

No AKs, or HK91s etc.

So are you saying a colt ar15 A2 is good to go? Sorry, I'm a little late to the party..... just trying to catch up.

ETA: the one in question says spotter II on it as well, just an FYI.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So are you saying a colt ar15 A2 is good to go? Sorry, I'm a little late to the party..... just trying to catch up.
View Quote
Curious myself. That's what I'm having transferred hopefully by the weekend
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
As far as my FFL has indicated, the A2 would be good to go. Only the specifically listed firearms to the letter on the 93 list are no go. So no HK 91s but SR9Ts are good to go, etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Diedra, sam, Stacey, frank, Joanne, all from state said they have no idea what everyone is talking about and it's business as usual
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Diedra, sam, Stacey, frank, Joanne, all from state said they have no idea what everyone is talking about and it's business as usual
View Quote
I've heard similar from my FFL friends, while this is an issue, panicing and trolling will force an outcome that will inevitably be negative for us all. PLEASE don't post unverified information people. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've heard similar from my FFL friends, while this is an issue, panicing and trolling will force an outcome that will inevitably be negative for us all. PLEASE don't post unverified information people. 
View Quote
Exaclty...

MOD needs to lock this Bullshit thread down to avoid anymore opinion(s) and Bullshit info.

This thread is stupid and filled with useless info.

LOCK THIS THREAD.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exaclty...

MOD needs to lock this Bullshit thread down to avoid anymore opinion(s) and Bullshit info.

LOCK THIS THREAD.
View Quote
Yeah, lock it up. Total BS.

Multiple FFLs saying no more 1993 named items after a court decision that said pretty much exactly that, based in no small part on the current DPS commissioner's interpretation of the law. You guys do/say what you want. I am glad for the  info.  If it doesn't turn out to be true, no loss. If it does, then people had time to make moves they otherwise might have not had time to make, like getting named items off consignment or buying/selling something that might not be legal next week.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
To much he said she said BS !!! We want the facts sir !!!! No I can't give away the person who told me but this is what they said, so believe it !!! Trolls want to Troll !!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Exaclty...

LOCK THIS THREAD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exaclty...

LOCK THIS THREAD.
Agreed. There's a lot of bullshit in here. Lies, trying to get some excitement out of others .

The largest pre ban dealer in the state, is transferring, has not been called, vistited or received letters from the state . The Greyson's incident was a fabricated line.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To much he said she said BS !!! We want the facts sir !!!! No I can't give away the person who told me but this is what they said, so believe it !!! Trolls want to Troll !!!
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I am sure if and when anything changes the State will issue a letter and SBhaven will be along to post his usual wall of text.

is the 1993 list still listed in the law? or do we have to just know what was in there?

Until then, let's raise the flag.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe this is the 1993 list:

Algimec  Agmi; Armalite  AR-180;  Australian  Automatic  Arms SAP Pistol;  Auto-Ordnance  Thompson   type;  
Avtomat Kalashnikov  AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster  Auto  Rifle  and Auto Pistol;
Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered  Industries  of  Singapore  SR-88;  ColtAR-15  and  Sporter;  
Daewoo  K-1,  K-2, Max-1 and Max-2;  Encom  MK-IV,  MP-9  and  MP-45;  Fabrique Nationale  FN/FAL,  FN/LAR,  or  FN/FNC;
FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900  and XC-450;  Franchi  SPAS-12 and LAW-12;
Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine  and  High-Tech  Long Pistol;  Heckler  &  Koch  HK-91,
HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83;  MAC-10,  MAC-11  and  MAC-11 Carbine  type;  
Intratec  TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson  Enforcer  model  3000;  Ruger  Mini-14/5F folding  stock model only;
Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and  Auto Pistol;  Springfield  Armory BM59,
SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street  Sweeper and   Striker   12  revolving  cylinder  shotguns;
USAS-12; UZI  Carbine,  Mini-Carbine  and  Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe this is the 1993 list:

Algimec  Agmi; Armalite  AR-180;  Australian  Automatic  Arms SAP Pistol;  Auto-Ordnance  Thompson   type;  
Avtomat Kalashnikov  AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster  Auto  Rifle  and Auto Pistol;
Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered  Industries  of  Singapore  SR-88;  ColtAR-15  and  Sporter;  
Daewoo  K-1,  K-2, Max-1 and Max-2;  Encom  MK-IV,  MP-9  and  MP-45;  Fabrique Nationale  FN/FAL,  FN/LAR,  or  FN/FNC;
FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900  and XC-450;  Franchi  SPAS-12 and LAW-12;
Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine  and  High-Tech  Long Pistol;  Heckler  &  Koch  HK-91,
HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83;  MAC-10,  MAC-11  and  MAC-11 Carbine  type;  
Intratec  TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson  Enforcer  model  3000;  Ruger  Mini-14/5F folding  stock model only;
Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and  Auto Pistol;  Springfield  Armory BM59,
SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street  Sweeper and   Striker   12  revolving  cylinder  shotguns;
USAS-12; UZI  Carbine,  Mini-Carbine  and  Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol.
View Quote
Is this listed in the current law?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is this listed in the current law?
View Quote
Yes it is. FWIW, OLR even said the the law is written in a way that should have  left this list in effect. Commissioner Bradford said otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]
---
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am sure if and when anything changes the State will issue a letter and SBhaven will be along to post his usual wall of text.
View Quote
Hey now I've been fairly good as of late not to post a wall of text...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hey now I've been fairly good as of late not to post a wall of text...
View Quote
I like the old Sbhaven....this new one who only posts one sentence is lame.

A little Googling and I found the lists. There are still some things that are not listed. I think we have been living on borrowed time all along. This lastest court ruling is POSSIBLY making DESPP reissue their "opinion". When and if they do it will be in a letter and I am sure they will notify FFLs. I highly doubt they will call. When does a government agency call to give info? They always use mail.

You know how long it would take to call all the FFLs licensed in this state? Then if they do not get them they will have to leave messages and play phone tag. There are a bunch of kitchen table FFLs, clubs with FFLs and stores too. Googling says there are 662 in CT. They will notify by mail.

I think the "I got it from a good source" is not reliable unless that person called DESPP and asked. More likely they voluntarily have stopped pending a revised decision.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#25]
this just in ....right from the mouth of a friend of mine

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks for laying off. Haven't decided what to do yet, but you'll be the first to know.

You may not want one after this week though. Little birdie told me this morning that named items will be a no-go for transfers very soon.  Thankfully HK91s have value in other states if it comes to that.
View Quote
I'm an FFL.... worst case is I would have to surrender it to myself to sell out of state.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Owner of my preferred shop. Not my place to say who as the information is passed to me in confidence.
View Quote
Anonymous sources?  You must work for CNN.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those poor people must be made crazy by all this bullshit.  I don't know them, but I recently had great help from Joanne when my permit renewal form was a bit late getting to me.

Leave them alone!  (not directed specifically at you bikerman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wG_h3U568w
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread is filled with

RETARDISM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Those poor people must be made crazy by all this bullshit.  I don't know them, but I recently had great help from Joanne when my permit renewal form was a bit late getting to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya they don't really want to deal with more bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Seeing more and more ffls not hearing a word about this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think all the ffls who are pulling named items or are expecting the state to issue new guidance all have the same lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This thread is filled with

RETARDISM.
View Quote
Uh....the proper term is developmentally disabledism.

Please update your records to reflect this. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had to get a piece of equipment from Blue Line Tactical yesterday and I mentioned it, and they said nothing about a call or pulling guns. Just that he had heard of it. This was an employee. The owner had just walked out so I didn't ask him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had to get a piece of equipment from Blue Line Tactical yesterday and I mentioned it, and they said nothing about a call or pulling guns. Just that he had heard of it. This was an employee. The owner had just walked out so I didn't ask him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
employees ant delta and hoffmans also heard nothing but the online rumors.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Owner of my preferred shop. Not my place to say who as the information is passed to me in confidence.
Is this the Fake News I keep hearing about ?!?!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Straight from the top. Take if for whatever you want. I think things are gonna change.

> From: "dillon, kenneth" <[email protected]>
> Date: June 30, 2017 at 12:12:35 PM EDT
> Subject: RE: Pre-ban
>
> Sir,  
>
> The subject of pre ban rifles has recently come up a result of the court ruling in the Kaminsky VS DEESP.  As a result our agency will be putting something out to address this.  We are currently waiting on this information from legal affairs.  
>
> Ken Dillon
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

is the 1993 list still listed in the law? or do we have to just know what was in there?

Until now let's raise the flag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Until now let's raise the flag.

53-202m specifies that firearms there were identified as assault weapons by 53-202a(a)(3)&(4) as were in effect on 1 January 2013 are exempt from the general transfer restrictions and registration requirement. 53-202a(a)(3) identified any semi-automatic firearm as an assault weapon if it had certain features. 53-202a(a)(3) specifically excluded firearms defined as assault weapons under 53-202a(a)(1), which was the 1993/2001 make and type list as well as select fire firearms. 53-202a(a)(4) was the parts and combinations of parts language.

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes, revision of 1958, revised to January 1, 2013, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Head Spins.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Head Spins.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I knew a guy who worked in the movies.  He was working under the bed in "The Exorcist"
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Talked to a local dealer, expect answer from attorney general on Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does this mean he is actually going to appear as if he is doing something for once?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this mean he is actually going to appear as if he is doing something for once?
You may have been able to say that about the previous AG but not this one.  He does quite a bit even if you don't like it.

His office is the legal advisor to CSP.   I am sure we'll be hearing from him soon on this.  Hopefully in our favor.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol maybe so, I was told he comes back from vacation on Thursday and that they're expecting all pre-ban transfers to seize.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol maybe so, I was told he comes back from vacation on Thursday and that they're expecting all pre-ban transfers to seize.
View Quote
ALL prebans?  Thought just certain rifles were now in question?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still hoopla . Dealers are "expecting" this . I heard this from multiple ffls too. Still only hear say

The story now is the sandy hook lawsuit is going to fall flat, obviously would, and the ag wants to make them happy and get the fake tears to stop falling by banning pre ban transfers
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#49]
...I am sooooo confused at this point...Prebans on 93 list yay, nay,who knows........Reading this thread is like watching a tennis match.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Still hoopla . Dealers are "expecting" this . I heard this from multiple ffls too. Still only hear say

The story now is the sandy hook lawsuit is going to fall flat, obviously would, and the ag wants to make them happy and get the fake tears to stop falling by banning pre ban transfers
View Quote
Time will tell, just passing it on for what it's worth. The Sandy hook families just need to ride into the sunset.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top