Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 7:09:01 AM EDT
Do we need to submit a Photo on the CLEO notification copy?

Having a hard time getting my local Resident State trooper to take prints, anyone go through a troop barracks to get them done?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes

Just do your own prints. Call the ATF and ask for the fingerprint cards. They'll mail them for free and have the correct ORI number. Get a bunch and buy a quality ink pad. Easy peasy!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes

Just do your own prints. Call the ATF and ask for the fingerprint cards. They'll mail them for free and have the correct ORI number. Get a bunch and buy a quality ink pad. Easy peasy!
View Quote
I believe ATF will no longer accept prints not done by an officer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure where you are located but the Tolland Troop barracks does prints at shift change. 7am, 3pm and 11pm. I can tell you they try to make it a hassle. 10 cops standing around laughing and drinking coffee. The dispatcher tells you "we are really busy so it will be a little while, have a seat." Then after 20-30 minutes of BSing one of the "busy" cops comes out and takes you in the back for prints.

My son was just home on leave and wanted to apply for his pistol permit. We just went to DESPP headquarters in Middletown. They do them fairly quickly and the wait is dependent on the number of people in front of you not when they feel like working.

My local resident trooper office does the prints only if a "trooper is in the station and he is not too busy". The woman running the office told me that Manchester PD does prints too but only a couple days a week. You do not have to be Manchester resident.

If rolling your own is allowed that is the way to go. When we had to register our guns I did my own prints. I bought a fingerprint ink pad from Amazon for $7 or so. I practiced a few times first then rolled my own prints.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I believe ATF will no longer accept prints not done by an officer.
View Quote
I know the NFA world is surrounded by hearsay so I can understand if you've been misinformed.

ATF 41F states, numerous times,"The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them". They never say: qualified, certified, licensed, or police officer.

To override this final rule, the ATF would need to issue an official Ruling (published here). No Rulings have been published since 41F went into effect and so the requirements of 41F should be seen as the most current.

If you don't mind going to the barracks and waiting, this is an obvious alternative. But rolling your own is too easy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do we need to submit a Photo on the CLEO notification copy?

Having a hard time getting my local Resident State trooper to take prints, anyone go through a troop barracks to get them done?
View Quote

The form indicates that a photo should be attached- which is what I did in December when I submitted mine.

IN addition to looking at the police departments that has jurisdiction the town where you live / work, there are also some departments that will fingerprint anybody for money. I often go to West Hartford and have found them to be very efficient. They offer fingerprinting during record unit hours and are relatively efficient compared to some other towns.
[I also frequently go to Farmington- though they have a restrictive policy and only fingerprint people who reside or work in town.They have a great rate, and usually minimal wait time.]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How about AW cert? 2 copies? Like the prints?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about AW cert? 2 copies? Like the prints?
View Quote
Not sure what your asking but if your question is about rolling prints for the stupid AW certs then yes you can roll your own prints on that stupid form. No need to go to a police station or SLFU to have them roll the stupid AW cert form prints.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I already have my AW certs. How many copies of it need to be submitted to the ATF for a form 1?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Just one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top