Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 10:13:22 PM EDT
Earlier last week I ordered some 40 cal and some .380acp from a supplier.  Everything arrived on time and in excellent condition.  Into the range bag they went.

Today I did a class for two young men, one a Navy soldier home on leave and his buddy.  We get to the range and I toss him the new .380acp ammo and ask him to load some mags.  I did the other one.  Well, now.  Why wasn't that ammo fitting?  Maybe because what was in the bag was not .380 acp but 9mm!  The bag was clearly marked but the ammo was wrong.  That was a good lesson to share with two students.

I contacted the supplier and they're making it right immediately and will pick up the mismarked ammo on Monday.  In all my years I've been shooting, this has never happened.

Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Earlier last week I ordered some 40 cal and some .380acp from a supplier.  Everything arrived on time and in excellent condition.  Into the range bag they went.

Today I did a class for two young men, one a Navy soldierAirman home on leave and his buddy.  We get to the range and I toss him the new .380acp ammo and ask him to load some mags.  I did the other one.  Well, now.  Why wasn't that ammo fitting?  Maybe because what was in the bag was not .380 acp but 9mm!  The bag was clearly marked but the ammo was wrong.  That was a good lesson to share with two students.

I contacted the supplier and they're making it right immediately and will pick up the mismarked ammo on Monday.  In all my years I've been shooting, this has never happened.

Just thought I'd share.
View Quote

Fixed it for ya!

Special thanks to Cabinetman for doing a class for my son and his friend. Truly a great man and extremely knowledgable. The boys said the class "was great". It is something when young men their age say they learned a bunch of good info.

They did not mention the ammo debacle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fixed it for ya!

Special thanks to Cabinetman for doing a class for my son and his friend. Truly a great man and extremely knowledgable. The boys said the class "was great". It is something when young men their age say they learned a bunch of good info.

They did not mention the ammo debacle.
View Quote
Airman is Air Force
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Airman is Air Force
View Quote
No, you dummy! Air Force is submariners!

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Airman is Air Force
View Quote
Nope, Navy has Airman. Who do you think keeps aircraft on carriers and other boats flying?

Read about it
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Damn, I'm all mixed up. I thought they were called sky sailors.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Wouldn't seaman be more appropriate unless specifically mentioning an MOS that's aeronautical in nature?

ETA: At least that's what 90% of dirty sailor jokes have taught me! 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]
What I meant to say was "Navy Sailor" while generically correct, not specific enough.  The young pup is looking forward to possibly a career there.  He shoots expert for them but I had to give him a "safety class" don't ya know.

Rome
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wouldn't seaman be more appropriate unless specifically mentioning an MOS that's aeronautical in nature?

ETA: At least that's what 90% of dirty sailor jokes have taught me! 
View Quote
Seaman Apprentice is coded for airman, fireman, or seaman, with different colored stripes for each class.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nope, Navy has Airman. Who do you think keeps aircraft on carriers and other boats flying?

Read about it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Airman is Air Force

Read about it
Civilian contractors* keep aircraft flying.  

I fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Was the ammo from a supplier of reloads or new?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
It came from a well-known supplier who got it from a very well known reloads maker.  Their actual identities aren't necessary here because it was just a mistake. I've shot their stuff many times over the years.  The ammo is factory fresh but just in once-shot brass.  This was a labeling issue for sure.  It posed no danger to me because the 9mm is bigger than 380acp and would not load into the mag.  No, it should not happen and in some other circumstance, it could be an issue.  I also could have been supplementing my supply and just buried it into a ammo box for the coming year.  Then it would have been more difficult to exchange as easily as I did this time.  The lesson learned here?  Check any ammo you purchase that's not in a sealed ammo can.  Human error can occur and most probably will if you are into this discipline for any length of time so you've got to be vigilant at all time and me not checking that what was in the sealed bag was an oversight on my part, never to happen again.

Rome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top