Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 5:04:14 PM EDT
I could not have been happier to have received a call from a Coast Guard commander who was a neighbor of my daughter.  HE offered us 2 VIP tickets to see the president speak to the 2017 class at the Coast Guard Academy in New London.  

I just got back.  It was a sweltering day, 2-1/2 hours in the sun but well worth the time and effort.  I never met so many secret service fellas.  Also, never saw so many snipers perched on the building roofs and even across the river to prevent access there.  Had to be 100 guys all decked out.  

I've got a ton of photos that I'm going to go through and I'll put up a few a bit later when I've got time to drill through them.  The president gave an excellent, down-home type of speech to these young ensigns, the bulk of which was aimed at them and their mission but and got a few jabs in at the end, too.  I was there and heard every word.  The press, in the meantime, could do nothing but criticize him for saying he was one of the most hated presidents, ever.  It may have been an exaggeration but not far from the truth.  He also made it clear that he cares nothing for the press or the politicians but was elected by us and is working just for the average citizen.  There were a number of notable applauses and cheers.  It was a crowd made for him.  Trump took this event from Pence.  He even stood there and handed out all 197 diplomas and had a photo taken with every coastie.  It was really wonderful and it looked like he was having a good time.

The flyover was "ok".  A Hercules and two choppers right when the invocation was being given!  

Here are a few photos.  I've got an excellent long lens that performed well that day.  

RomeAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.. can't wait for the pics.. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Bravo!

Making America Great Again!!!!

GO TRUMP!!!

Fuck the media, the intelligence services trying to take down Trump while spying on U.S. citizens, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and demo/commies, and the Republican "never Trumpers".

Oh.... and FUCK DAN MALLOY!

MAGA!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I went in 98,  Albright spoke.   Do a sub leave port during the ceremony?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, we walked right behind the "good" side of the crowd, along the wall behind the tree.  You walk about 50 yards and you're into the Academy and their security.

I was given a VIP pass and that would have allowed me to simply enter.  Rather, we were arriving within 20 minutes of the ceremony so we were all hustled through metal detectors and secret service wanding.

It was quite the show there, lemme tell you.  If you haven't been up close and personal with that behavior it is a bit unsettling.

R
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went in 98,  Albright spoke.   Do a sub leave port during the ceremony?
View Quote
No sub but there was supposedly a cutter in the river that was supposed to coordinate with the flyover.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
great pics and info!  MAGA
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Did Ma  aaaa  llllllloooooooyyy show up
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Buncha waterhead protestors came down from Conn College, I see...and maybe some Section 8'ers from a few streets over, too...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top