Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 3:11:16 PM EDT
I shot this particular pistol about a year ago at a family event and really enjoyed it.  It's in 40 caliber (obviously) and I loved the ergonomics very very much.  I was also able to double tap with it easily as opposed to my .45 which poses some difficulty to me for some reason.  Anyway, what I was really surprised to discover is that you can switch calibers by simply switching barrels!  You can go from a .40 to a 9mm, for instance.  I was really surprised as I had not heard of such a thing before.  You use the same mags, too, supposedly.   The new barrels are drop-in ready, too, and run about $145 or so.  The pistol, new, cost a lot more than that so you can carry .40 but practice with 9mm.  Just curious if anyone else out there has one.

Rome
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most modern tupperware guns do this. Glock for example. Needs to be .40 to 9 though, can't go the other way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think most modern tupperware guns do this. Glock for example. Needs to be .40 to 9 though, can't go the other way.
View Quote
Yup. What he said. But Glocks don't have dat GripZone, tho...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an XDS-9/ 4.0. Even though I am a Glock fan, I like the gun a lot.

The .40 is a good carry round, which I am pretty heavily invested in. My first experience with the .40 was with a CZ PCR (iirc) that I had the opportunity to try- which turned me off. I subsequently  had the opportunity to buy and shoot numerous other .40 pistols and I have come to like the round.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the .40 s&w. It is definitely the love it or hate it round. Most people who love it solely base their opinion on the whole 45 stopping 9 capacity argument. I like it for other reasons. It has an indefensible recoil snap, so I wouldn't ever buy a sub compact one, but on a medium to large frame it is more than manageable. It is also my competition round of choice. I load 200gr bullets with just enough powder to cycle a lighter recoil spring. That makes a round that has lighter recoil than any factory 9mm, but still drops steel with ease. For self defense, current 9mm offerings are very dependable stoppers and pistol rounds really depend on placement, but it certainly won't hurt to have a bigger bullet with very good penetration if soft cover is concerned. I don't think it is better or worse than 9mm or .45 depending on use, but it certainly doesn't deserve any hate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really like the .40 s&w. It is definitely the love it or hate it round. Most people who love it solely base their opinion on the whole 45 stopping 9 capacity argument. I like it for other reasons. It has an indefensible recoil snap, so I wouldn't ever buy a sub compact one, but on a medium to large frame it is more than manageable. It is also my competition round of choice. I load 200gr bullets with just enough powder to cycle a lighter recoil spring. That makes a round that has lighter recoil than any factory 9mm, but still drops steel with ease. For self defense, current 9mm offerings are very dependable stoppers and pistol rounds really depend on placement, but it certainly won't hurt to have a bigger bullet with very good penetration if soft cover is concerned. I don't think it is better or worse than 9mm or .45 depending on use, but it certainly doesn't deserve any hate.
View Quote
I could not agree more.  I sold my Para Ordnance  P13-45 that I invested a lot of custom work on because I could not for the life of me double tap for squat.  I even had custom ammo made (using shotgun powder) that worked great but was so expensive.  I wouldn't change springs because I didn't want to be trapped with needing custom ammo forever.  So I sold it and bought a Beretta 96D.  DAO was ok but the trigger way too long and the gun big and heavy.  I shot the XD40 I bought last year and the fella remembered that I wanted to buy it and called me last week and we did the deal.  I had the 12 round mags blocked (thanks to a suggestion from Edge!) and now I'm set to go.  I love the ergonomics of this gun and I'm looking forward to making it my carry piece outside of a Keltec I carry all the time.  You're right about the muzzle flip being almost non existent for some reason.  

Anyway I appreciate your inputs here.  It's been a while since I bought a handgun and I'm looking forward to hitting the range with it soon.

Rome
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
If Springfield comes out with an XD or XD compact in 10mm I will be happier than a pig in shit, but I'm not a girly-man and I don't want 9mm or 40 S&W
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would you buy from the redcoats!?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why would you buy from the redcoats!?
View Quote
The British?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually they're made in Croatia.  And, if you go to the SA website, you'll find that they have addressed the political issue that got them in hot water initially.  Seems like they've got their heads screwed on properly now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Have an XD .40 5". Got for a steal at Hoffmans promo years ago. A nice pistol.

Curious about using the same .40 mag for a 9mm conversion.
Is that really true? Would def look into doing it if so.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't tried the XD specifically, but they work fine in HK and Glock pistols. The mag bodies are the exact same, just feed lip spacing. 40 will still hold a 9. I've had no feed issues during range time and games, but that said I wouldn't carry crossed mags.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
That is because they got what they wanted.  But it doesn't matter much here because you bought it used.

Easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission.

Quoted:
Actually they're made in Croatia.  And, if you go to the SA website, you'll find that they have addressed the political issue that got them in hot water initially.  Seems like they've got their heads screwed on properly now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still inexcusable and they got caught in a lie. They were intentionally subversive and sold out gun owners to get a carve out in an anti-gun bill. Full stop. You don't pay a lobbiest a multi-hundred thousand dollar salary and not know what he's up to. They even have transcripts of prior engagements where they said they knew
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven't tried the XD specifically, but they work fine in HK and Glock pistols. The mag bodies are the exact same, just feed lip spacing. 40 will still hold a 9. I've had no feed issues during range time and games, but that said I wouldn't carry crossed mags.
View Quote
Good to know. Will have to try it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#15]
No tolerance for anyone or any company who does anything remotely anti 2A. There CEO is the head of the lobby which supported the bill in the Illinois senate they were well aware of their actions. Passive attitude like that is why we lose our rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top