Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 6:21:02 PM EDT
now we get temp. lic when it expires till we renew then they mail to you .reason to stop id theft. how does this stop id theft? don't think mail gets stolen/ AND THEY PAY POSTAGE MORE MONEY FROM A NEG BUGET this state raelly makes no sense get rid if dem!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?

In English please.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
now we get temp. lic when it expires till we renew then they mail to you .reason to stop id theft. how does this stop id theft? don't think mail gets stolen/ AND THEY PAY POSTAGE MORE MONEY FROM A NEG BUGET this state raelly makes no sense get rid if dem!!
View Quote

Looks like someone hit the bottle/pipe a bit early yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wat?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
No such thing as "early".
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
And that's why they call it dope....
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Im just here to up my post count
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]
say what you want but go to motor veh web page and check it out for yourslf
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Your OP post was gibberish hence the poking fun.

You could have provided a link, like this one (http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=805&q=590166), so people could have put the initial post into some context.

Overview

To increase the security of customer identities, DMV and AAA will begin transitioning in Spring 2017 from issuing cards in their offices to printing and mailing them from a secure facility.  This new approach aims to prevent identity theft and fraud.  If your renewal occurs after this transition, you will keep your expiring card and will receive a temporary one.  DMV will soon be sending to customers with expiring license and ID cards a renewal notice with this information.

The New Process

Beginning in Spring 2017, DMV plans to transition to a new process for issuing driver licenses and ID cards. Under the new process, called central issuance, customers will no longer receive their permanent driver license and ID cards while at the office.

After fraud checks have been completed to ensure a customer’s identity, a newly designed and more secure driver license/ID will be printed at a central facility. The permanent driver license/ID card will be mailed to the specified mailing address on the customer’s application and customers should receive them within 20 calendar days.

At the office, customers will receive a paper license/ID for temporary use until the permanent driver license/ID card arrives in the mail. Customers can keep the expiring driver license/ID card.
CT DMV has LOOOOOONG had problems with DMV employees creating fake licenses (***cough**** for illegals ***cough****), this appears to be one way they are trying to crack down on that.

Not really all that worked up over this new method of issuing drivers licenses. We get a temp pistol permit before we get the state issued one. However, what sucks balls is one no longer can use Fairfield or New Haven AAA offices for DMV services like renewing drivers licenses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got a verified license 2 weeks ago from AAA in west harford.

Took about 15min. So i guess this isnt in effect
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Theys sent me a emissions late fee for my camaro which is exempt.  I owe one for my mazda
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The state of CT alread allows for illegals to obtain a valid license. I wonder how many fraudulent ones are out there.
View Quote
Yeah they apparently changed it recently (around 2014). Seems like every year there is a news report of DMV employees handing out fake drivers licenses...
https://www.google.com/search?q=ct+dmv+employee+arrested
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Your OP post was gibberish hence the poking fun.

You could have provided a link, like this one (http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=805&q=590166), so people could have put the initial post into some context.

CT DMV has LOOOOOONG had problems with DMV employees creating fake licenses (***cough**** for illegals ***cough****), this appears to be one way they are trying to crack down on that.

Not really all that worked up over this new method of issuing drivers licenses. We get a temp pistol permit before we get the state issued one. However, what sucks balls is one no longer can use Fairfield or New Haven AAA offices for DMV services like renewing drivers licenses.
View Quote
A lot of states use a similar process. It would reduce the potential for fraud by DMV employees.

The temp permit process has a very different basis- the purpose behind that was use town employees to effect the investegative process; which also happens to allow certain local officials to run their fiefdoms the way they choose (regardless of what the legislature intended).
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Punctuation, complete words and proper sentences go a long way to making a post comprehensible. Abbreviations and acronyms usually don't come across well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top