Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 11:43:07 PM EDT
https://t.co/bnV1Aug9qT

Now I don't have to worry about buddies or I magically redesigning my pistols.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish the letter was from the ATF. Big news if reversed. A step in the right direction!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate gun people so much.  I wish I could run the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Not "Breaking News" and not a "reversal".

The ATF never said that unintentional misuse by accidentally firing a round while inadvertently having the stock touch your shoulder was considered "re-designing".

If you've read the open letter, you'll notice the reason for it's writing:
"However, ATF has received numerous inquiries regarding alternate uses for this device, including use as a shoulder stock." (not accidental misuse)

The only reason the ATF wrote the letter was to clarify, to the asshats writing letters, that:
"Any person who intends to use a handgun stabilizing brace as a shoulder stock on a pistol (having a rifled barrel under 16 inches in length or a smooth bore firearm with a barrel under 18 inches in length) must first file an ATF Form 1 and pay the applicable tax because the resulting firearm will be subject to all provisions of the NFA."

The only "Breaking News" is that the more letters you write to the ATF, the more letters they're going to write to all of us.

STOP WRITING LETTERS TO THE ATF!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
sporadic  
occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few places; scattered or isolated.

So sometimes I may shoulder. Most times I do not. Was not intended to in design or use.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not "Breaking News" and not a "reversal".

The ATF never said that unintentional misuse by accidentally firing a round while inadvertently having the stock touch your shoulder was considered "re-designing".

If you've read the open letter, you'll notice the reason for it's writing:
"However, ATF has received numerous inquiries regarding alternate uses for this device, including use as a shoulder stock." (not accidental misuse)

The only reason the ATF wrote the letter was to clarify, to the asshats writing letters, that:
"Any person who intends to use a handgun stabilizing brace as a shoulder stock on a pistol (having a rifled barrel under 16 inches in length or a smooth bore firearm with a barrel under 18 inches in length) must first file an ATF Form 1 and pay the applicable tax because the resulting firearm will be subject to all provisions of the NFA."

The only "Breaking News" is that the more letters you write to the ATF, the more letters they're going to write to all of us.

STOP WRITING LETTERS TO THE ATF!!
View Quote
+ 1 to User55645
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top