Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 11:42:56 AM EDT
If you know anyone in RI you should let them know about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwmCPw_CwZg
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging @SurfAnimal
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys I shoot with out at Bradford Sportsman's Club are getting together and heading up to the capital tomorrow.  

One of the members is a state legislator.  

I hope they beat this.  

There are a couple of PRO-2A ballot measures too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope they beat this.  
View Quote
Yes. I do too. The RI bill is worse than CT's existing idiotic/stupid LCM statute as one in RI would be required to block the magazine to 10 round in order to be able to legally keep the magazine if the bill is enacted. There doesn't appear, unles I missed it, to be any option/provision allowing one to keep a magazine holding more than 10 rounds after 120 days once the bill is enacted.

The bill: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText17/HouseText17/H5155.pdf
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
We should petition the white house.

Trump should be on top of this and stem the further erosion of our rights.

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Unbelievable
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes. I do too. The RI bill is worse than CT's existing idiotic/stupid LCM statute as one in RI would be required to block the magazine to 10 round in order to be able to legally keep the magazine if the bill is enacted. There doesn't appear, unles I missed it, to be any option/provision allowing one to keep a magazine holding more than 10 rounds after 120 days once the bill is enacted.

The bill: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText17/HouseText17/H5155.pdf
View Quote
Yeah, I just looked through it too, and I dont see anything about keeping the mags you already have.

Didnt CT have an issue with the bill originally because it didnt include any type of grandfather-ing in of the mags? Seems like this bill has the same issue. Wonder if they will "compromise" and allow grandfathering.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
CT wanted to confiscate our mags but, after it was made aware of the estimated number of mags they would have to compensate us for, they abandoned that tac and we ended up with "registration" of little boxes of plastic with no numbers to reference.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My magazine tax is = to my cable bill
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Paging @SurfAnimal
View Quote
This @ messenger system doesn't work, at least for me. I was at the state house. We beat them again. For now. I'm just so fucking tired of having to go to the damn state house twice a year. WTF?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This @ messenger system doesn't work, at least for me. I was at the state house. We beat them again. For now. I'm just so fucking tired of having to go to the damn state house twice a year. WTF?
View Quote
Consider yourself lucky, at least they listen to you!  The liberals in Hartford don't care what anyone has to say.  They just sit there, pretend to listen, and do what they want anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Consider yourself lucky, at least they listen to you!  The liberals in Hartford don't care what anyone has to say.  They just sit there, pretend to listen, and do what they want anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, you were at the hearings in 2013, too? The best was Beth Bye (piss be upon her) posting on teh Bookface, thanking her friends for shoveling out her driveway during the snow. Meanwhile, there's hundreds, maybe thousands, of people there objecting to the new bills being proposed and she be like "fuck you, Imma do what I wanna do". Fuckin' cunt.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ahh, you were at the hearings in 2013, too? The best was Beth Bye (piss be upon her) posting on teh Bookface, thanking her friends for shoveling out her driveway during the snow. Meanwhile, there's hundreds, maybe thousands, of people there objecting to the new bills being proposed and she be like "fuck you, Imma do what I wanna do". Fuckin' cunt.
View Quote
Yup, I was there, for all the good it did.  There is nothing we can do against deeply entrenched, big city liberals like Bye, but there should be some Suburban Democrats we can pick off (politically, not literally).  If we can just make good inroads around the edges, we can at least put them on the defensive enough to give a crap about what we are saying!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I took the picture and sent it to reporters.. She was making jokes with Hartford Courant reporter Susan Campbell about drinking every time you heard "law abiding citizen".

I have nothing COC to say about her..
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I took the picture and sent it to reporters.. She was making jokes with Hartford Courant reporter Susan Campbell about drinking every time you heard "law abiding citizen".

I have nothing COC to say about her..
View Quote
IIRC, she doesn't like the COC...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wasn't aware that this was going on in RI. I was seriously considering extending my house searching options to RI but not sure anymore. In your opinion, is it just a matter of time before this bill in some form passes?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware that this was going on in RI. I was seriously considering extending my house searching options to RI but not sure anymore. In your opinion, is it just a matter of time before this bill in some form passes?
View Quote
They try and pass some bs antigun stuff every year. So far we have beaten them every time, but it is frustrating. The ONLY reason I'd move to RI, would be to escape from Ct.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#17]
There's also a bill now pending to eliminate town (shall issue) CCW licensing, as well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They try and pass some bs antigun stuff every year. So far we have beaten them every time, but it is frustrating. The ONLY reason I'd move to RI, would be to escape from Ct.
View Quote
Thanks, pretty much nailed that one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks, pretty much nailed that one.
View Quote
Just bear in mind, that RI has NO NFA, and ccw is hard to get. Things are tough all over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top