Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:39:30 AM EDT
I was interested in getting the PDW kit from Suarez for a glock. It is the 'Arm Brace" type, with accompanying ATF letter that says it's compliant as as long as it is not shouldered. It will not be shouldered. Is this compliant with CT laws ? It will not be attached to a pre-ban, if that is relevant. I have registered 10+mags.
link below.
https://suarezinternational.com/personal-defense-weapon-kit-for-glocks/
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering he's just a reseller of those items, why would you want to do business with a convicted felon who also went to kill all his LEO co-workers?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Obligatory "ewwww glock" post.

M&P#1

17+1

no beans
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering he's just a reseller of those items, why would you want to do business with a convicted felon who also went to kill all his LEO co-workers?
View Quote
I don't. Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They are good to go. The kit makes great sense. Mr camel I am interested in your Intel on Mr Suarez.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are good to go. The kit makes great sense. Mr camel I am interested in your Intel on Mr Suarez.
View Quote
He was convicted of Grand Theft, Money Laundering, and Workman's Comp fraud, 7yrs.

He grabbed his rifle and loaded for bear ready to put down his LEO co-workers who outed his corruption. His current story is on the way over to smoke them, God spoken to him and so he didn't murder them.

He is renound for his shenanigans and threats, and directing his "pirate" cult of followers to harass and threaten people.

His arrest, conviction, and shenanigans are all public record and we'll documented from SWAT magazine? to LA Times. Here's some of his most recent fuckery https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1849018_Suarez_International_AROCK_ing_Customer.html

I believe you have a slide of his if I remember correctly. His prices are competitive for some things, absolutely. But knowing what I know it's not someone I'd give future dollars to.

TL:DR He was fraudulently collecting total disability for a 1999 slip and fall in the locker room, while working, ECT. Then went to murc co-workers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He was convicted of Grand Theft, Money Laundering, and Workman's Comp fraud, 7yrs.

TL:DR He was fraudulently collecting total disability for a 1999 slip and fall in the locker room, while working, ECT. Then went to murc co-workers.
View Quote
A number of the original felony charges were dropped in consideration of his guilty plea, which was to misdemeanors only. His sentence was 7 months jail, a fine, restitution, and probation- according to articles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
- deleted -
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea I have a couple of slides from him and what not. I know about his criminal past. I was being a bit of a smart ass really, which I tend to do, sorry about that. You typically have very accurate and precise posts so when you stated convicted felon my bs alarm went off as they were only misdemeanors. People can like him or not, do business with him or not I honestly don't care at all as I have no dog in the fight but I don't care for misinformation.

As for the concept of the pistol "pdw". Anyone else ever looked into it? I really dig the idea especially for people like us stuck in a state with so many restrictions. Is it as good as an ar pistol? I guess it depends on the exact situation but when options are very limited it starts making even more sense. So just curious what you all think of them too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yea I have a couple of slides from him and what not. I know about his criminal past. I was being a bit of a smart ass really, which I tend to do, sorry about that. You typically have very accurate and precise posts so when you stated convicted felon my bs alarm went off as they were only misdemeanors. People can like him or not, do business with him or not I honestly don't care at all as I have no dog in the fight but I don't care for misinformation.

As for the concept of the pistol "pdw". Anyone else ever looked into it? I really dig the idea especially for people like us stuck in a state with so many restrictions. Is it as good as an ar pistol? I guess it depends on the exact situation but when options are very limited it starts making even more sense. So just curious what you all think of them too.
View Quote
No worries. I confused him with the guy from SOE who is a real deal felon not just a general mess.

Definitely a viable concept. Have you seen the new Roni Micro STAB?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it's a waste of time. It seems to me that any situation you could come up with something else would be better. In most cases I think an AR pistol would be more effective at whatever you are trying to accomplish. Think about it, all that thing really does is make pistol shots slightly more steady. In a house I'd rather have a shotgun or normal pistol (no stock needed). If needing to shoot over 100 yards, an pistol AR would do much better. The only thing I can think of is that if you don't have any other guns and no money to acquire them, you can get this for $100 and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I don't get the point behind these things. Unless you are seriously disabled (which I think a blade is pointless and the brace is better) I don't see this doing anything worthwhile. Can you compete in USPSA or IPSC matches with it? If you're using it for "plinking fun", what happens when you take it off? You're left with having to fire unaided, to which you haven't been training. If I were to rock a G18, yes, I'd have a Glock Stock on it, but that's a real stock. It's your money and all, but I'd rather buy more mags, dildos, and ammo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't completely disagree with the above comments but I think valid points in the pro column are definitely missed. Camel the roni is the first point. To me it's way too bulky for what the pistol pdw is trying to do and costs way more in the process. One a main plus is that it is a very small package compared to something like a roni or ar pistol. When weapons are smaller it's just a fact, people are more apt to carry them. Another plus is manual of arms and magazine compatibility with your carry gun. To me that's a pretty big deal. It's easy to carry multiple g17 mags compared to multiple ar mags. Honestly who carries an ar pistol around all day in CT? Now compare that to who carries a hand gun?? I am not saying they are better than an ar pistol in 300bo but it's definitely a viable option in many situations. All things being equal I always want a rifle round over a pistol round for the terminal ballistics but it won't always be available.

Edit. Oh and just for the record, I am not talking about plinking or gun games. For the purposes of this conversation I am clearly talking about life and death active shooter situations. I don't typically make choices about firearms for plinking and games, it's cool if others do and I get that but it's not my focus.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't completely disagree with the above comments but I think valid points in the pro column are definitely missed. Camel the roni is the first point. To me it's way too bulky for what the pistol pdw is trying to do and costs way more in the process. One a main plus is that it is a very small package compared to something like a roni or ar pistol. When weapons are smaller it's just a fact, people are more apt to carry them. Another plus is manual of arms and magazine compatibility with your carry gun. To me that's a pretty big deal. It's easy to carry multiple g17 mags compared to multiple ar mags. Honestly who carries an ar pistol around all day in CT? Now compare that to who carries a hand gun?? I am not saying they are better than an ar pistol in 300bo but it's definitely a viable option in many situations. All things being equal I always want a rifle round over a pistol round for the terminal ballistics but it won't always be available.

Edit. Oh and just for the record, I am not talking about plinking or gun games. For the purposes of this conversation I am clearly talking about life and death active shooter situations. I don't typically make choices about firearms for plinking and games, it's cool if others do and I get that but it's not my focus.
View Quote
Are you planning on carrying the stock around with you? I'd prefer to just have a plain pistol, faster to deploy (not to mention the complications of daily carry of the stock) and completely fine at hitting man sized target at 50 yards even under stress. If you had an active shooter and time to get the stock from the vehicle, why not have a long gun in the trunk? I get your point, and to each his own, but still not seeing the benefit. Does look like fun for plinking though 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Speaking of rifle round, minium barrel length AIDS cannon with a LAW tactical folding arm brace will fit in a ukelele bag
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I would consider this to be in addition to a carry pistol and not in replacement of. My point on carrying it is that is it much smaller and lighter so it would not be left in the vehicle like a trunk long gun. Mine on a g34 easily fits into and UA Storm backpack fully assembled. Like I though, I prefer the long ammunition capability it's all give and take. I admit I have almost no knowledge of the aides cannon stuff and would love to learn. I love me some loopholes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you planning on carrying the stock around with you? I'd prefer to just have a plain pistol, faster to deploy (not to mention the complications of daily carry of the stock) and completely fine at hitting man sized target at 50 yards even under stress. If you had an active shooter and time to get the stock from the vehicle, why not have a long gun in the trunk? I get your point, and to each his own, but still not seeing the benefit. Does look like fun for plinking though 
View Quote
I'd just be getting it for a range toy and barbeque showpiece. We're severely restricted with our fun toy's in CT, other than what we already have (registered).For when true need, I'd grab a FAL or AR10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top