Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 8:01:35 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_168/1649780_.html&page=1&anc=5177992#i5177992

Should I let this die or what steps should I take?  I am functionally illiterate on getting feedback to work and warning the community about this person who may come and go preying on others while pretending to be a new member.  It seems he essentially tried to time a payment cancellation to coincide with my shipment of an item so as to gain an item for free.  His lack of history and tax day crowds at post office prompted a delay of shipment which resulted in the item not shipping prior to his paypal reversal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd let it die and let Paypal straighten out his payment issue, if he's due one.  About 6 months ago I had a serious problem with someone who had actually hacked my "ship too' address in my eBay account.  Paypal handles the bucks as you know.  The ended up actually offering to pay and did, in fact, pay me everything back that I'd spent to ship it.  I was really surprised that they offered that to me but they did make it right.  I didn't do thing except follow their instructions.  No need to try to figure out that poster.  Move on, that's what I'd do.

Rome
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you got lucky. You could bring it to the EE Negative Feedback section here. The guy will probably cancel his account and start a new one if he wants to scam again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Selling a 1911 lanyard shouldn't constitute a violation of paypal rules right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top