Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 7:32:21 PM EDT
Hey everyone.  First off, I have absolutely no affiliation with this dealer other than the transaction I'm posting about.  I'm just posting this in the event someone else is in the same predicament and doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding alternative ways other than paying and picking up.  I hope it's okay I post this as I'm just trying to help people out.

I wanted some "higher end" plates and that was proving difficult to make happen in CT.  I posted in the Armory section asking for advice on how to procure some high quality plates in CT.  A member here im'd me telling me Thames River Arms in Waterford, CT was a dealer for Spartan Armor.

I communicated with the owner, Mark, exclusively via text until the day I picked my plates up in person.  His communication was outstanding.  I simply picked what I wanted from the Spartan website and sent him a screen shot of it in the cart.  He sent me an invoice via paypal.  He ordered it.  He texted me when he received shipping notification and again when it arrived.  I drove up to Waterford on a Sunday afternoon.  We shook hands, he handed me the plates and that was it.  Very nice guy.  He'll tell you he's no expert on plates or armor so do your own research on what you want first.  

I purchased some composite plates AFTER calling Spartan and confirming that Hesco makes their composite plates.  Ironically, Hesco was one of the companies I was trying to find a source for.  I couldn't have been more pleased.

Again, I have no affiliation with Thames River Arms or Mark.  However, I would NOT hesitate to do business with him again.  He was great.  I'm just trying to help others trying to find some plates.

Thames River Arms  I don't Facebook, but this is all there is

Spartan Armor

HESCO makes Spartan's composite plates
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know!
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mark at Thames River Arms is a great guy to do business with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top