Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 5:40:20 AM EDT
Be a shame if someone called ICE on it...

Linky

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Its so nice of them to all get together in one spot for ICE to pick them up
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Fifteen years of "see something, say something" propaganda can finally be put to good use.

SEE AN ILLEGAL ALIEN, SAY SOMETHING TO ICE
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
ok so how are they even in school in the first place?  don't you have to give the schools their vaccine records, SSN, and berth cert?  maybe a few other things?

also I'm guessing the parents aren't paying into the tax system so....... uhhhhh  go to hell
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok so how are they even in school in the first place?  don't you have to give the schools their vaccine records, SSN, and berth cert?  maybe a few other things?

also I'm guessing the parents aren't paying into the tax system so....... uhhhhh  go to hell
View Quote
Schools can't deny students enrollment based on immigration status. Federal courts have struck down restrictive enrollment policies on numerous occasions.

Having walked parents through the enrollment process on several occasions in the past, my experience is that districts' biggest concern is proof of residency. (Though if a student qualifies as homeless, it's amazing what sort of accommodation can be made to the process). A birth certificate is a typical requirement, but there is no reason why an illegal immigrant  wouldn't have one of those. (You don't earn a US birth certificate by being granted a green card). Also, lack of status would not stop an individual from going to a physician to get the state health assessment record filled out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its so nice of them to all get together in one spot for ICE to pick them up
View Quote
That's what I'm thinking...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I say we flood the local ICE office with phone calls today...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Schools can't deny students enrollment based on immigration status. Federal courts have struck down restrictive enrollment policies on numerous occasions.

Having walked parents through the enrollment process on several occasions in the past, my experience is that districts' biggest concern is proof of residency. (Though if a student qualifies as homeless, it's amazing what sort of accommodation can be made to the process). A birth certificate is a typical requirement, but there is no reason why an illegal immigrant  wouldn't have one of those. (You don't earn a US birth certificate by being granted a green card). Also, lack of status would not stop an individual from going to a physician to get the state health assessment record filled out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh ok, like I said I don't really know what it takes as I don't have kids.

so is the family paying into the tax system for the tuition or are they just taking from it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I still don't get how that's considered a "restrictive" policy. I mean, they come here, likely commit identity fraud, and take advantage of programs that we the taxpayers pay for all the while putting nothing back in return. Fact is, they're criminals by the sheer fact that they're here illegally and thus, should be deported based on that alone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Students strongly feel that they should be eligible for equal access to student-generated state financial aid because it comes from the students' own tuition.
View Quote
That's a special kind of logic right there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

oh ok, like I said I don't really know what it takes as I don't have kids.

so is the family paying into the tax system for the tuition or are they just taking from it?
View Quote
The answer is maybe.

In Connecticut, it is possible that they are paying some sort of property taxes (e.g. if they own a registered vehicle or home) . In some instances they may have money withheld from wages as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I still don't get how that's considered a "restrictive" policy. I mean, they come here, likely commit identity fraud, and take advantage of programs that we the taxpayers pay for all the while putting nothing back in return. Fact is, they're criminals by the sheer fact that they're here illegally and thus, should be deported based on that alone.
View Quote
I agree with most of what you're saying. I want to make sure its clear that what I presenting was purely intended to be an approximate representation of facts.  The one point that I am going to differ from you on, that I believe you will probably agree with, is that there are a lot of citizens and people otherwise with  lawful presence in the United States who also take (a lot) and contribute....nothing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree with most of what you're saying. I want to make sure its clear that what I presenting was purely intended to be an approximate representation of facts.  The one point that I am going to differ from you on, that I believe you will probably agree with, is that there are a lot of citizens and people otherwise with  lawful presence in the United States who also take (a lot) and contribute....nothing.
View Quote
Oh, absolutely and without a doubt. It's two fronts we have to fight. The easier of the two is dealing with the illegals. Start dealing with them to show that fraud won't be tolerated and use that as justification to go after the fraudsters that are here legally, citizens or otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top