Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 6:23:04 PM EDT
The plate shoots at NHSC (4158 Durham Rd Guilford) start back up April 14 with 22rifle

See nhsc-fnp.com  or call dave for info 203-780-1600

Guns must be cased  

$15 for non club members
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
"Plate shoots back" I thought someone shot steel and the bullet ricochetted back and hit them

At first I was like

But then I was like
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
.22 rifle?

Maybe I'll win the raffle on Weds night and use that.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The plate shoots at NHSC (4158 Durham Rd Guilford) start back up April 14 with 22rifle

See nhsc-fnp.com  or call dave for info 203-780-1600

Guns must be cased  

$15 for non club members
View Quote

Any word on if they are going to allow handguns to be holstered during matches, like they used, or will it strictly be case to the line going forward?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Plate shoots back" I thought someone shot steel and the bullet ricochetted back and hit them
View Quote
Only reason I clicked on this
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any word on if they are going to allow handguns to be holstered during matches, like they used, or will it strictly be case to the line going forward?
View Quote
I can ask at our monthly meeting on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want anybody to get hurt but I too am disappoint.

Perhaps "Plate shoots ARE back at NHSC" would be better.  But I'm still disappoint.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Perhaps "Plate shoots ARE back at NHSC" would be better.  But I'm still disappoint.
View Quote
In a universe where Michael Jackson could name his kid Blanket anything is acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe it was talked about and to my understanding the holster is OK. This will be a cold range , any carry guns must be unloaded at the fireing line as the owner enters
the range (with permision of the match director) and then the firearm may only be handled at the safe table (no ammo at the safe table,loaded mags can be in pocket or on belt but not handled at safe table. Firearm may of course be drawn at the fireing line at the "load and make ready" command.

No real differences for the shooters except the fee being bumped to $15 for non club members.
Changes to the way range is maintained , cleanup and protection of lights ect. All plates will be on the rack,no seperate stop plates on floor although one of the rack plates could be designated as a "stop" plate with paint
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't feel so bad now
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
.22 rifle?

Maybe I'll win the raffle on Weds night and use that.  
View Quote
Never let lack of suitable firearm prevent coming to our shoots , show up with safety glasses , hearing protection and ammo and we can find you a firearm to borrow.
Actually a good way to test drive different guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top