Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2017 11:10:22 AM EDT
if i buy a pistol out of state and have it sent to an ffl in ct do i have to pay CT sales tax?
Screaming deals on shields online but with FFL transfer fee around $40.00 im trying to see
the actual cost difference of buying locally with sales tax.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
40?  who charges that?  shops I use are $20/25.  where are you located?

no, you wouldn't pay tax on it just like buying anything online.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got an email from Hoffman's and the had a crazy deal on shields. You should give them a call to find out what they have for pricing
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
NGX is 40.00 ,Im in newington area
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah i saw the 9mm deal at 365.00 but im looking at the 45acp and they are around 345.00 online plus the 75.00 rebate,9mm even cheaper than that
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
if you want to make a trip to wilcott Cobra at Brass City Munitions does $20 transfers.  buy some ammo while you're there too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The shop that does the transfer will not collect sales tax. You are supposed to submit sales and use tax for purchases made out of state when you file your income tax.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:You are supposed to submit sales and use tax for purchases made out of state when you file your income tax.
View Quote
Can't afford it. Not with the increased mag tax and all
Life's all about making choices
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

if you want to make a trip to wilcott Cobra at Brass City Munitions does $20 transfers.  buy some ammo while you're there too.
View Quote
No shit, had no idea.  Any contact info to share?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea recently got the FFL/SOT, will also do NFA transfers as well with the possibility of shooting it while you wait.

brasscitymunitions.com is their website.  or IM me and i'll get you his number
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if i buy a pistol out of state and have it sent to an ffl in ct do i have to pay CT sales tax?
Thanks
View Quote

Actually yes, you are supposed to pay CT's sales tax on it if the item costs more than $25. Its just the FFL isn't the one collecting it. Instead you are supposed to claim it on your CT 1040 tax form. It is called a "Use Tax". But in reality many people just ignore that portion of the tax form and leave it blank.

Technically many products or services you buy out of state and online that do not have a CT sales tax applied to it, or if the other state's sales tax is less than CT's sales tax, you are supposed to report that and pay either the CT ax rate or the difference between the CT rate and the other state's rate if CT's is higher.

See the following form and instructions: http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/forms/2013forms/salesandusetax/op-186.pdf
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you want to stay local to that area, contact Darin at Plus One Defense in WeHa (Elmwood, right near the Colt factory). He charges $30.

www.plusoneguns.com
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yea recently got the FFL/SOT, will also do NFA transfers as well with the possibility of shooting it while you wait.

brasscitymunitions.com is their website.  or IM me and i'll get you his number
View Quote
Sweet thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Delta Arsenal....$20.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top