Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:50:18 PM EDT
Has anyone seen these ? Or are these a no go in CT ? It's not going to win the sexy award
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OAL is 26.1" and being chambered in 5.56 this would make it an assault weapon i believe. So probably a no go in this shithole.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, forgot about the OAL
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No go, Deltas "compliance officer" told me no because hand is under action.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No go, Deltas "compliance officer" told me no because hand is under action.
View Quote
I know it's still a no go but isn't the action in the butt stock area because it's a bullpup design ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know it's still a no go but isn't the action in the butt stock area because it's a bullpup design ?
View Quote
The charging/operating handle is forward of the pistol grip/grip area. As such its arguable that the fingers of the trigger hand are below the 'action of the weapon'. It a problem with quite a few bullpup designs.

The Ares SCR apparently gets a pass because of the palm swell grip even though the rat tail from the SCR's BCG goes down into the palm swell grip. Not sure why the RDB with the palm swell style grip doesn't get a pass if the OAL is over 30 inches. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The charging/operating handle is forward of the pistol grip/grip area. As such its arguable that the fingers of the trigger hand are below the 'action of the weapon'. It a problem with quite a few bullpup designs.

The Ares SCR apparently gets a pass because of the palm swell grip even though the rat tail from the SCR's BCG goes down into the palm swell grip. Not sure why the RDB with the palm swell style grip doesn't get a pass if the OAL is over 30 inches. <shrugs>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny to me SB because this thing from Keltec looks like a 2x4 with a pipe coming out the end
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
How is that  keltec any different than this one outside of the overall length?  This is an SGWorks stock with an SKS inside.  No mods at all to the original rifle but the ergonomics sure look similar.  Of course the SKS is in 762x39.  One could easily remove the grenade launcher or use a different model SKS to make the overall lenght shorter but it would still be legal.

Attachment Attached File

Keltec

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How is that  keltec any different than this one outside of the overall length?  This is an SGWorks stock with an SKS inside.  No mods at all to the original rifle but the ergonomics sure look similar.  Of course the SKS is in 762x39.  One could easily remove the grenade launcher or use a different model SKS to make the overall lenght shorter but it would still be legal.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48221/full-right-side-175812.JPG

Keltec

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/2778454/kel_tec_lede.jpg?preset=article
View Quote
SKS are preban.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How is that  keltec any different than this one outside of the overall length?  
View Quote
Two things. First, the SKS is preban. Second, the operating/charging handle of the SKS is behind the pistol grip where as the Keltec has it infront the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure, the preban asset is the key but, in reality, CT is just looking for ways to prohibit stuff like this by any means.  That Keltec is no more lethal or dangerous than that SK on top, imho.  But my opinion doesn't matter, I know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48221/full-right-side-175812.JPG

Keltec

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/2778454/kel_tec_lede.jpg?preset=article
View Quote
Cab the new Keltec RDB survival rifle does not even look like that, no pistol grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top