Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 11:28:40 AM EDT
http://www.nhregister.com/opinion/20170315/john-stoehr-pay-panhandlers-to-stop

John is full of great ideas. I'm hoping he runs for office. I also hope Milford takes his advice! I'd love for my Party Dues to go to a good cause like this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, while we're at it, why don't we apply this to everyday crimes?
Gonna kill someone? Hold on there, I'll give you $1,000 not to do it. How about selling drugs? I'll give you $500/ounce of whatever drug you were going to sell. Sound good?

This one actually might work. Instead of giving the "War on Drugs" funding to the police, just give it to the potential drug sellers/traffickers. We promise we won't go somewhere else and sell, honest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gonna kill someone? Hold on there, I'll give you $1,000 not to do it. How about selling drugs? I'll give you $500/ounce of whatever drug you were going to sell. Sound good?

This one actually might work. Instead of giving the "War on Drugs" funding to the police, just give it to the potential drug sellers/traffickers. We promise we won't go somewhere else and sell, honest.
View Quote
Already doing that, how does $9000 sound? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/paying-criminals-to-stay-out-of-trouble-dc-could-be-next-city-to-try-experiment/2016/02/07/f3cc2d76-ca9e-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.36410ba7971a
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already doing that, how does $9000 sound? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/paying-criminals-to-stay-out-of-trouble-dc-could-be-next-city-to-try-experiment/2016/02/07/f3cc2d76-ca9e-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.36410ba7971a
We could use the money from the tolls to pay for it..... or was that money already spent? Or was it promised to someone else? I get confused with all the dumb ideas being floated about.
Take a bum to work day?
Have lunch with the homeless day?
Gotta get the right spin on it.... then it's do able!
Bring up Jesus or maybe Mohammad ..... that's a sure way to sell it
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I delusional but don't we already have this program?

Is is called a job!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am I delusional but don't we already have this program?

Is is called a job!
View Quote
No no no
A job is what keeps you too busy to commit crime
What they're doing is giving lazy ppl the money we made while not committing crimes so that they don't go out and steal it anyway

Did I get that right?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I told one guy claiming he was a veteran at a local Walmart begging for money to find a job and he could have a job if he spent half he time pan handling job hunting.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Next thing you know they'll suggest paying kids to do home work or not to skip school.... Oh wait some have suggested that too...
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I only put money in the fireman's boot
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I only put money in the fireman's boot
View Quote
I am tired of EVERYONE that asks for money!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I drive through Waterbury a lot, and I see the Same guy on the same corner almost every time.

I imagine he makes a good amount of cash doing so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The past few Mondays we have have panhandlers a 50ft (a few doors down) from our business. They have annoyed our customers so much that it has gotten to the point where I will walk outside and approach them to ask for spare change
View Quote
I have done that in the past, it really confuses them!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#13]
You guy's got me going Check out this   THREAD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top